What is your all-time favourite Corrie episode/scene?

2»

Comments

• Moll FlandersMoll Flanders Posts: 1,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any scene with John Stape in it. He was a Corrie character for a comparatively short period of time, but so brilliant as the hapless murderer! "I killed your son and buried him under the knicker factory" (or words to that effect)! Sheer genius.

Les and Cilla upstais in the Jacuzzi, with Schimeichel the Great Dane leaping into it and them all smashing through the lounge ceiling!

Blanche's friend, another old biddy, can't remember her name, devoloping a crush on Ken and telling him that he had a beautiful head of hair, "just like a Persian cat"! For some reason, that's always stuck with me!

When Rosie and her boyfriend Craig went to get their tongues pierced; she bottled out, but he went through with it - by teatime his tongue had all swollen up and he was sitting at the tea-table desperately trying to hide it from his parents!!!

Oh, and congrats not just to the actors but to the story-liners and writers (and everyone else behind the scenes) responsible for them.
  • CriticFanCriticFan Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the scene where david was throwing nuts at Gail and she was swinging her head like she'd just been hit by a baseball bat.

I loved the AA meeting also. Loved blanche.

When kyle is on top form she's one of my favourite characters.
  • owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By far the funniest scene ever was Reg Holdsworth and Maureen and the water bed that was leaking. Comedy gold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idJWPdnnyMo
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh John Stape/Mr Chip was fantastic :D when he kidnap Rosie and gave her a test :D:D
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard Hillman driving into the canal was brilliant

Free the Weatherfield One was iconic

Sally's abuse at the hands of Greg Kelly is underrated
  • NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,193
    Forum Member
    All the oldies getting high on hash cakes in the cafe :D

The Golden Jubilee episode.

When Norris soaked the Battersby's with his hose.

When Kevin's girlfriend Alison committed suicide by running under a lorry. (still haunts me that one)

Richard Hillman clobbering Emily over the head with a crowbar, then killing Maxine. Brilliant piece of television!

Steve being beat to an inch of his life by Jez Quigley's cronies, then Jim goes and kills him so he does.

Don Brennan kidnapping Alma and driving the taxi into a canal.

Bet Lynch's final episode.

Alec Gilroy comes home earlier than expected when he was going out with Rita then goes into her bed and snuggles up, only to find it's Betty :D
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all so much for your replies! :) Mr Kivi has just told me his favourites are Gail and Audrey getting lost on their jog, Tracey doing her wee dance infront of Charlie Stubbs before whacking him one, and the morning after the night before with Deidre and Dev *bokes*
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    So many memories to choose from but I think these are some of my favourites too........

MrWoodySir wrote: »
    :D

My genuine favourite ever scene though was almas death. It was fantastic yet sad at the same time. Loved Alma. :(

...Almas death was so heartbreaking, I can still remember Audrey being emotional :(
    Jacks death was my favourite episode. Faultless acting and beautifully written.

...Jacks death was so well done and having Vera back to collect him was inspired

I also remember a scene between Hilda and Stan, it was when she kissed him and he (Stan) asked "what's that funny taste" to which Hilda replies "Woman Stan, woman" :D
  • ThamwetThamwet Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kylie giving birth was funny, but I think that Blanche at the AA meeting has to be the best. That was priceless.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    debonair wrote: »
    Fred Elliott on his political campaign yelling "HELLO, LITTLE BABY" at a bewildered infant.

Oh my god, I just watched him do that! I'm working my way through the 98 episodes and I just cracked up seeing that! Audrey's just been called a 'scraggy old tart' :D

I also burst out laughing at Jack when he pretended to be Lusty Jack after being 'hypnotized' when he was told to give up the ****!
  • casperfan2002@ycasperfan2002@y Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another vote for Blanche at the AA meeting-pure genius and sums up everything great about Corrie-god i miss her!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Ashley and Maxines wedding day and julie's death. Heartwrenching to have the two contrasting emotions of joy and sorrow in one ep.
  • rollockingbatrollockingbat Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mad Maya's final, thoroughly entertaining from start to end :D

Special mention to Jack in drag as Ida Fagg. Bill Tarmey was the perfect lady :p and also the episode where the quiz that the "McDonald-Barlow family" appeared on was airing on TV and Steve was running around trying to stop Karen from finding out about it. Daft but brilliantly performed. All circa-2004. Good times. :cry:
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Violet announced to the Rovers that Jamie and Frankie were seeing each other. Lmao
    When Leanne was a prossie and found out that Paul Connor was one of her clients :D
    And when Maria slaps Carla at her wedding to Liam
  • maggiekmaggiek Posts: 2,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owl61uk wrote: »
    By far the funniest scene ever was Reg Holdsworth and Maureen and the water bed that was leaking. Comedy gold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idJWPdnnyMo

How had I forgotten that one? Hilarious. Maureen's mother was a big howl, too.

Of course, Jack's death.

Vera explaining her blood connection to Prince Charles.

Bet & Rita's falling out over the Rovers business deal.

Gail getting the heave-ho last year from what's-him-name (cannot remember)!
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jim robbing the bank, so funny him walking in and demanding £125k then the woman asking what kind of notes he wanted :D

Blanches little comments, all of them great

John kidnapping Rosie and giving her a test on Colin's death, her failing and he said something like "come on Rosie we have another murders to get through"

Gail/Eileen fight and also in the months after I remember them buying each other drinks in the Rovers whilst sitting together bitching at each other

Les and Cillas wedding, her hair looking like 666

Lewis's goodbye video to Gail
  • peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    Oh I love this thread! I agree with all these posts, Corrie was so brilliant, the best soap ever.
    I miss so many people - Alec, Fred, Bet, Betty, and of course Blanche. One of the most moving deaths I remember was Ken's wife Valerie, electrocuted.
  • Sisney_HunterSisney_Hunter Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Vince St. Clair/Jack Duckworth getting caught out by Vera :) One of my fave Rovers scenes.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deidre playing the harmonica in the Rovers, which I'm still not sure actually happened or if I dreamed it.
    Jack's goodbye.
    Roy and Hayley's wedding.
    When Jack and Vera had to hand over Tommy because Terry had sold him. Jack was fantastic in that scene. Here's the episode. Go to about 14 minutes in for some great stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTZ7ie5GvcA
    Rosie in that pink top.
    Loads of John Stape ones. I loved pretty much all of his 'accidental serial killer' plot (up until his daft escape). The scene where he was trying to educate Rosie was brilliant ('we've got two more murders to get through yet!')
  • garthwest89garthwest89 Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    I remember Blanche demonstrating to Deirdre about being held hostage by using a banana.
    Deirdres response 'mother it's a banana' has stuck in my head since tho I don't remember the story!
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    So many memories to choose from but I think these are some of my favourites too........

...Almas death was so heartbreaking, I can still remember Audrey being emotional :(

...Jacks death was so well done and having Vera back to collect him was inspired

I also remember a scene between Hilda and Stan, it was when she kissed him and he (Stan) asked "what's that funny taste" to which Hilda replies "Woman Stan, woman" :D
    That was what I popped in to post. I loved it and Blanche at the AA meeting :)
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    Whoever was responsible for Blanche at the AA meeting should've been promoted or something because that was genius! Not only the idea of it but the dialogue was perfect. I just watched it on Youtube and burst out laughing all over again.
  • lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Deidre playing the harmonica in the Rovers, which I'm still not sure actually happened or if I dreamed it.
    Jack's goodbye.
    Roy and Hayley's wedding.
    When Jack and Vera had to hand over Tommy because Terry had sold him. Jack was fantastic in that scene. Here's the episode. Go to about 14 minutes in for some great stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTZ7ie5GvcA
    Rosie in that pink top.
    Loads of John Stape ones. I loved pretty much all of his 'accidental serial killer' plot (up until his daft escape). The scene where he was trying to educate Rosie was brilliant ('we've got two more murders to get through yet!')

That did actually happen! :D I remember it from all those years ago, and the episode is on the 2000's DVD boxset :)
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    debonair wrote: »
    Fred Elliott on his political campaign yelling "HELLO, LITTLE BABY" at a bewildered infant.

Another was Fred shouting at Toyah Battersby.

Oy, Toyota. Come here.
  • GrolsGrols Posts: 297,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything with Blanche :D

I loved the fact that the one O'clock club was at twelve O'clock lol :D:D:D