DS Fantasy Eurovision 59: Voodoo in Vaduz

Comments

• mikabvmikabv Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About the Luxembourg thing, I've always been against it since I live in Luxembourg and know how little connection it has to the Netherlands, and I've always chosen actual Luxembourgish songs, since the music scene here always has a couple decent songs.

About the NF Rule, I suggest this:

-Songs from NF's may participate, but only if they did not reach the final stage of the selection
  • mikabvmikabv Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikabv wrote: »
    About the Luxembourg thing, I've always been against it since I live in Luxembourg and know how little connection it has to the Netherlands, and I've always chosen actual Luxembourgish songs, since the music scene here always has a couple decent songs.

About the NF Rule, I suggest this:

-Songs from NF's may participate, but only if they did not reach the final stage of the selection

Adding this:

-If you choose a song from a national selection, it must be a studio version, not a live performance
  • Gwen 404Gwen 404 Posts: 3,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im not for the nf rule change at all i have to say. this contest for me is about new music. sometimes there just isnt a good song for your country, everyone has had those countries and i think deeling with is a part of this.
  • TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to give you all an heads up I will be updating the CofC page tonight/tomorrow.
  • PooleyPooley Posts: 5,062
    Forum Member
    Tbf most of the harder countries don't have national finals so really don't see the point
  • spinbrandispinspinbrandispin Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Alexos wrote: »
    It's because it becomes tricky when you're hosting and trying to get an equal number of 'good' and 'bad' countries, and accounting for diversity most of the 'good' countries have one main microstate each. I'd rather a second - albeit tenuous - Wales, than four Englands.

And, it has been said before: the microstate rule has nothing to do with politics!! or geography (not really anyway).

I can see that mikabv, coming from Luxembourg (beautiful country btw), can't see the relationship with the Netherlands (although there once was the BeNeLux:D). But it doesn't mean anything, it's like Alexos said: just a way 'to even things out'.

And as I see it now (after following the discussion on the forum):

The NF discussion is getting complicated and although my remark started the whole thing: I now say let's leave it alone. We have to 'work around' it.
    (still a little in doubt: maybe the host can bend it a little as suggested by some:D)

But hey, both rules work -sometimes better than other times- nothing is perfect. I'd say: let's keep it simple:blush::)
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even though there's not really any link, I definitely think that Luxembourg is a better Dutch microstate than South Holland, was it? :p (Sorry Dylan!)
  • Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    I personally don't like the NF rule as it defeats the whole purpose. The only thing I would consider was if the song didn't make the lives (like in the Swiss selection).
  • CuishlaCuishla Posts: 16,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alexos wrote: »
    It's because Netherlands have so much more available than Belgium, and Germany and France already have microstates.

With Belgium occasionally being split between Flanders and Wallonia, it makes more sense for Luxembourg to choose from Netherlands as well. Although I do agree with mikabv that the Luxembourg music scene is at a decent standard.

Natalia Jiménez is getting around the countries as well. Portugal being her third different one after Spain and Andorra, albeit with La Quinta Estacion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    21. DENMARK
    Denmark has no microstates this time around so the Ginger Ninja is bringing the only Danish entrant! Since the start of 2014, Denmark have yet to break into the Top 10! A shocking performance for one of the Scandinavian nations. Will Faucets be able to do what the others couldn't? Or will it be back to the drawing board sooner rather than later...

Ginger Ninja - Faucets
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    22. NORTHERN IRELAND
    The Northern Irish haven't seen much success in 2014 either, unless your name is Janet Devlin. Is she back this time? Nah, we're having a break from Janet and General Fiasco are back after a 2 year break. They failed to qualify back in Orebro, but will Waves be a different story?

General Fiasco - Waves
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    23. MACEDONIA
    Who would've thought that Macedonia would have a better year than Denmark!? Three Top 10 finishes and off the back of a 5th place DSFE newcomer Jova Radevska is out on a mission to beat that 5th place. The song is entitled Not Now Romeo, but lets hope that it doesn't end the same way Romeo & Juliet does...

Jova Radevska - Not Now Romeo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    24. LITHUANIA
    Lithuania very rarely have any strong performances in DSFE. GJan & Krewella being two of the only acts to ever be solid performers. It's actually quite a surprise that The Killers haven't had many appearances. The Indie tones of Brandon Flowers strikes again with Just Another Girl in a bid for Lithuanian DSFE success.

The Killers - Just Another Girl
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    25. MONACO
    French microstate time! This year has been a double edged blade for the Monegasques that have come to perform. Either crashing out early or doing quite well. Calogero are also a brand new DSFE entrant, having never appeared previously. The band are taking their song Un Jour Au Mauvais Endroit to fellow microstate Vaduz.

Calogero - Un Jour Au Mauvais Endroit
  • CuishlaCuishla Posts: 16,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Bosnian entry was used for Croatia in Bordeaux
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cuishla wrote: »
    The Bosnian entry was used for Croatia in Bordeaux

Thanks for noticing that! I'll mail the person now. Didn't even think about checking Croatia for Bosnia lol. :o
  • BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What Bosnian entry lol :confused::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe we need to remind people that artists are often used for multiple countries and to check the wiki by using the search function?
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Maybe we need to remind people that artists are often used for multiple countries and to check the wiki by using the search function?

Yes, this, exactly. Search the name of the artist or the title of the song and check all the results carefully because the keywords can be cut off in the preview text.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, this, exactly. Search the name of the artist or the title of the song and check all the results carefully because the keywords can be cut off in the preview text.

Some people are just lazy though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol well we can't help them if they are lazy so they bring it on themselves then! :p

What happened to the initial reviews? :( Was hoping for some thread entertainment whilst I worked on the recaps? :D It's boring waiting for clips to save
  • nunaneynunaney Posts: 1,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm too lazy to do reviews but these are my top 5 so far

Portugal
    Serbia
    Montenegro
    Moldova
    Slovakia

But I haven't listened to Denmark yet because the video isn't available in my country and I couldn't find any other version.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nunaney wrote: »
    I'm too lazy to do reviews but these are my top 5 so far

Portugal
    Serbia
    Montenegro
    Moldova
    Slovakia

But I haven't listened to Denmark yet because the video isn't available in my country and I couldn't find any other version.

Do you want me to put Denmark up on my dropbox site for you? I've already downloaded it anyway?
  • nunaneynunaney Posts: 1,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you want me to put Denmark up on my dropbox site for you? I've already downloaded it anyway?

That would be great. Thank you :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nunaney wrote: »
    That would be great. Thank you :)

It's uploading now will take about 7 minutes