Show Humax your top 5 wish list items here

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    I'd prefer Humax to put their effort into fixing the bugs before introducing new features:
    1. Fix the "fails to record second of two overlapping reservations on the same channel" bug.
    2. Fix the "fails to record radio" bug.
    3. Fix the "recordings with no sound" bug.
    4. FIx the "wrong date and missing programme name in the recorded programmes list" bug.
    5. Fix the "program name disappears from schedule after padding" bug.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mfmf wrote:
    I'd prefer Humax to put their effort into fixing the bugs before introducing new features:
    1. Fix the "fails to record second of two overlapping reservations on the same channel" bug.
    2. Fix the "fails to record radio" bug.
    3. Fix the "recordings with no sound" bug.
    4. FIx the "wrong date and missing programme name in the recorded programmes list" bug.
    5. Fix the "program name disappears from schedule after padding" bug.

mfmf,
    Absolutley. I said in the first post that its a given that humax will do those as a priority. See the bugs thread also.
  • Sue_CSue_C Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Ability to watch a recording while it is still in progress.
    2. Ability to continue to watch a buffered programme when 2 channels commence recording, until the end of the buffer is reached.
    3. Ability to play wma files as well as mp3. I think this would be more useful than slow picture shows.
    4. Ability to see now and next listings for all channels.
    5. Please don't make auto-padding compulsory
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    1 - Record padding keeping the name of the programme

2 - Faster and reliable transfer from/to USB

3 - A completely rewritten manual. I'm sure there a features I don't understand!

4 - Start watching a recording that's not finished when the channel is not selected

5 - Indication if a recording is encrypted - although I'm not sure if this already exists and doesn't work.

There are plenty of other people's suggestions that I have little use for but respect their wishes, but I must object to losing the pip screen when in the guide. I cannot be alone in watching TV in the presence of other family members who want to continue watching a programme while someone else looks at the EPG!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    1. When padding, keep the name of the programme

2. Faster loading EPG when coming out of standby, it takes a while to populate. By saving EPG to hard drive, then once out of standyby uploading to memory.

3. Display digital photo's quicker. I uploaded some large photo's to my unit but it takes ages to display them.

4. Make future software updates downloadable via usb rather than RS232?

5. Autopadding selectable (off, 5mins or 10mins).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    1: Watch program from start while recording
    2: Pad recordings
    3: Enable to see now/next for all channels from info bar rather than only the viewed channel (this could free up the almost useless list button - see below)
    4:Use list button to access recorded programs list or alternatively swap functions of MENU and recorded programs buttons (removing the need to open flap)
    5: Add shortcuts using coloured buttons to recorded programs list, for the following functions resume, play from start, delete, lock.
    6: EPG cached to HDD on standby
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    jjn wrote:

There are plenty of other people's suggestions that I have little use for but respect their wishes, but I must object to losing the pip screen when in the guide. I cannot be alone in watching TV in the presence of other family members who want to continue watching a programme while someone else looks at the EPG!

You are not alone - I would not want to lose this. Losing the programme I'm watching/listening to is the thing that has always irritated me about the SKY EPG. I'm sure that there are ways of getting more entries per page without losing the PIP.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,528
    Forum Member
    Well if they got the iPlate thing working properly (so you could cruise Now/Next (and indeed all EPG data) on ALL the other channels while watching the current channel) then there wouldn't be so much need for PIP in the EPG itself I guess?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    sorry for being offthread, BUT what is a STICKY on a DS thread and how di I use it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marcdavis wrote:
    In order for Humax to identify what would make the 9200t "even better" and what the people want, please note down your top 5 wish list items in any order. Please leave out bug fixes from your list as it will be a given that Humax will deal with those as a priority.

Dont worry if its the same as others, just get it down and then we can see what the common top 5 ones are!

If you have a whole load of suggestions please see the main Wish List thread [thread=301995]here[/thread]

The top 5 items from everyone can be categarised and summarised every now and then.

A new thread like this can be started following the next update, as there may be wish list items that become extinct!

Interim Report...

I have got Excel to automatically sort the list of 160 votes. Here are the top 5 wish list items by number of votes:

Joint number one position (21 votes each)

increase 20 timer limit
    configurable Auto-padding
    chase play on recording program

Number two (20 votes)

faster EPG or save to disk

Joint number three position (10 votes each)

increase EPG view
    keep name originally selected from guide when adjusting schedule

Joint number four position (7 votes each)

navigate EPG with one touch button keys on remote
    delete recordings from the playlist menu

Number five position (5 votes)

Buffer does not clear when flicking
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    harling wrote:
    sorry for being offthread, BUT what is a STICKY on a DS thread and how di I use it?

they are easily found threads because, as you may have noticed, they stay in one position (top) for ever
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Originally Posted by marcdavis Interim Report...

I have got Excel to automatically sort the list of 160 votes. Here are the top 5 wish list items by number of votes:

I think joint number three 'keep name originally selected from guide when adjusting schedule' is really a bug and as such should be fixed anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RJD wrote:
    I think joint number three 'keep name originally selected from guide when adjusting schedule' is really a bug and as such should be fixed anyway.

It very much could be a bug, and in some respects many many people would want it to be treated like one of course. In bold above because I am not swayed definately either way on the subject.

Personally I have become of the opion that this is more of a "feature" if you know what I mean rather than a bug. Purely because of the logic being applied to the way it removes the original program name when in effect you are chaning it to be a recording of precisely an EPG item to something else when changing the peramiters. On that basis, I think its something that was not thought through very well, as despite the computers logic, real life people are more or less just doing stuff like padding the originally selected program from the EPG.

If my speculation is correct, for this to be a bug the box would have had to have been originally designed NOT to remove the program name when subsiquently changing schduling peramiters, but then failing to do just that.

I'm probably wrong about it being an undersirable "feature" rather than a bug but hopefully you get my reasoning - however flawed it might actually be!! :)

Undesirable feature or bug, Humax have said they are looking into it anyway.

I'm now in danger of taking this thread into a direction not intended. But certainly something that could be discussed debated in the bugs thread by people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RJD wrote:
    I think joint number three 'keep name originally selected from guide when adjusting schedule' ...

...should be fixed anyway.

yeah agree with you on that. Sorry about the long winded post above.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    I keep changing my mind on these but here goes:

1. Re-design whole gui interface to be more intuitive (eg use the coloured buttons for common tasks and across diferent menus): A look at the Pace Twin's ageing interface shows how simple it can be.
    I can't help feeling the current inconsistency is due to elements of the software being re-used from previous STB's.

2. Allow adjustable auto-padding

3. Quicker population of EPG Data (maybe caching)

4. Improve USB data rates (and error correction)

5. Allow users to specify the partition size available for Video recordings vs MP3/JPEGS.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    Five suggestions for the EPG:

1 - Optional PIP in EPG (allowing more channels in view when PIP is switched off). Should be able to toggle PIP on/off from within the EPG (maybe using the PIP button on the remote control as a toggle on/off)

2 - Allow 'Program Reminders' in the EPG, so you can set it to (a) display a message to remind you a program is about to start on a different channel (b) switch to the channel automatically when the program is about to start.

3 - When in the EPG, let the transport and ad skip/reply buttons of the remote control work without having to bring up the timebar (for quicker navigation of the EPG).

4 - When in the 'EPG Search' feature (keyboard screen) let the colour buttons operate the 'Find', 'By Genre', 'Previous', and 'Next' buttons for faster navigation of the character keyboard (i.e. make these 4 options colour coded on screen).

5 - When in the 'EPG Search Results' page provide an option to list the results by either (a) channel (b) broadcastdate/time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Great machine, but needs tweaking a bit yet:-

1 Allow "padding" of recordings whilst preserving programme title, both in recording schedule and recorded programmes list.

2 Improve reliability of copying to PC - if PC could see the hard disk as a removable drive, could not the PC then take control and use its own error checking to eliminate errors?

3 Allow recorded programme list (and also ideally the recording schedule) to be sorted by title, date etc.

4 Add facility to vary recording compression ratio

5 Easier navigation through EPG

Also, whilst not Humax's fault, get them to bring pressure to bear on the broadcasters to implement the equivalent of PDC!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    1. Chase play.

2. Auto padding.

3. The whole of the mp3 player needs redesigning so that you can:
    a. read the whole artist/track names
    b. f/fwd and rew
    c. upload more than 5 gb. especially if, as I assume, most peoples stb's are hooked up to their hi-fis anyway, this is where this machine can add a seriously good selling point.
    d. access the mp3 s a whole lot quicker than the current 4 minutes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Mine are...

1) Option to Sort Recordings by name
    2) When padding keep the correct name in both the 'to be' and 'have been' recorded lists
    3) Increase the schedule to at least 50-100 recordings
    4) Option to turn off on screen messages (so they don't appear when you archive to VCR/DVDr)
    5) Store the EPG on disk when in standby (or dramatically speed up the population of it when switching on)

While I'm at it, OT I know, but my top five things I'd like the Broadcasters to do (all equal first)

Transmit the right EPG data (not 6 hours of Wife Swap or More 4 preview)

If a program is supposed to be on at 9 o'clock start it at nine - if it means not showing the ad for a forthcoming show for the 268th time I think we can live with that

Talking of time - send the right time down whatever source the Humax picks it up from

Get rid of the DOG - I'm not stupid, I know what channel I'm watching and I don't need to be reminded - after all i manage without the DOG while the ads are on don't I?

If you're going to show a classic film at ridiculous o'clock in the morning with a bloke waving his arms about ruining it - at least tell the Radio Times so I know not to waste my time & disk space recording it

I feel better for that!

Regards

David
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    1) Auto or manual padding.

This to me is most important since just doing one recording is a right pain at the moment. Forget 20+ or obscure picture in picture requests, I can't even do one recording easily as it's pretty much essential to pad them. It should be treated as a bug.

2) Chase Play of recorded programme.

Every other twin tuner PVR does this. It's fairly embarassing that this one doesn't.

3) Store EPG on standby

It can't be that hard to store it somehow? Maybe there's a problem if it needs updating (do these things change during the day sometimes for corrections?).

4) More timers.

Just a "nice to have" for me.

5) Auto or manual pading.

So good I mentioned it twice.

OK - I should put a proper number 5.

5) Easier to get an mpg from TV show.

Either more software on CD or ideally done in the PVR itself (optionaly for download via USB).
  • ChairmanMeowChairmanMeow Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only have one major requirement at the moment:

1) Padding at the start / end of a recording. This is a MUST.

To make it easier to implement by Humax I would accept the following:

a) Via a preference menu set the preffered minutes padding before / after a recoding.

If there are no recordnings on the same MUX which conflict with a recordning, add the padding at the start end of the recodring.

If recordings on the same MUX are back to back, meaning that the padding would cause conflicts, drop the padding.

This would mean that the current creation of recording requests do not need to worry about the padding. This will only be added if allowed by the current recording requests.
  • ChairmanMeowChairmanMeow Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, OK, I lied. I have another request...

Humax must increase the limit to >20 recordings at any time. This sounds as if their software has a hard coded array of 20 timers. Please allow unlimited (or at least 50) timers.

And, I've jsut thought of another. Why do they not allow for Weekday (i.e. Monday to Friday) in the recording schedule?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    ok - i'm a newbie so be kind
    here are mine

1. chase play - i have the bug with the tv remote changing channels on the humax(Sanyo TV) so relying on the timeslip viewing is risky

2. Always populated EPG - I always put in standby so waiting for the EPG is a minor pain

3. Auto padding available - this should be configurable and auto turn off for 2 sequential recordings. i use the work arounds but its a pain having to remember

4. Store 2 buffers at once ( the last 2 viewed channels).

5. Link 2 halves of movies together when selecting the recording / playlist.
    you already know its a movie (find / genre) so look for program n+1 and n + 2 in the EPG. If it's the same program title then record both and link together in the program lists

These are nice to haves though - the box is my first PVR and is great. some of the minor bugs will get fixed anyway (recored name already done). Has meant that i will record stuff again after giving up trying to record through a set-top Goodmans into a VCR (and then half recording the DVD i was watching rather than the TV
  • ClaratClarat Posts: 4,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. more than 20 timer limit (at least 50) <<< this above everything else is the most annoying thing for me.

2. More channels on epg, but keep PIP - it can be done, I had this with telewest: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds7320.html

3. Pressing OK when in recorded programmes should play rather than bring up delete etc

4. Chase play of recording programmes

5. Better use of the 'green bar' in the epg, it is clumsy at the moment, should be able to go forward a day much more easily.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    heres mine
    1) Autopad (and retain program name)
    2) Chase Play
    3) at least 50 items on schedule
    4) Improved EPG
    5) Daily,Weekly, Weekend, Weekday options (and set number of repeats)