Justin Timberlake - "I'm Ready"

2»

Comments

• Options
    kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So 3008 wrote: »
    Britney clearly has a large international fanbase aswell but as I said her comeback's success was very lacklustre (although I know it had awful promo) compared to even Circus', nevermind her past success or the leaders of the popworld today (although nowhere near as bad as the first three I mentioned I know, which is why I listed her and Avril seperate; Avril having only sold 200k less than Britney's FF 1.5m year end total). There was also large amounts of hype for both Christina's comebacks and that erm didn't ended well either.

HOWEVER not to put a downer on things after seven years I'm sure most fans couldn't care less about how much it sells at this moment in time, they just want good music, and I hope he delivers (I really don't like his voice so it matters not a jot to me either way personally).

Plus I actually do agree that I could see this comeback being the most successful comeback of recent times because unlike the girls who have all been replaced by the likes of Gaga, Rihanna and Perry, who has replaced Justin?

The biggest males of today are Buble, totally different to Justin, Eminem, again totally different, and Bruno Mars, the closest style to Justin but not really.Then of course there is Justin Bieber but his massive media personally and celeb status doesn't really cross over to sales or the charts, so I do think there is a good sized hole for Justin.

I can see your point. I used to love christina, and I have 3 Britney CD's, and I was aware of the new releases,but I was just too meh about buying them. No idea why. I wonder if that was the same for quite a few people. Too many "off screen" dramas that maybe turned people off? (I think that did it for me with Britney, I think Christina just lost her way and sounded too samey all the time). (obv these are what I thought and I'm not saying that everyone who ever listens to her would find her samey and some may find every song she does offers something different, before someone picks me up on that!)

I feel Justin has maintained a mystique since he's been away. His SNL skit where he's "not going to sing tonight" even won awards in 2010. It will be very interesting to see how he does on release :) And I can't wait for a tour :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very interesting. I was beginning to doubt he would ever return :p

2013 is shaping up to be a good year for music indeed. Katy Perry, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Cher, Adele (if the rumours are true) and Justin Timberlake. Rihanna will probably chuck another album out there as well (although as much as I love her I wish she would slow it down).

Now if only Lana Del Rey would announce her second studio album... That would make my music year complete.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,989
    Forum Member
    Can not wait for Monday.. If he and Timbaland have kept their magic from FS/LS it could turn into the biggest return of 2013.. I like that he goes away and doesn't just rush release crap every year or two, in his break between Justified and FutureSex, he seemed to become massive from doing very little and I hope that this break will emulate or improve upon that success!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can not wait for Monday.. If he and Timbaland have kept their magic from FS/LS it could turn into the biggest return of 2013.. I like that he goes away and doesn't just rush release crap every year or two, in his break between Justified and FutureSex, he seemed to become massive from doing very little and I hope that this break will emulate or improve upon that success!

This. Since hearing of his return yesterday...all his songs have been on loop. I love his songs. Never gets old. I cannot wait for his new songs. Just hope he doesn't start releasing generic pop songs that everyone has been doing lately just to get into the charts.
  • Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Hope this will be good :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    glad he is coming back x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Five Hours to go!!!
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its arrived, suit and tie.:D maybe, its a grower.:o
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    its arrived, suit and tie.:D maybe, its a grower.:o

.......not good :(:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First 8 bars I was like erm ...

I can remember how much I disliked the lead single of justified and FSLS at first and then couldn't stop listening to them so I was prepared to not like it initially!!!

I'm excited for the album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The album is now available to stream on Itunes...

Love "That Girl"... It sounds really promising...!!
  • Options
    TR252TR252 Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    I didn't want to listen to it before the release but I have no will power.

I love it so far, just on 'Don't Hold The Wall'. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TR252 wrote: »
    I didn't want to listen to it before the release but I have no will power.

I love it so far, just on 'Don't Hold The Wall'. :D

Ahh it's good... It really IS good!

'Twas worth the wait. Can't wait to have it turned up in the car on a long drive now :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving it. I actually like that the songs are long.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Justin released this video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3eZ5sanyiI&feature=youtu.be

Looks like a return is imminent.

I saw him at the 02 in 2007 - he was amazing.

Rolling Stone magazine has given 20/20 Experience 4 out of 5 stars, can't wait to get it!