• Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    Good stuff but I missed 1 final :)
  • yoshi94yoshi94 Posts: 6,193
    Forum Member
    Are we gonna have a new top 20 shocking moments for the jubilee? :p
  • PooleyPooley Posts: 5,062
    Forum Member
    My busy schedule has finished - now have a month off woop woop so I can actually try and win again haha
  • AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yugi I missed that Göd was not on your side. At least you then redeemed yourself in the next contest :3

Btw we are on 20 sign ups. Hoping to get to at least 25!
    10. poshbloke
    Gary is known to have quite an alternative taste compared to your average player, and the result is flashes of brilliance a bit like solar eclipses, the most recent being in Almaty. After sitting out Vaduz as the proximity of the city was at bursting point, Gary is back for Lisbon. Look upwards and share the wonders he'll bring you.

11. Cuishla
    Cuishla stormed to his second victory earlier this year with Gäa, the less culturally appropriating version of Orome. Little did he know what introducing Oonagh would do to DSFE, not to mention The Irish Stew of Sindidun. Are we about to witness the start of another legacy brought to you by Cuishla.org?

12. dylanpartyon
    Dylan had been waiting for his win when it finally arrived in the form of Ella Eyre! The second half of this year has not been as kind to Dylan, but he remains an UTRP force, eager to cap off his 2014 experience with another first place so he can continue to party on.
    Forum Member
    By the way, love these user reveals!
  • TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks to Carlisle for posting the Vaduz results on the other thread, this now means I can work out who has made CofC, so without further ado the songs from the last contest from the following countries got their name on the list for CofC next month after the 60th contest, you can also see where they came in this contest to the left.

1st - Portugal (Alexos)
    2nd - San Marino (TerryP)
    3rd - Greece (Carlisle156)
    4th - Sweden (avb)
    5th - Turkey (avb)
    6th - Scotland (Cuishla)
    7th - Slovakia (Gwen 404)
    8th - Netherlands (Yugimuto1)
    9th - Spain (phill363)
    11th - Norway (Alexos)
    12th - Israel (MissMidgard)
    13th - Moldova (kvn)
    14th - Denmark (Gwen 404)
    15th - Lithuania (TerryP)
    16th - Svalbard (nunaney)
    18th - Finland (dylanpartyon)
    19th - Slovenia (Pooley)
    20th - Russia (Carlisle156)
    25th - Bosnia & Herz (phill363)
    41st - Belgium (andrewdk)

A number of the above songs have definitely booked their place in CofC by winning a round of the contest, also with just one contest remaining as long as the song is not filling the final place in the countries top 4 it too is definitely in CofC. Also Moldova, Slovenia and Bosnia all made their 2nd final of the year so therefore book the country secures their 4 song quota for CofC.

Over the weekend I will be updating the CofC page.
  • mikabvmikabv Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only two countries left in CofC now. Really shows how bad of a year it's been for me.
  • TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikabv wrote: »
    Only two countries left in CofC now. Really shows how bad of a year it's been for me.

Don't be too down about it, you never know, you might have a great 60th contest, think we are all getting 3 countries again this time (1 own and 2 as a team), if you do well with all 3 you will be up to 5 songs.

Just realised that Bulgaria won their QF, so despite being DQ'd and therefore coming last in the final, that song is also through to CofC.
    Forum Member
    Think I have 6 this year so far - only expect one or two to do well though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    13. Gwen 404
    Gwen is known for being real and raw and if she doesn't like the way you're running the contest then you better shape up. Despite coming second earlier this year, she has waited too long for her third win and would be delighted if it could happen soon pls.

14. mikabv
    Mika is another European mainland starlet who has not had the best 2014. However there is still time for him to rise up and lead us into the Luxembourgish light this year, and if he doesn't we will definitely hear his protests. Will you be converted to the church of Mika? Find out soon...

15. MissMidgard
    After a slow start to her DSFE career, it only took a bit of Alexos hosted magic to keep MissM's appearance in the final at 100% since Sofia. Lisbon will complete her first year in our midst, so can she make a breakthrough to mark her anniversary? Perhaps she will also send the best song in the contest like she did in Vaduz.
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Alexos wrote: »
    Perhaps she will also send the best song in the contest like she did in Vaduz.

:blush::D Thanks for that 12!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

14. mikabv
    Mika is another European mainland starlet who has not had the best 2014. However there is still time for him to rise up and lead us into the Luxembourgish light this year, and if he doesn't we will definitely hear his protests. Will you be converted to the church of Mika? Find out soon...

The church of Mika? Wtf? :D:p
  • Gwen 404Gwen 404 Posts: 3,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ooh my little bio bit is harsh. having that said id like to win now pls :p
  • BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are we getting our countries tonight and if so what time? :) I am at our Christmas Lights switch on tonight so am probably going to have to apologise in advance to my partner for being a bit late :D
    Forum Member
    still stick by really wanting my first choice - if i don't and the song is used i may cry haha
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pooley wrote: »
    still stick by really wanting my first choice - if i don't and the song is used i may cry haha

I only gave 3 country choices and the third was a bit of a stretch lol. So, like you, I am praying that I get my first choice :) Now I would laugh if we wanted the same country and the same song :p
    Forum Member
    we might both get it as a team beth haha - never know
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pooley wrote: »
    we might both get it as a team beth haha - never know

lol yes who knows :) fingers crossed!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did post on the other contest thread, if anyone had ever come across Magalie when looking for France etc. I only asked because I am somewhat dumbfounded that she is performing at our Christmas Lights Switch on today lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay everyone it looks like we won't be getting more than 20 players this time round so that means a slight twist in proceedings, stay tuned. I will start sending out countries and pairs later tonight (probably later rather than earlier), so if you haven't sent your top 5 countries/partners yet, please get them to me asap!
    16. Carlisle156
    After coming second a million times, Carlisle has emerged as a dominant DSFE force, adding two wins to his repertoire this year and making every final. Currently the most requested player for partners, will Carlisle be able to finish 2014 on the same high as 2013?

17. avb
    Known icon avb has been playing since the contest was in its infancy. This year he has claimed third and second with some unpopular countries, but first place has not been on the avb timetable since 2012. Will avb's third win finally come in Lisbon with Vanuatu or Djibouti?

18. AxG
    AxG completes this trilogy of big DS names. Despite beginning the year on a high with the aforementioned Czech song, he has missed out on the last five finals. There was a time when medals were being scattered at AxG's feet, so can he return to those glorious times and show everyone why experience matters?
  • avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    17. avb
    Known icon avb has been playing since the contest was in its infancy. This year he has claimed third and second with some unpopular countries, but first place has not been on the avb timetable since 2012.

First place is for losers. :p Working on my song for Djibouti and looking forward to seeing who is in my DSFE team, I just hope they're better than that terrible Mies was last time... :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did I get requested at all? :p
    Forum Member
    I worked out who I asked for by the points I gave their songs and the points they gave my songs, so that we have the most common taste.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yugimuto1 wrote: »
    I worked out who I asked for by the points I gave their songs and the points they gave my songs, so that we have the most common taste.

I didn't ask for anyone in particular, I want to get a (good!) surprise. :D
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't request anyone either