Options

What would you do if you were me?

spanglystevespanglysteve Posts: 1,463
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hello, need you guys honest advice. I'm about to move house, I currently do not have Sky or Virgin in my existing flat.

I was planning on getting Sky HD in new place. I already have access to a free HD box and was planning to get all channels (except movies and sport) and bb max and line rental from sky. The total cost is around £50 a month (cant remember exact price).

However, my brother is also about to move flat from Glasgow where he currently has V+ HD with all channels (except movies and sport) and 10meg BB and phone rental all for the nice sum of £30 a month due to various deals made over the years.

The Virgin package in Glasgow is still in my name from when I used to live there 2 years ago so my thinking is now that my brother is moving out of the Glasgow flat I could probably transfer this package down to London.

So my question is this.... Despite me previously being set on getting Sky+ HD, do you guys think it is worth the £20 extra a month. I accept that Sky has more channels and faster hardware, but in your humble opinion would you pay an extra £20 a month for this?

Cheers guys

Comments

• Options
    michael37michael37 Posts: 2,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So my question is this.... Despite me previously being set on getting Sky+ HD, do you guys think it is worth the £20 extra a month. I accept that Sky has more channels and faster hardware, but in your humble opinion would you pay an extra £20 a month for this?

Nobody here can really answer that question for you, as we have no idea what you like to watch.

For myself as I mainly watch the first runs of US dramas and documentaries I feel it is worth it for me. But if I only ever watched soaps, for example, it would be a enormous waste of money.

I'd suggest that you take the time to do a little research before you commit. Take a look at what you actually watch and then look at the schedules on Sky and Virgin to see how much of it is really in HD, and compare how much extra you might (or might not) get with Sky compared to Virgin. Once you know that you can decide if it is worth £240 a year for you personally.
  • Options
    PhiljwadePhiljwade Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Assume your new address is on the VM cable map, if not there's only one choice! If it is then only you can decide. We have the full Sky HD offering with all the sports & movies - don't think VM can match that, so if that's out of your equation it's really swings and roundabouts.
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,520
    Forum Member
    Depends if you want HD, Sky offer a reasonable amount, VM offer hardly any. So for HD you want Sky, but if you're more interested in VOD, then you want VM.