Some utterly disgraceful song choices for Movie Week

PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
Forum Member
Andrea Faustini getting "Listen" is a real sickener. So lazy and so predictable. Pathetic.

Try a Little Tenderness as well. Shameful.

Lady Marmalade? Words fail me.

Comments

• MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the judges rip some of them apart tomorrow night, particularly Lola.
    She's doing her third consecutive ballad on the show which is really lazy.
  • Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »

*coughs*...Andrea???...not only doing another ballad, but another big song that been done so many times. ..I think that's lazier...
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *coughs*...Andrea???...not only doing another ballad, but another big song that been done so many times. ..I think that's lazier...

Oh I'm in agreement about Andrea too, but at least he was somewhat harshly criticised last week.
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Imagine the horror if real-life singers did that; found a sound or style of song that worked for them and continued to sing the same kinds of songs all the time :p

I find Lola a bit dull though so I also agree with you a bit.
  • E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Oh I'm in agreement about Andrea too, but at least he was somewhat harshly criticised last week.

The mistake at the start of the song wasn't mentioned at all. ...just the face pulling! !! What a poor reason to criticise someone's performance, just to get a reaction from the crowd. ...and it worked to! ! As I have read today, 'don't change your features Andrea' u were born that way' !!!!

See what crap Simon comes out with tomorrow! !! Maybe criticise the bread next! !!
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Concerned about Lauren. Edina Menzel has such a strong voice. I'm wondering if Lauren will hit those notes
  • Spanner82Spanner82 Posts: 1,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DamienS wrote: »
    Concerned about Lauren. Edina Menzel has such a strong voice. I'm wondering if Lauren will hit those notes

I'm expecting the arraingment to be completely changed for her, just like the last 2 weeks
  • JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear, Oh dear. What a load of crap. Andrea with yet another over usedballard. It comes up every year. Wonder how Paul's version of the Comitments song will compare, cos Andrea was brilliant. This show is getting more dire every year and it's not as if they haven't good singers.
    I think the budget has been cut as ballards are easier to stage. There are less singers now so that's a poor excuse if so. And as for Sterio Kicks Beatles very, very overused, most boring IMO songs in their song book. Don't wanna miss a thing, great for Bens voice but really done to death. Sky fall was done last year by another great singer who was sabotaged last year and that young girl who did another Bond theme.
  • plankwalkerplankwalker Posts: 6,702
    Forum Member
    Andrea Faustini getting "Listen" is a real sickener. So lazy and so predictable. Pathetic.

Try a Little Tenderness as well. Shameful.

Lady Marmalade? Words fail me.

Yes Lady Marmalade?? :confused:

Should do this one. Skyfall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbgGQLJ333Q
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    If Andrea had to have another diva ballad, why couldn't he have had I Am Changiny by J-Hud from Dreamgirls? Far more powerful than the dirgey Listen- and far less omnipresent!
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DamienS wrote: »

Going by everything i have seen it seems like she is going the Demi Lovato version of the song....I could be wrong though!
  • Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disappointed with Fleur singing Lady Marmalade. I was kinda hoping she would sing Check On It from Pink Panther.

I also agree with Listen being a predictable and disappointing choice for Andrea, he is never going to give us the goose pimples Alexandra Burke did.
  • EiraEira Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going by everything i have seen it seems like she is going the Demi Lovato version of the song....I could be wrong though!

Yea, I heard she's doing the Demi Lovato cheesy pop version which is much more suited to the X-Factor feel and what Cheryl is going for with her. Besides, judging on her performance last week when she shouted a couple of the big notes rather than singing them there's no way she could manage the Idina Menzel version. I kind of wish they'd have given the Idina Menzel version to Andrea.
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm probably most disappointed with Andrea's song choice, it's like they are going through the motions with him and he is getting one predictable diva song after another. It happened with Jahmene and Sam. He needs to get something we don't expect or I don't think he'll remain as popular as he is just now.
  • satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    So many great great movie songs - but the same old tosh year after year. Use some imagination X-Factor Producers!

I know its been done before, but Irene Cara's 'Out Here On My Own' would suit Andreas.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=satellite;75341810]So many great great movie songs - but the same old tosh year after year. Use some imagination X-Factor Producers!

I know its been done before, but Irene Cara's 'Out Here On My Own' would suit Andreas.[/QUOTE]

BIB - Couldn't agree more. The same dull old dross churned out year after year but then did we expect any different? 1000's of songs from the 80's to choose from last week and they end up picking predictable borefests and songs that weren't even from the decade. Why would they ever consider some decent and unpredictable songs when they can just bore us rigid year after year?
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben has the worst with Aerosmith - I Don't Want to Miss a Thing which has to be the most boring song on the planet!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben has the worst with Aerosmith - I Don't Want to Miss a Thing which has to be the most boring song on the planet!

Agree. Awful song choice. He should have done Across 110th Street but Cowell wouldn't actually chose a decent song foe once would he.

Can't you imagine Ben doing this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOg_8hCC4u4
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    just as bad as last weeks choices!

some really bizarre production this year. its as if they are willing people to switch off !
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do the producers or whoever picks the songs only ever listen to thing like "Now That's What I Call Movie Songs"?

For once a bit of variety instead of the same tired old clichéd crap would be nice.
  • bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sound like another week of dull, lazy choices. You'd have thought they'd have learned after the reception last week's choices received (if this board's live thread is anything to go by).
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Croctacus wrote: »
    Do the producers or whoever picks the songs only ever listen to thing like "Now That's What I Call Movie Songs"?

For once a bit of variety instead of the same tired old clichéd crap would be nice.

Completely agree with this. i understand they're limited in what they have the rights to but its so lazy.
    So many good male songs Andrea could have got instead of Listen FGS :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »

You could be on to something there. I reckon they have a collection of compilations and those are the only songs they're aware of from each genre
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I don't even really like Aerosmith singing I Don't Want to a Miss a Thing tbh.
  • CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boring Boring Boring show - not acceptable when you look at all the songs available for them to cover.