Options

Things Which Instantly Lower Your Opinion of Someone

Comments

• Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Women wearing giant hoop earrings or with a tramp stamp.

Anyone with a Staffordshire bull terrier or that type of dog.

Anyone littering. They ought to be exterminated by Daleks, instantly.

Anyone who doesn't like animals or who likes bullfighting, hunting etc.

Homohaters. I cut them out of my life completely and wouldn't even acknowledge them.
  • Options
    inspector drakeinspector drake Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who litter.

People who spit chewing gum onto the street.

People who say anyone with concerns about immigration is racist.

People who share ''Britain First'' posts on Facebook, etc.

People who mock those who don't wear branded clothing.

Snobs of any form.

People who judge others on their accent.

People who think bad grades = unintelligent (and vice versa)

Parents who scream/shout at their kids in public. Not gonna comment on other people's parenting but FFS keep it at home.

People who dismiss certain forms of music, some go so far as to say it's musicians do not need talent.
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anti-vaxxers, or anyone who peddles pseudoscience to vulnerable people.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    Finding out that they vote UKIP, people that oppose vaccinations, people with children in private education and people who vote Conservative.
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Women wearing giant hoop earrings or with a tramp stamp.

Anyone with a Staffordshire bull terrier or that type of dog.

Anyone littering. They ought to be exterminated by Daleks, instantly.

Anyone who doesn't like animals or who likes bullfighting, hunting etc.

Homohaters. I cut them out of my life completely and wouldn't even acknowledge them.

Ha! You wouldn't think much of me then! :D

For me, it's things like:

People who are arrogant

People who are smug

People who are very loud and who like to be the centre of attention

People who speak to their children like they're crap

People who have little regard for animals
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Im normally live and let live but I apologise for this one... BMW owners. Don't ask me why
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    Ha! You wouldn't think much of me then! :D

For me, it's things like:

People who are arrogant

People who are smug

People who are very loud and who like to be the centre of attention

People who speak to their children like they're crap

People who have little regard for animals

Nothing personal, Miss XYZ - and I realise it's a stupid thing to assume, I'm not saying I'm right. But where I live, it seems to be yobbo men using this type of dog as a threat.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Belief in Young Earth Creationism.
  • Options
    JaggySplintersJaggySplinters Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Centaurion wrote: »
    Tattoos and piercings, by and large the more they have the more wary one should be of their intellectual capacity and moral compass.

Utter twaddle!
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    doe_a_deer wrote: »
    What things (hobbies, beliefs, traits etc) instantly lower your opinion of someone? The following spring to mind for me:

1. Manchester United 'supporter.'

2. Smoker.

3. Reader of The Sun newspaper.

4. Someone who likes rugby union.

the fact you listed those adds you to your op for me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    the fact you listed those adds you to your op for me

Are you a smoking, Sun reading, rugby union and Man U supporter? :p
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you a smoking, Sun reading, rugby union and Man U supporter? :p

aside from the sun reading, I'm the rest lol. why would you judge someone by the football team they support or if they smoke???

also rugby union is awesome!
  • Options
    Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypocrites. Judging from some of the posts in this forum alone, covers several FMs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    aside from the sun reading, I'm the rest lol. why would you judge someone by the football team they support or if they smoke???

also rugby union is awesome!

I don't know, but all these opinions shouldn't be taken personally, I reckon.

It doesn't mean that first impressions are always right, just that we were asked what they are.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seeing someone's backside or underpants above the waist of their trousers. Just no. Buy some clothes that fit for goodness sake. Men and women are equally guilty of this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here, let the immigration thing go a minute, missus, this is much more pressing: those Crocs? Are they comfy? Do your feet not slide about all sweaty in them?

I will have to google Mary Janes.

And yes, matching shoes - always recommended. Unless you want to distract people from the Lycra clad crutch. :o:D

:D ha ha. Crocs are very comfortable, yes, and surprisingly un-sweaty. I have a pair of quite posh hiking sandals, and they really are disgustingly sweaty and malodorous. I have to wash them and spray them with febreze after every hike. And I really don't suffer from sweaty feet on the whole.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People in public in their pajamas. It only takes a couple of minutes to get dressed.

Parents who have a school-aged child walking around with a pacifier in their mouth.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    People who constantly brag about how drunk they got or how much sex they've had.

Tattoos of childrens names on arms/legs/wrists or fingers.

Men with neckbeards.

Obese people who don't dress well to suit their shape for e.g. wearing leggings with their gut hanging out.

Also this thread reminds me of the time I was in high school and a girl in my class started ranting about the wonders of the BNP and told us to vote for them. Apparently her and her mum would go on protests together, and hand out leaflets to the public. Anyway my maths teacher (elderly fairly sweet lady) got all ranty too agreeing that a vote for the BNP was the way forward. I will admit at that time I didn't know who the BNP were so I asked my mum about it when I went home. I was shocked, idk why but I didn't expect my teacher to say those sorta things.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    People in public in their pajamas. It only takes a couple of minutes to get dressed.

Parents who have a school-aged child walking around with a pacifier in their mouth.
    There was a photo of Meg Mathews (used to be married to one of the Oasis blokes) in the paper today, supposedly wearing pyjamas, when in fact she was wearing some very expensive designer floral trousers and a fluffy coat, not PJ bottoms and a dressing gown. I doubt if she was happy to labelled as a pyjama wearing scruffpot.
  • Options
    lustyrustylustyrusty Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    It drives me crazy when people refer to themselves as 'fashionista' especially when they look like the leftovers from a rummage sale.

And the people who wont leave the house without a full face of make up but this might just be because a girl I know gets up at 4 to do her makeup and hair (she starts work at 9) and she actually hires a professional to do her makeup if she's heading to the local pub on a Saturday night!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a photo of Meg Mathews (used to be married to one of the Oasis blokes) in the paper today, supposedly wearing pyjamas, when in fact she was wearing some very expensive designer floral trousers and a fluffy coat, not PJ bottoms and a dressing gown. I doubt if she was happy to labelled as a pyjama wearing scruffpot.

Haha, did she have slippers to complete the ensemble? I saw a lady at the ATM once in her pj's and robe. I'm pretty sure they weren't designer threads.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haha, did she have slippers to complete the ensemble? I saw a lady at the ATM once in her pj's and robe. I'm pretty sure they weren't designer threads.
    No, she had proper shoes on. It was in the Daily Mail and they were being all sanctimonious about how scruffy she looked, out walking the dog in her pyjamas. If they'd done a tiny bit of research, the journalist would have realised she was actually clad in designer threads, and not nightwear.

I have seen someone out shopping in a onesie and slipper boots though, and I'm sure she'd just rolled out of bed. She bought 20 silk cut and half a bottle of vodka.
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D ha ha. Crocs are very comfortable, yes, and surprisingly un-sweaty. I have a pair of quite posh hiking sandals, and they really are disgustingly sweaty and malodorous. I have to wash them and spray them with febreze after every hike. And I really don't suffer from sweaty feet on the whole.

Thanks. They're a thing that I just don't know about. On the one hand anyone I know who has a pair raves about them but on the other they are plastic shoes. Shant rule them out just yet.
    lustyrusty wrote: »
    It drives me crazy when people refer to themselves as 'fashionista' especially when they look like the leftovers from a rummage sale.

And the people who wont leave the house without a full face of make up but this might just be because a girl I know gets up at 4 to do her makeup and hair (she starts work at 9) and she actually hires a professional to do her makeup if she's heading to the local pub on a Saturday night!

You are kidding?! :o You must be. 4am?? Just how ugly is she?
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reading this thread title and seeing how many replies it had already received, made me wonder why it seems negative topics are so popular?.

What instantly lowers my opinion of someone? I suppose it'd be things that would be noticed very quickly, like maybe very loud people, those who do nothing but gossip about other people and are obsessed with one upmanship. People who regularly use extremely strong language.

People who aren't at all open minded, in that they may be very judgemental of me, although maybe there's an element of hypocricy in saying that (presuming they'd be judgemental of me), I do try and see things from other peoples point of view. Sometimes people say things in passing, make fleeting comments which don't sit too well with me, trivialising things somewhat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lustyrusty wrote: »

Aw she must have incredibly low self-esteem. Does she have acne scarring or something that she's self-concious about?