Doc Martin (Part 12 — Spoilers)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Martin Clunes knows that he's a sex symbol to many women? :cool: Seriously, isn't it ironic that someone who unkind things have been said about his looks is now considered Extremely Fine?! ;):p:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    robspace54 wrote: »
    "Must spread love of Doc Martin" is one of the major signs of docmartinitis, you know. Good job!

I think a goal for the New Year should be for each of us to "convert" at least three people to DM!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    whale wrote: »
    Thks Connie. Could that be PB walking across the road avoiding the manhole cover!! What's the betting this is filmed in Dorset...

I LOVE the way he says "what" at the end!
  • marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In regard to the conversation between Bert and Al at the luncheon after AJ's funeral in S5E2: Bert says "So Pauline decided to give it a missing." Al says: Ah, it's a bit of a drive from Bristol and she couldn't get the time off work." Are we to assume they are still seeing each other? Does that leave it open-ended for Pauline to return in S6? Frankly, I can't picture a romance between Al and Morwenna.
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marchrand wrote: »
    In regard to the conversation between Bert and Al at the luncheon after AJ's funeral in S5E2: Bert says "So Pauline decided to give it a missing." Al says: Ah, it's a bit of a drive from Bristol and she couldn't get the time off work." Are we to assume they are still seeing each other? Does that leave it open-ended for Pauline to return in S6? Frankly, I can't picture a romance between Al and Morwenna.

I do think there is a 50/50 chance she will return in S6. They've left the way open.

NO chance of a romance between Al and Morwenna, I would think.

I so want to see Roger Fenn again -- maybe as best man at the hoped for wedding?

Personally, I think Clive will take Mrs. Tishell off in the Winnebago and we won't see her again -- but she will be missed. Among other things, can't imagine that DM wouldn't report her to the pharmaceutical licensing board (whatever that is in England) even though he might not press kidnapping charges!
  • TxBelleTxBelle Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »
    I do think there is a 50/50 chance she will return in S6. They've left the way open.

NO chance of a romance between Al and Morwenna, I would think.

I so want to see Roger Fenn again -- maybe as best man at the hoped for wedding?

Personally, I think Clive will take Mrs. Tishell off in the Winnebago and we won't see her again -- but she will be missed. Among other things, can't imagine that DM wouldn't report her to the pharmaceutical licensing board (whatever that is in England) even though he might not press kidnapping charges!

just won't be the same without Mrs. Tishell though..:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marchrand wrote: »

Thanks so much for the research. Nice to have such willing librarians! :)
  • marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frankly, NewPark, I don't want to see a wedding happen-- we have come through five series without one, but I do want to see a christening. JH's last name has not been agreed upon yet--that should fill a whole episode! In S5 they talked back and forth about the christening but nary a word about getting married. A non-wedding I would think would give the writers more to work with in terms of this relationship.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching DM S3-E5 "Breaking up is hard to do" Martin being his usual charming self, Louisa trying to keep things going, and a little yellow flower. Mood swings. Out of kilter. Holly and her back and an extraordinary man.
  • BloodphobiaBloodphobia Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    Friend who watches show in England said that the baby, James Henry, was named after one of MC's Cocker Spaniels who died recently. Any intel on that in UK?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    Friend who watches show in England said that the baby, James Henry, was named after one of MC's Cocker Spaniels who died recently. Any intel on that in UK?

MC shared in a TV interview that PB insisted the baby be named after their Jack Russel Terrier. Their cocker who died was named Mary, and appeared in one of the DM episodes. :D
  • ConniejConniej Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The baby was named after his living Jack Russel terrier. Mary was his spaniel that died in 2009. She was a guest 'star' in series 1 of DM.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conniej wrote: »

I want to know the name of the man that was visiting from Texas..I might know him.;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    I think that the baby has been named. At the end of each episode, the cast lists the baby(ies) as James Henry Ellingham.

Why don't you want to see them married? I think it would be a great relief to see their marital status settled, especially as Martin is very traditional about their relationship and wants a stable home for his and Louisa's son. I can think of lots of ways the ups and downs of their relationship can be explored, but at least with a commitment, they can move on. Well, at least that's what I'd like. But I'm a romantic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why I can't view this? Was able to see the first two! Say's, "no mobile source found"?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ellenwdot wrote: »
    I think that the baby has been named. At the end of each episode, the cast lists the baby(ies) as James Henry Ellingham.

Why don't you want to see them married? I think it would be a great relief to see their marital status settled, especially as Martin is very traditional about their relationship and wants a stable home for his and Louisa's son. I can think of lots of ways the ups and downs of their relationship can be explored, but at least with a commitment, they can move on. Well, at least that's what I'd like. But I'm a romantic.

I noticed the name in the credits also. However, Louisa earlier insists to Mrs. T that the baby is Master Glasson. They never showed DM and LG discussing the last name and it isn't mentioned when he filled out the official form. All we know is James Henry for sure. They seemed to skip over that part...:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    mmDerdekea wrote: »
    Same here, only female friend. I chat with her on-line every Sunday night and have been bothering her for months, too, to watch Doc Martin. She finally did and has fallen immediately in love with DM, and the entire show, and is nearly done watching Seasons 1-4. (Standing straight with hands akimbo)--"My job here is done!". :)

I am proud to say that I have gotten quite a few people to become besotted with DM. I have to admit I bugged them to death until they relented and watched it...that was all they needed. One of my friends got 2 sets of Series 1-4 of DM for Christmas. Anyone want to buy the extra set for $33??? She also got the MC DM movies.Another friend recently lost her husband and DM has been a wonderful diversion from every day things and sadness. I encouraged them to watch Series 5 but some of them missed the boat on that !! Yes, it is true that MC insisted that the baby be named after his dog. While I love MC and DM I was abit annoyed by this. It was just too cute from my point of view. :mad:

I want to wish everyone a Happy and , most importantly, a HEALTHY New Year. You all have brightened my 2011 with your wonderful posts and postings to YT and I have been so impressed with how respectful and kind everyone is despite having some differing viewpoints on things DM and Downton Abbey. Thanks so much from the gatorgal in Sunny Florida..:)
  • mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ReneeBird wrote: »
    I don't know why I can't view this? Was able to see the first two! Say's, "no mobile source found"?

I'm having the same trouble; it keeps kicking on/off. I did not have that problem with the other two, either.
  • mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ellenwdot wrote: »

I agree. I'd like to see them married, and it could be very humorous with the village people wary about showing up again....perhaps this time DM and LG are there and no guests arrive! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am proud to say that I have gotten quite a few people to become besotted with DM. I have to admit I bugged them to death until they relented and watched it...that was all they needed. One of my friends got 2 sets of Series 1-4 of DM for Christmas. Anyone want to buy the extra set for $33??? She also got the MC DM movies.Another friend recently lost her husband and DM has been a wonderful diversion from every day things and sadness. I encouraged them to watch Series 5 but some of them missed the boat on that !! Yes, it is true that MC insisted that the baby be named after his dog. While I love MC and DM I was abit annoyed by this. It was just too cute from my point of view. :mad:

Oh, I love the name, James Henry. I don't care if they used their dog's name. But, we all have a right to our own opinion! :)Well, my sister-in-law finally watched episode 4 from Series 3, "The Admirer". She said, "Watched DM yest. Not sure abt whether I like it...British tv is different! And, would Not go to him as a physician"! I told her it would grow on her and I also gave her some history on why he is the way he is. And, she said she Might give it another try. Well, you can convince some of the people some of the time...jeez! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm having the same trouble; it keeps kicking on/off. I did not have that problem with the other two, either.

What devices are you using? I don't have any trouble watching on my android tablet. I had more loading issues on my PC for some reason.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What devices are you using? I don't have any trouble watching on my android tablet. I had more loading issues on my PC for some reason.
    I have the 1st i-pad. Why oh why does my husband like to watch these old, "Dick Van Dyke" and "Bob Newhart" shows? Go away, so I can watch something good! At least, made in the last decade!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have the 1st i-pad. Why oh why does my husband like to watch these old, "Dick Van Dyke" and "Bob Newhart" shows? Go away, so I can watch something good! At least, made in the last decade!

You may need to watch it as a 'normal' version of the website instead of mobile. With Android you just need to use the 'debug' setting. I think that Ipad may be trickier. If there isn't a desktop option on the website then you would need to use a different browser other than Safari for Apple. I think you should be able to find browser alternatives available in apps - 2 that I know of are called Atomic and Terra.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I'd like to see them married, and it could be very humorous with the village people wary about showing up again....perhaps this time DM and LG are there and no guests arrive! :D

now that would be quite a show...:D
This discussion has been closed.