Options

Have they forgot it's Strictly's 10th year?

Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
Forum Member
Strictly started in 2004 which means that it's been on 10 years this year and that's a huge achievement.

But no one seems to have mentioned it and surely the BBC could've made a big deal out of the shows 10th anniversary.

Comments

• Options
    scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had no idea
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't they mention it being the 10th series last year a lot? The 2 series in the first year confuses matters a bit.
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I did know. I would really like to see some of the first series and compare it with what we have now. The celebrities were on a much level playing field. These days some of them come on the show obviously being able to dance whereas before they all progressed week on week. Except for Chris Parker of course. Who could forget his paso double.
  • Options
    dippydancingdippydancing Posts: 9,428
    Forum Member
    It's a little late- we're into series 12.
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    It is their tenth year so I'm surprised they didn't mention anything about it.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    hansue wrote: »
    Yes I did know. I would really like to see some of the first series and compare it with what we have now. The celebrities were on a much level playing field. These days some of them come on the show obviously being able to dance whereas before they all progressed week on week. Except for Chris Parker of course. Who could forget his paso double.

The issue of Ringerdom has existed since Series 1 Show 1.

Let's not forget Claire Sweeney was a musical theatre actress going into the show...