Options

Raign's treatment is getting uncomfortable

ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
Forum Member
✭✭
Once again the show is portraying her very badly.

Starting with the intro music, once again using Geri Halliwell's "Look at me".
Cheryl giving those looks of disgust and dismissing Raign before she has sung.

When Raign said he wanted to prove herself to someone she had respect for Cheryl purposely twisted the words to imply that Raign did not respect her, and brought Mel B into the conversation as confirmation of her views ie. using group think to tell everyone to hate Raign - which the easily manipulated members of the public will do.

We then had Simon saying she was Marmite and there being general agreement that she is a love/hate figure. Given that they had been telling everyone to hate her for the previous 5 minutes, we know how most viewers will react.

No surprise to see her get abuse on twitter.

Comments

• Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love raign and cheryl is jealous as she has no talent.

also cheryl did the exact same thing to wagner
  • Options
    sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl seriously needs to grow up about her, but it'll probably also have some benefit for Raign, for example Cheryl saying how unlikeable Raign is then Raign being shown dancing in her chair when Stevie's performing and being completely thrilled for him that he got through, a very likeable reaction. I always thought Raign was talented, but now I'm actually warming to her because they're showing her being quite nice, and because Cheryl is being such a spiteful little cow about her.
  • Options
    Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raign brings it upon herself...the way she acts...the way she acts like she is so entitled to everything with her long speeches rumbling on, she thinks shes the best, saying Simon is the only important person in the judging panel (although it's kinda true now)....if she doesn't do those things, maybe it wouldn't be so easy to edit her that way...
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    I dont think its unwarranted though, she acted like a total diva, gave a slap in the face to three of the four people judging her, and thinks she is much more talented than she is. She deserves everything she is getting.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm kind of rooting for Raign. At least she's interesting. She's worth keeping just to wind Cheryl up.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think its unwarranted though, she acted like a total diva, gave a slap in the face to three of the four people judging her, and thinks she is much more talented than she is. She deserves everything she is getting.

She never said she didn't respect Cheryl.....and Louis likes her :)
  • Options
    Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry. She's not a good enough singer to make the lives and not irritating enough to be put through anyway for drama's sake, so you won't have to suffer much longer.
  • Options
    sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Must admit, that did make me question my judgement ;):p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raign brings it upon herself...the way she acts...the way she acts like she is so entitled to everything with her long speeches rumbling on, she thinks shes the best, saying Simon is the only important person in the judging panel (although it's kinda true now)....if she doesn't do those things, maybe it wouldn't be so easy to edit her that way...

Yet other acts get like an hour to cry and tell there sob story? Cheryl took a instant dislike for no reason which just proves how unproffessional she is
  • Options
    Forum Member

Its not about whether she said she didnt respect the other 3. It's the blatant disrespect she showed towards Mel, Louis and Cheryl in her first audition that has got her the hate it has. Deservedly so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not about whether she said she didnt respect the other 3. It's the blatant disrespect she showed towards Mel, Louis and Cheryl in her first audition that has got her the hate it has. Deservedly so.

Well what can the others offer? Id go there hoping to impress someone who can give me a contract with a snap of his fingers
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    She's original though and very eager, someone you could work with I think
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet other acts get like an hour to cry and tell there sob story? Cheryl took a instant dislike for no reason which just proves how unproffessional she is

I think Cheryl has a reason...i admit it's a childish reason, but her reason to dislike is was exactly what happened in the first audition...When Simon and Cheryl was yet to vote, Simon said no and then Raign basically said he's the most important completely dismissing whatever her opinion of her was...i think that's a reason to not like something...Raign acted like she wasn't even there...and since when do sob stories = bad attitude or unlikability or anything really...and which contestant has a sob story....JAKE????.....that is the only person i can think has a sob story...and if that is who you're suggesting... i don't know how anyone can speak badly about someone as nice as Jake...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well what can the others offer? Id go there hoping to impress someone who can give me a contract with a snap of his fingers

Of course. But you do realise attitude and likeability are big factors in getting recording contracts, yes? So, when someone walks into a room, disregards three people - whether you like it or not have been/are big parts of the music industry - you're immediately removing the likeability factor and you're going to alienate yourself completely from a chance at getting votes and winning - which is the real reason she auditioned.
  • Options
    rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    I'm really not comfortable with the way she's being demonised. Editing is something which is very easy to do and I'm minded to remember the way Rhydian was portrayed as arrogant and aloof when the truth is he isn't at all!!

Even her rambling on could easily have been edited to take out the fact she was replying to questions. I prefer to judge her on her ability and I don't think she's been given much opportunity as yet to show what she can do. We will see, she may not be good enough but I'm keeping an open mind, especially given her footage. It must be horrible being 'public enemy No 1' when all you've done is enter a competition like everyone else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rattie wrote: »
    I'm really not comfortable with the way she's being demonised. Editing is something which is very easy to do and I'm minded to remember the way Rhydian was portrayed as arrogant and aloof when the truth is he isn't at all!!

Even her rambling on could easily have been edited to take out the fact she was replying to questions. I prefer to judge her on her ability and I don't think she's been given much opportunity as yet to show what she can do. We will see, she may not be good enough but I'm keeping an open mind, especially given her footage. It must be horrible being 'public enemy No 1' when all you've done is enter a competition like everyone else.

People always blame editing, but you cannot edit people to SAY things they say. Her whole "I never opened my mouth to sing before I was 25 years old...I had a singing awakening"...ive never heard so much shit before. You cannot edit her own friends telling her to shut up. She IS arrogant, clearly. She was rambling on. I was at the recording of the 6 chair challenge, and she was MUCH worse than what she was made out to be on the show tonight, MUCH worse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course. But you do realise attitude and likeability are big factors in getting recording contracts, yes? So, when someone walks into a room, disregards three people - whether you like it or not have been/are big parts of the music industry - you're immediately removing the likeability factor and you're going to alienate yourself completely from a chance at getting votes and winning - which is the real reason she auditioned.

isnt thats how cheryl spent her career?
  • Options
    Forum Member

In the land of the digital spy forums, Cheryl is this horrible woman that is very unlikeable and nobody likes. In the real world, Cheryl is very popular, loved my media, mums, dads, grandparents, teenagers and children. So, nope. Outside the forum, her career has been as good as it has been because of her likeability and spark.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In the case of Syco likeability is never as issue as they create the image the public sees.

James Arthur is very much a case in point and was nothing like the image they portrayed throughout the series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cheryl spent her career disrespecting people???...Give me a list of people she disrespected....
  • Options
    rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    People always blame editing, but you cannot edit people to SAY things they say. Her whole "I never opened my mouth to sing before I was 25 years old...I had a singing awakening"...ive never heard so much shit before. You cannot edit her own friends telling her to shut up. She IS arrogant, clearly. She was rambling on. I was at the recording of the 6 chair challenge, and she was MUCH worse than what she was made out to be on the show tonight, MUCH worse.

True, but I also know contestants are told to say things by the production team that they wouldn't naturally say, to give them an image. You may be right, all I'm saying is I don't like what I see and I'm not convinced she's the person we are being led to believe. Time will tell no doubt.

Some people are seen as arrogant when in fact it's confidence or it's bravado to hide insecurity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In the case of Syco likeability is never as issue as they create the image the public sees.

James Arthur is very much a case in point and was nothing like the image they portrayed throughout the series.

But just how unlikeable is he if he managed to win? He may be unlikeable now - hence his career going to shit - but on the show, he wasn't that bad.
    rattie wrote: »
    True, but I also know contestants are told to say things by the production team that they wouldn't naturally say, to give them an image. You may be right, all I'm saying is I don't like what I see and I'm not convinced she's the person we are being led to believe. Time will tell no doubt.

Some people are seen as arrogant when in fact it's confidence or it's bravado to hide insecurity.

Regarding your first paragraph, some of the things she was saying at the 6 chair challenge that didn't make tonights show, wouldn't of helped her at all. If anything, the editing of tonights show, gave her a massive help. Massive.

Regarding your second...I get that people deal with things differently, but I can't help but feel a little insulted. As an very insecure, self-conscious person myself I struggle to understand how someone can stand on that stage, proclaim themselves to be a star, prance about the stage and show complete disrespect to judges and for it all to be down to them being shy and insecure on the inside? Make NO sense to me at all!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl spent her career disrespecting people???...Give me a list of people she disrespected....

She has always thought she was better then anyone else
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The only person who has acted like a diva has been Cheryl, and although I realise this is only due to her following her script, it is just plain nasty. Any decent person would have refused to say things like "What do you want? A vodka and tonic!" Or, to Mel B "See I was telling you before she has no respect for us."

Cheryl is reinforcing a view that she has created.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the land of the digital spy forums, Cheryl is this horrible woman that is very unlikeable and nobody likes. In the real world, Cheryl is very popular, loved my media, mums, dads, grandparents, teenagers and children. So, nope. Outside the forum, her career has been as good as it has been because of her likeability and spark.

For her too get the no1 she need loads of publicity. She is very nasty to contestant on the x factor