Driving in UK

howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
Forum Member
Travelling up the A34 doing 65-70 ...I was the slower on the rd, one driver in transit type vehicle got right up my rear as i was overtaking a slower vehicle, I pulled over and this driver hammered up behind another inches away...why???...I'm not suprised there are so many crashes, so many cars doing 90 +
Coming home from dorset it was nose to tale for long periods, soo much traffic. 3.5 hours to get back to Oxford when normally it's 2.5 hours at worse.
Thank goodness i don't need my car for work.
as I get older the more I dislike driving,

Comments

• Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    howardl wrote: »
    ,,...I was the slower on the rd, ,,,

What does that mean?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Far too many idiot's on the road, once they pass the test they don't care how they drive.
  • howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    Richard46 wrote: »
    What does that mean?
    Sorry, let me explain.. I was one of the slower drivers on the rd, I overtook a few lorries and caravans, and the odd car doing 50-60.
    Forum Member
    Sorry, let me explain.. I was one of the slower drivers on the rd, I overtook a few lorries and caravans, and the odd car doing 50-60.

So by rd you mean a road?
    Forum Member
    So by rd you mean a road?
    Errm....yeah!.... :confused:
  • supertalksupertalk Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I drove for the first time in months yesterday, it quickly reminded me why I dislike driving. Tail gaters, speeders, lane hoppers, and slow movement on motorways. I don't miss driving in the slightest.
  • deev1ne0nedeev1ne0ne Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I swear that anyone who gets to be such a total Mary about driving needs to surrender their license.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Errm....yeah!.... :confused:

This is a forum not a text.
    Forum Member
    deev1ne0ne wrote: »
    I swear that anyone who gets to be such a total Mary about driving needs to surrender their license.

If they find it such a pain why not? Assuming their livelyhood does not depend on it.
    Not driving solves all these problems at a stroke.
    Forum Member
    shackfan wrote: »

Quite. :)
    Forum Member
    shackfan wrote: »
    Simple thing to do then is don't read this thread M8!!!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    deev1ne0ne wrote: »

What ever that means:confused:....Just highlighting how our standards have dropped and I don't enjoy driving like I used to and not surprised of the amount of accidents there are!
    Forum Member
    Quite. :)
    I Don't give one, I'm not one of your students...jeez ,plz b nice 2 me
    Forum Member

You drive and complain about other traffic. You start threads and suggest others don't read them.

Easy solution for you. Don't drive and don't start threads. :D
  • Rhythm StickRhythm Stick Posts: 1,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Simpler thing for you to do, is abide by the posting tips. They are right there in red.

As with all of these threads, cool story bro.

However with someone too lazy to type mate and road, I bet one person's standards of driving re poor indeed.
  • FIN-MANFIN-MAN Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if you all would put the steering wheel on the correct side and stop driving on the wrong side of the road it would make driving much more enjoyable.

.:p.
  • Waj_100Waj_100 Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FIN-MAN wrote: »
    Well if you all would put the steering wheel on the correct side and stop driving on the wrong side of the road it would make driving much more enjoyable.

.:p.

I picked my two grandchildren, who live in Sweden, up from the airport last friday....when I drove out of the car park my grandson said "grandad, you are on the wrong side of the road" :D
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    Tell me if i'm in the right or wrong here someone

I'm on the left lane of a 2 lane approach into to a medium sized roundabout which turns into 1 lane on the roundabout, 2nd, exit- no lane markings

I go straight ahead by using the left hand lane, I overtake a car on the right lane who also wants to go straight ahead, he has to stop and let me through when exiting the roundabout where upon I get a beep and a gesture that claims I enjoy pleasuring myself, which made me feel guilty and ashamed.

If there's no lane markings and you want to go straight ahead, it's the left hand lane isn't it?
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    What does that mean?

The thread title alone should be enough to know what it means.

howardl, it's just as bad when you drive on the rd in other countries..
  • simysimy Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can go straight ahead from either lane. Link to Google maps?
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dosanjh1 wrote: »

I'm on the left lane of a 2 lane approach into to a medium sized roundabout which turns into 1 lane on the roundabout, 2nd, exit- no lane markings

I go straight ahead by using the left hand lane, I overtake a car on the right lane who also wants to go straight ahead, he has to stop and let me through when exiting the roundabout where upon I get a beep and a gesture that claims I enjoy pleasuring myself, which made me feel guilty and ashamed.

If there's no lane markings and you want to go straight ahead, it's the left hand lane isn't it?

It depends what the sign says and where the exits are?

I pull off a roundabout on way to work that has two lanes that goes into two lanes on the first exit and then the second is past 12 o'clock and goes into one lane. the amount of idiots that drive round the roundabout from the left lane is unbelievable!
  • Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Travelling up the A34 doing 65-70 ...I was the slower on the rd, one driver in transit type vehicle got right up my rear as i was overtaking a slower vehicle, I pulled over and this driver hammered up behind another inches away...why???...I'm not suprised there are so many crashes, so many cars doing 90 +
    Coming home from dorset it was nose to tale for long periods, soo much traffic. 3.5 hours to get back to Oxford when normally it's 2.5 hours at worse.

Actually the UK has one of the better road safety records in the world, generally speaking.

Faster driving - assuming weather and road conditions are good - is better for all of us, as we get ot where we want to be quicker. Productivity increases, happiness increases. Ipso Facto.
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I feel your pain, happens to me everyday cos I choose to drive at the speed limit.

was a girl in a mini this morning thinking she was in the italian job weaving from lane to lane at speed when everyone else was going no more than 20 due to the masses of traffic
  • Rhythm StickRhythm Stick Posts: 1,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dosanjh1 wrote: »

Google maps the roundabout.
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    Google maps the roundabout.

I'm tempted but it's too close to home.