Fifa 15 Vs PES 2015

Comments

• SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    exactly speedloafer, which is why many of us dont think fifa ever overtook pes.

and with the new pes wowing everyone who plays it(even fifa youtuber KSI with 8m subscribers) one would hope konami will force EA to improve drastically.

You say "many" but as once part of that group I dont htink there are many left. And its not like FIFA got amazing, it got better about to PES ps2 level at the start of last gen but PES went backwards. That is the problem

KSI apart form being an all round misogynistic (one of many) videos prick and prick in general will have to move away from the FIFA series. He is sponsored by and promotes heavily FUT coin selling sites. Coin selling destroys the FUT economy completely. Devaluing cards at a worrying pace. EA have last month said anybody associated with coin selling or promoting in any way will be banned instantly, including and especially prominent youtubers. So he has no choice really.

Of course the real reason EA are doing this is that it costs them money.

Now saying that the PES demo may be superb, we will know in 2 days. Im hoping it is.

I should add EA say their punishments are: If you are promoting or buying. Caught 1st time, A warning. 2nd, Reset of FUT and coins returned (may not be a bad thing :)) 3rd permanent FIFA ban. If you are selling or farming. Its a ban from all EA games, Yes all. So be careful. I have sold coins on ebay in the past. Just a few but when I was finished playing. No more I guess.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeh like i said i just wanna play footy. save the coins for super mario
  • iDirtyPenguiniDirtyPenguin Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Having said that, PS4 Users - Anyone creating or up for creating a Digital Sply Clubs?

add me: A_Homeless_Jew_
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Having said that, PS4 Users - Anyone creating or up for creating a Digital Sply Clubs?

add me: A_Homeless_Jew_

Better create a specific thread in the PS forums. :)
  • iDirtyPenguiniDirtyPenguin Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Better create a specific thread in the PS forums. :)

Done ^_^
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ea have nailed Steven Gerrard for Fifa 15

http://youtu.be/1NNSUFT3sXI
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    yeh like i said i just wanna play footy. save the coins for super mario

Agree. Never got into the whole FUT thing.
  • RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, so just playing the demo now. As I've said before I always give it ago.

Side note - 2 hours to download on a 60mb connection from Sony servers (PS3) what a joke! Will be the same on Wednesday I suspect :(

Nice menu's, nice music.

Pre-game nonsense while loading is ridiculously easy.

Napoli vs Dortmund. It's at the default ground Anfield. The atmosphere is very English though. I was expecting some Napoli ultra type fan ambience. Is the crowd specific to the ground in FIFA? PES it's specific to the team.

Like the distinction of the away fans when panning the ground.

Camera is really off-putting. Is this a new view? It's very jerky!

Passing is too definite and easy. People were saying hard to score? I found it quite easy to score, as did my AI opponents. Goal keepers might as well not be there.

I would find it hard to have a real war of attrition on this game. When I play with my friends on PES when we are both at the top of our games it's like an Atletico vs Real Madrid match...very difficult to gain an edge unless there is a lapse in concentration or some magic to open up the defence.

I guess there-in lies the difference. FIFA is more pick up and play whereas PES is definitely an endurance game that awards you eventually way beyond what FIFA can provide.

As for graphics. Both games look very similar to me nowadays it's hard to tell the difference. It certainly is a myth that FIFA has better graphics.

I hate scripting in any game and we all know it's very apparent in FIFA. But to be balanced it is in PES as well just less pronounced.

I gave it a go but this isn't going to convert me. Lets see what Wednesday brings. PES has been receiving gushing reviews and awards a plenty at these games shows they have but I still want to make up my own opinion!
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You say "many" but as once part of that group I dont htink there are many left. And its not like FIFA got amazing, it got better about to PES ps2 level at the start of last gen but PES went backwards. That is the problem

Go back and play the PS2 PES games.

They were great at the time but they have aged badly. FIFA introducing 360 degree movement was such a huge deal, it makes all football games before it seem so on-the-rails.

As I said in the other thread, I find modern day FIFA a lot harder than the old Pro Evo games ever were.

I also must be in the minority but I'm finding the keepers in FIFA 15 incredibly good rather than bad. Saving 90% of one-on-ones from top strikers even with flair shots.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    Go back and play the PS2 PES games.

They were great at the time but they have aged badly. FIFA introducing 360 degree movement was such a huge deal, it makes all football games before it seem so on-the-rails.

As I said in the other thread, I find modern day FIFA a lot harder than the old Pro Evo games ever were.

I also must be in the minority but I'm finding the keepers in FIFA 15 incredibly good rather than bad. Saving 90% of one-on-ones from top strikers even with flair shots.

Ah I meant on a gameplay level it is similar where as PES has gone backwards. Like if you asked somebody who had never seen a football game to look at ps2 PES and then let them play modern FIFA and modern PES and ask them which was it successor Im certain most would say FIFA.
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PES lost its way after clearly dominating in the PS2 days, i'd never touch a FIFA game back in those days I think the only decent FIFA title I could recall was the RTTWC 98 with the indoor 6 a side included. It all changed when moving gen's PES went backwards so quickly, I tried and persisted with PES2008 and 2009 and they were awful so never went back apart from try the demo's each year and finally gave PES another chance with the PS plus offering but I didn't enjoy it and gave up after 2 hours of really trying to give it ago. Fifa is way ahead of it but far from perfect at the moment, FUT seems to be the main focus at the moment, with core features i'd like to see improved such as career mode just given quick fixes each year. For me the best football game of the PS3/360 generation was easily Fifa World Cup 2010, followed by Fifa11 both were great and enjoyable games, I actually think the world cup game came very close to capturing the old playability in PES4 & 5.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pes wins brazil gamescom award to add to german one.

thats all sports games too so beating NHL and NBA

bodes well.
  • PES 2009PES 2009 Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The PC version of PES 2015 won't be based on the PS4 version, that's a huge letdown.

It's going to be an improved version of what's on PS3/Xbox 360 but no new dynamic lighting system.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PES 2009 wrote: »
    The PC version of PES 2015 won't be based on the PS4 version, that's a huge letdown.

It's going to be an improved version of what's on PS3/Xbox 360 but no new dynamic lighting system.

same gameplay which is what matters. i dont play PC so cant say i care if i am being honest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cggFyu8Sf7A#t=202

wow....PES looks AMAZING.

wether you will buy it or not you must admit that video is exciting?
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Whedon - I could copy and paste your comments from Sept 13, Sept 12 etc and they all say the same thing about PES.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whedon - I could copy and paste your comments from Sept 13, Sept 12 etc and they all say the same thing about PES.

well pes 12 and pes 13 were brillaint so is hould hope so!!!!!!

14 sucked and you wont find a quote where i says its great

so well done trying to put down any pro pes views but it backfired lmao
  • ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard rumours (wikipedia actually but it's since been edited out) that all licenced teams from Serie B will be present which would be nice and something that FIFA doesn't have.
    Again, the same source said that Dortmund will not be present for CL, neither will the Bulgarian team in Liverpools group.
    I can live with that to be honest and I couldn't give a toss about the English teams not being licenced. Bring on tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard rumours (wikipedia actually but it's since been edited out) that all licenced teams from Serie B will be present which would be nice and something that FIFA doesn't have.
    Again, the same source said that Dortmund will not be present for CL, neither will the Bulgarian team in Liverpools group.
    I can live with that to be honest and I couldn't give a toss about the English teams not being licenced. Bring on tomorrow.

heavily rumoured that serie b, french league 2 and english championship will be in pes 15
  • ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Napoli vs Dortmund. It's at the default ground Anfield. The atmosphere is very English though. I was expecting some Napoli ultra type fan ambience. Is the crowd specific to the ground in FIFA? PES it's specific to the team.

I don't think it's incorrect to say that FIFA is a very anglo-centric game in general. Play a game between two foreign sides at a random stadium and you'll still see small things like english police in the background, crowd stewards etc (whereas on the continent its more usual to see riot police and an empty terrace between fans.)
    I know thats nothing special in the overall context of a football video game but its the small details like that that I enjoy in PES. PES2013 which I absolutely loved had a small point of half full stadiums if you were doing badly or were a small minnow club, every game I've played in FIFA for the Xbox is a big sell out attendence.

If I was a fan of the Premier League or english football in general then it'd be a no-brainer decision for me. I'm not though and I far prefer continental football - so the presentation will be of little use to me. I can pretty much guarantee that the lineup for Olympiacos, Panathinaikos or PAOK won't be read out like it is in the demo version. In FIFA 14, we got the announcer say the same line about Olympiacos before the start of every game!! ("Very passionate fans, lets see if they can put some of that passion onto the pitch" - EVERY F****** GAME!!!!!!)
    So great if your a fan of the Premier League and perhaps the ten or so marquee clubs from Italy, Germany and Spain - not as great for presentation if you're not.
  • sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I like the look of it. Will definitely give the demo a go tomorrow.

Goalkeepers seem an issue in that video though. The first goal with the initial low shot which led to the volley the keeper should of just caught and the 3rd goal the keeper has practically pushed the ball out to the on coming striker for a tap in instead of pushing the ball wide? Scripting maybe or goalkeepers may need fine tuning still?

No doubt that visually it looks impressive but I Can't really comment on the gameplay until I've played it though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sparky07 wrote: »
    I like the look of it. Will definitely give the demo a go tomorrow.

Goalkeepers seem an issue in that video though. The first goal with the initial low shot which led to the volley the keeper should of just caught and the 3rd goal the keeper has practically pushed the ball out to the on coming striker for a tap in instead of pushing the ball wide? Scripting maybe or goalkeepers may need fine tuning still?

No doubt that visually it looks impressive but I Can't really comment on the gameplay until I've played it though.

yeah a few parries led to goals but i have seen some new animations added sinces gamescom so hopefully its something they are improving all the time.

demos out tommrow btw
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pes15 impressions podcast for those who wanna know how it "feels"

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/pes-2015-demo-podcast/
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Ordered my PS4 today so hopefully will be delivered tomorrow in time for the demo. We'll see how it feels, still looks like there's a couple of areas they can work on. Also tough to solely judge based on the demo, last years demo was very different to the full game.
  • TechnoGeekTechnoGeek Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being a huge Portsmouth fan the thing that ruin"s this year"s Fifa for me is the inclusion of S*********N"s ground St Fairy"s, apart from that really looking forward to this year"s installment P.S. Fifa over PES anyday