Options

It's a Funny Old Week

2»

Comments

• Options
    WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anything with Jason Manford on is usually lame, cheap TV. I don't know, it's like he's riding on the 'quaint Northerner' act, delivering stuff in the 'average bloke' kinda way...but Peter Kay and Lee Mack pretty much have that angle covered (Mack being the funniest by a long way)

Similar with Ross Noble and the Milican - neither hilariously funny but, hey they have 'comedic' voices, so that makes them hysterically funny.
  • Options
    hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Jack Carroll is as unfunny as ever!
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    I see Jack Carroll is as unfunny as ever!

The audacity of using a Harry Hill catchphrase as a punchline! I usually dont mind him but I can't really relate to school-based stand-up, having left school about 15 years or so ago.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Jason aka ford but this isn't funny. Jack Carroll was absolutely horrendous.
  • Options
    hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    I like Jason aka ford but this isn't funny. Jack Carroll was absolutely horrendous.

I don't actually mind the programme, although it feels more like a late afternoon/early evening Sunday filler programme rather than primetime Monday night.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't actually mind the programme, although it feels more like a late afternoon/early evening Sunday filler programme rather than primetime Monday night.

Maybe. Not sure I agree.

Apologies for the autocorrect mistake by the way.

That woman at the end - I was on the bus driver's side (apart from calling the police).
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    Being very young and disabled does not excuse poor alleged jokes.

What a silly boy. He was on when I flicked across and I could not believe the "joke" he made......

Two religions, Christianity on one side and Islam on the other. So God looks down and says FIGHT.

That's funny is it? Not even amusing in the school playground surely. :blush:
  • Options
    BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whole thing is just unbelievably bad.

Which is the worst 'comedy' ever: this or SunTrap?

Tough call.
  • Options
    mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Jason Manford, but not a big fan of this show at all, I think it would be so much better with just him, instead of the comedians and clips.
    The selfie stick thing was just awful!
  • Options
    KatanaBladeKatanaBlade Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rather enjoyed it. Wouldn't watch it religiously but if it was on it was certainly hold my interest and give a few chuckles.
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It still wasn't great but a bit better than last week's dreadful debut. Not something I'd wait out for but may take a look if nothing else is on.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    The canned laugher on this is the truly laughable aspect.

Also he pretty much word for word repeated a joke from The Last Leg on Friday.