A Touch of Cloth - Sky 1 - Sunday 26th August

Comments

• anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Concrete and Piss. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    It's going to take many repeat viewings to catch all the visual gags.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not so many laugh out loud moments as last night

The first one that comes to mind........

I......we.......

Don't worry, I wee in the toilet as well
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »

I......we.......

No, not as funny as last night but still a bit of silly fun. Karen Gillan with the erection was hilarious.
  • Callum_BrownCallum_Brown Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is not an episode of Cracker. CRACKER, JACK!
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »

I......we.......

That's the one that got me the most :)

I liked the second one just as much as the first personally. The "trailer" for an apparent 4th part looked "different" !
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it weird that Karen Gillan seemed much hotter to me when she was playing a full on nutter in the final scenes?

I love the synchronised slo-mo 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!'s from Cloth and Hairy Hands.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I love the synchronised slo-mo 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!'s from Cloth and Hairy Hands.

That image has just popped back in to my head and made me laugh - especially with the part where they took a deep breath to carry on :)
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,661
    Forum Member
    Loved this once again. :D

The only problem is I spend so much time pressing pause to see the jokes at the back, that I have to watch the episodes through another time properly.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Another good series, although not as good as the first.
    As usual the runninig jokes on his name and the airplane like retorts are good. Also spotting the posters and signs in the background.

I didn't realise how tall Karen Gillan, or how long her legs are. It's quite apparent in the group shots.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched them both last night and I thought they were hilarious.

First was by far better than the second but nonetheless great stuff.

I was very surprised by Karen Gillian. She was very good considering she absolutely sucked at everything else I've seen her in.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I was very surprised by Karen Gillian. She was very good considering she absolutely sucked at everything else I've seen her in.

You're just annoyed that she got the heck out of Scotchland the first chance she got....;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're just annoyed that she got the heck out of Scotchland the first chance she got....;-)

That could be it ;)
  • finluxfinlux Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the second one just as much as the first personally. The "trailer" for an apparent 4th part looked "different" !

Agreed. I've enjoyed all three, however, I've a feeling the trailer was not actually a trailer, rather a spoof "goodbye we're not making anymore". That could explain the bizarreness of it, and the fact he had the words "The End" written on his bum!

I hope I'm wrong though - I'd love to see more!
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucky I spotted it as I also can't recall seeing any advertising. Wasn't it a couple of weeks early though, as IIRC the previous two were shown on the August bank holiday weekend. In agreement with some others that part one was better. Still think the first one was the best of the three so far.
    Forum Member
    finlux wrote: »
    Agreed. I've enjoyed all three, however, I've a feeling the trailer was not actually a trailer, rather a spoof "goodbye we're not making anymore". That could explain the bizarreness of it, and the fact he had the words "The End" written on his bum!
    I thought it was obvious?
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not enough of Tom Boss in this one
  • finluxfinlux Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I thought it was obvious?

I think you're right, sadly....
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,102
    Forum Member
    finlux wrote: »

I hope I'm wrong though - I'd love to see more!

I think the third series was filmed back to back with the second last year. So what we saw last week was filmed over a year ago. I remember Suranne Jones interviewed on Daybreak last year about the second series and clearly remember her saying that there is a third series which has already been filmed and will go out next year. I cannot remember if she said it was the final series.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    I think the third series was filmed back to back with the second last year. So what we saw last week was filmed over a year ago. I remember Suranne Jones interviewed on Daybreak last year about the second series and clearly remember her saying that there is a third series which has already been filmed and will go out next year. I cannot remember if she said it was the final series.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that all three series were filmed in one block
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,824
    Forum Member
    Is it weird that Karen Gillan seemed much hotter to me when she was playing a full on nutter in the final scenes?

Indeed, I think she looked so stunning and the more screen time she got the better she looked.
    Forum Member
    FM Lover wrote: »
    Indeed, I think she looked so stunning and the more screen time she got the better she looked.
    Also was quite plain and not plastered in makeup. Goes to show how natural beauty will shine through.
  • Wonky_DolloperWonky_Dolloper Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Also was quite plain and not plastered in makeup. Goes to show how natural beauty will shine through.

Karen Gillen... :kitty: puuurrr. That hair. That accent. Those legs...

As for "A Touch Of Cloth 3". There's been very little new TV comedy that's made me laugh in the last couple of years, and this had me hooting with laughter, groaning at some of the puns and rolling my eyes at some of the gags that fell a bit flat. It was a bit up and down, and yes, there were parts where it probably tried too hard, but it's as funny as I remember Police Squad the first time. And although I love Police Squad and Airplane, I can't really watch them any more because I know them pretty much off by heart, and the jokes don't surprise me any more. "Cloth" may just be recycling much from Police Squad, but the jokes come from a different angle and surprise you again.

Compared to some of the appalling comedy that the BBC have put out in the past couple of years (and I'm only giving my opinion, my tastes differ from others), like Mrs Brown's Boys (I know it's a massive hit, but it's just not my thang. No offence to you if you like it :)), or that awful Ben Elton series from a while back featuring a Health & Safety guy and his lesbian daughter. (Ditto)

Overall, it made me laugh more than 50% of the time and I watched both episodes. So a success in my book.
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That for me was the best one of the three so far.
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    No, not as funny as last night but still a bit of silly fun. Karen Gillan with the erection was hilarious.

You have a very basic sense of humour! There were much funnier bits than that.