Absolutely BRILLIANT comment on Daily Mail

2»

Comments

• Options
    DevonDevon Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tewingirl wrote: »

The media, etc in this country are so used to influencing opinion that they are genuinely shocked when the total opposite to what they expect happens.

but we don't have to accept the bull they feed us ... it's our prerogative to think outside the box :D
  • Options
    Ms Ann ThropeMs Ann Thrope Posts: 7,213
    Forum Member
    The way I see it is this. They are making a programme of which a large element is the public vote, and they make money from this. Probably not as much as they did in the old days, but still not worth sneezing at.

Of course they will go into the forums to see which way the wind is blowing, but what if they just went along with it and told the story according to popular opinion? It would be boring and predictable, wouldn't it?

So they spin a different line. It gets people talking and worked up about it. 'How very dare they, they know nothing about the real public opinion, we don't like x housemate, I'm going to vote to make sure they stay in.'

Obvious, innit? What better way could they stir up controversy and buzz about the show than by stringing the viewers up with a deliberately misleading POV that leads to 'shock' evictions?
  • Options
    TewingirlTewingirl Posts: 2,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starry wrote: »
    I don't read The Daily Scum.

Hey, I'm the OP and I hate the Daily Heil with a passion, i.e. its extreme right wing politics and sneering at the poor and ethnic minorities. Plus its standard of writing is ludicrously bad. ... but I do read it for the gossip because for all it many and dreadful faults, the layout of its webpage is the best IMO. Plus it's the only website that reports clearly about CBB.

I was praising the "comment" by Paul from Norwich NOT the Daily Heil!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way I see it is this. They are making a programme of which a large element is the public vote, and they make money from this. Probably not as much as they did in the old days, but still not worth sneezing at.

Of course they will go into the forums to see which way the wind is blowing, but what if they just went along with it and told the story according to popular opinion? It would be boring and predictable, wouldn't it?

So they spin a different line. It gets people talking and worked up about it. 'How very dare they, they know nothing about the real public opinion, we don't like x housemate, I'm going to vote to make sure they stay in.'

Obvious, innit? What better way could they stir up controversy and buzz about the show than by stringing the viewers up with a deliberately misleading POV that leads to 'shock' evictions?

Interesting theory.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love that this comment has got loads of green arrows. :D
    Romeo is so charming. Would love to see him win.
    - June22, London, 21/1/2012 2:53
  • Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2089691/Celebrity-Big-Brother-2012-Natalie-Cassidy-voted-double-eviction.html

This just sums it up in a nutshell.

Why is there such a disconnect between what the majority REALLY thinks and what we are fed by those in power on TV. It reminds me of when journalists on tabloids AND broadsheets keep banging on about how loved Biffa Tweedy is and how she is the nation's sweetheart, when the reality couldn't further from the truth.

The media, etc in this country are so used to influencing opinion that they are genuinely shocked when the total opposite to what they expect happens.

I think Paul from Norwich is getting a little carried away. The forum did call Aaron right last year but Jay was largely hated on here and he came second. Last CBB there was an air of bemusement on the forum that Paddy won, Kerry came second and she wasn't liked either.

As far as the media influencing opinion goes, I was under the impression that the media mostly ignore BB now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Paul from Norwich is getting a little carried away. The forum did call Aaron right last year but Jay was largely hated on here and he came second. Last CBB there was an air of bemusement on the forum that Paddy won, Kerry came second and she wasn't liked either.

As far as the media influencing opinion goes, I was under the impression that the media mostly ignore BB now.

Not sure about that - the CBB stories are usually given high profile on the Mail, Sun, but the normal BB doesn't probably because the people in it are so boring/dreadful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2089691/Celebrity-Big-Brother-2012-Natalie-Cassidy-voted-double-eviction.html

This just sums it up in a nutshell.

Why is there such a disconnect between what the majority REALLY thinks and what we are fed by those in power on TV. It reminds me of when journalists on tabloids AND broadsheets keep banging on about how loved Biffa Tweedy is and how she is the nation's sweetheart, when the reality couldn't further from the truth.

It happens in every reality show, the worse dancer on strictly often stays for weeks........It's what fan base that person has and who they are against, poor Kirk never thought about Frankie taking his votes, Natalie never had a real fan base before entering...........Then we have Hugh Hefner pulling in a few favours....Anything can happen in the final IMO