Google I/O

2»

Comments

• GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rosetech wrote: »
    Its a dev conference :rolleyes: Lots of new stuff announced for developers, especially like the new IDE. Today is more developer streams - looks like the rumours were correct, the hardware and software were not ready in time.

Yeah the first hour was things the new IDE and APIs, after that they spent 2 and a half hours showing updates to google products.

I/O is usually used to showcase a new version of Android which I expect a lot of devs would have wanted to see too, it's been a year now since Jelly Bean came out.
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FWIW Paul Thurrot has a fairly lengthy article listing the enhancements and changes to Google services that were announced on Day One, which he reckons are significant. I'm not sure I agree with him.
    http://winsupersite.com/cloud/google-io-2013-day-one-flood-new-and-improved-google-services
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty significant updates from a technological viewpoint - proper bluetooth stack, enhance APIs, wallet integration, cloud services. Despite the lack of goodies on show, if you are interested in developing for the Android platform, it is very useful and streamed (better yet attend Google I/O extended)
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So when will we see a new Nexus 7?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So when will we see a new Nexus 7?

Rumours seem to point to July.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    I/O is usually used to showcase a new version of Android which I expect a lot of devs would have wanted to see too, it's been a year now since Jelly Bean came out.

What is the difference between a major version change and a minor? Its just version numbers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is the difference between a major version change and a minor? Its just version numbers.

Really? 4.1 added lots of new features including project butter. 4.2 on the other hand just added a few minor things.

Google evidently think this way too as they didn't call 4.2 a major release.