Options

Ripper Street

Comments

• Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, it's what it's gone through the BBFC as.

http://bbfc.co.uk/releases/ripper-street-video-11

I guess there's always the possibility that BBC Worldwide have accidentally submitted a pre-edited version that's intended for commercial broadcasters overseas, but it's pretty rare for that happen.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound negative or question what you posted.
    52 minutes just seems very short for the version the BBC will broadcast, I still think there's been a mistake with that episode somewhere, but I'm not questioning what has been submitted to the BBFC for the DVD release.
  • Options
    marke09marke09 Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series 3 will be shown on Friday nights starting at 9pm on Friday 31 July BBC One
  • Options
    Kieran SeymourKieran Seymour Posts: 901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    Sorry, didn't mean to sound negative or question what you posted.

That's okay. I didn't take it that way anyway :)
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marke09 wrote: »
    Series 3 will be shown on Friday nights starting at 9pm on Friday 31 July BBC One

Not really a prime slot for a serious drama, and in the middle of summer which is traditionally a bit of a rating black spot. No doubt they'll give it little promotion again too.

But at least this time we already know it's been renewed for 2 more series thanks to Amazon.
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just hope this time top viewer-pulling programmes like I'm A Celebrity or Gogglebox isn't being shown around then.
  • Options
    FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myss wrote: »
    I just hope this time top viewer-pulling programmes like I'm A Celebrity or Gogglebox isn't being shown around then.

I'm A Celebrity starts in November.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can't wait!
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Can't wait!

GREAT!
  • Options
    xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've burned through all three series in 2 weeks, what can I say but it's been absolutely brilliant!!

One of those shows, where you simply have to know what happens next.

Roll on series 4 and 5! :)
  • Options
    Barney_BarnesBarney_Barnes Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    I have just caught up with the first episode of the new series of Ripper Street.
    Just just as enjoyable as ever of course. But I think the producers may have made a mistake in the scene of the train crash.
    In the scene the driver of the Necropolis train, when he realised he was was on the wrong route, said he was on the passenger line. The scene involved a passenger train travelling in the opposite direction about to hit his train head on. However, surely the passenger train should have been on the other track.
    I assume railway operations were not much different then as now, unless someone can enlighten me.
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gadzooks! Reid goes Rogue.
  • Options
    jj2jj2 Posts: 4,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love/Hate star joins Dublin-shot Ripper Street - RTÉ Ten http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2015/0811/720553-killian-scott-joins-ripper-street/ via @RTE_TEN
  • Options
    bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just caught up with the first episode of the new series of Ripper Street.
    Just just as enjoyable as ever of course. But I think the producers may have made a mistake in the scene of the train crash.
    In the scene the driver of the Necropolis train, when he realised he was was on the wrong route, said he was on the passenger line. The scene involved a passenger train travelling in the opposite direction about to hit his train head on. However, surely the passenger train should have been on the other track.
    I assume railway operations were not much different then as now, unless someone can enlighten me.
    The train had been rerouted when the points were switched.
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arnt the two coppers & the Yank accessories to murder?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are there 2 threads for Ripper Street?
  • Options
    diablodiablo Posts: 8,300
    Forum Member

The action in the episode is way off real life, there is no way the Necropolis train would be near there. Plus the two engines shown were both built around 1920. :D

I think you are supposed to ignore such things. :)
  • Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    diablo wrote: »
    The action in the episode is way off real life, there is no way the Necropolis train would be near there. Plus the two engines shown were both built around 1920. :D

I think you are supposed to ignore such things. :)

I assume the only people who would know such things are the people you see standing on a platform wearing an anorak and taking down train and carriage numbers ;-):D
  • Options
    diablodiablo Posts: 8,300
    Forum Member
    seejay63 wrote: »
    I assume the only people who would know such things are the people you see standing on a platform wearing an anorak and taking down train and carriage numbers ;-):D

I'm only going off something I read elsewhere, though I used to be a trainspotter in 1960. :)
  • Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    diablo wrote: »
    I'm only going off something I read elsewhere, though I used to be a trainspotter in 1960. :)

I expect it was far more interesting being a trainspotter then than it is now. They're all a bit boring these days - except our local trains which are all steam :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can the 2 threads be merged??
  • Options
    Barney_BarnesBarney_Barnes Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    The train had been rerouted when the points were switched.

I know the Necropolis train had been re[routed, but that was on the 'right' line, it was the passenger train that appeared to be on the 'wrong' line.
  • Options
    gregoa3gregoa3 Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Surprised to see no mention of Series 4 on here yet!

Found the first episode up on Amazon a couple of days ago, and now episode 2 up as well.

A few new characters including "Neville" form Harry Potter playing a handsome young police sargeant.
  • Options
    lindenlealindenlea Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gregoa3 wrote: »
    Surprised to see no mention of Series 4 on here yet!

It's here:
    Ripper Street - Series 4 - Amazon Instant Video pace.
  • Options
    SamthefootballSamthefootball Posts: 4,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Ripper Street series 4 going to be shown on BBC Still :)
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is Ripper Street series 4 going to be shown on BBC Still :)

Yes .