Wossy quits the Beeb

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    daveyfs wrote: »
    Well thank god for that - his self-inflated moronic puerility and blatant sycophancy towards the hollywood crowd had got to the point where I gave up watching the Friday night programme because he just grated on me.

So who next for the Friday night spot?

Piers Morgan
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaylady wrote: »
    Piers Morgan

Bring guns, many many guns.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Bring guns, many many guns.

I was not implying that I think this is necessarily a good idea!
    :D
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    His pay was ludicrous - but if the beeb were happy to pay it, that's up to them, not down to him.

I used to be a fan, despite my age/background not really being his main demographic. However, for a long time every time I've seen him he's just been rude, and rude just for the sake of it is never funny.

I condemned him utterly for Manuelgate - but hey, we're all human, we can all go a step too far; most of us are just fortunate enough not to do it so publicly.

I suppose the arguments will polarize between 'It's a conspiracy to get rid of a talented presenter' and 'Hallelujah, our licence fee can come down now he's not being paid megaquid'.
  • OlgaChristieOlgaChristie Posts: 15,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does this wonderful news mean we are all in for a rebate on our licence fee ? :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMHO a break from TV will do JR some good.

I think that because of his mega-million £ fee, the Beeb put him on far too many shows and things got sloppy [as rightly stated above by Iphigenia].

Deep down, JR is a clever bloke and capable of being very witty. He managed to come back from the post- Last Resort wilderness to achieve success at the Beeb; this time he has plenty of dosh to sit it out and wait for another opportunity - which he will hopefully handle with a tad more humilty....

Any chance that the Beeb could use the recession to encourage new talent? [& I don't mean contestants participating in shows connected with Simon Cowell/Andrew Lloyd Webber/Reality TV]

...I won't hold my breath... :)
  • glowboyglowboy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Just been on the news serving tea to the hacks and paps outside his house.

I didn't think even he would stoop to grovelling to vermin.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People go on about this £18m, as if he pocketed it all. That paid for his production company to make his show, not just his salary.
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roddydogs wrote: »
    There is a God, after all.

Agreed. he's a vile individual. very rude and hard to warm too.

he puts on a fake, phony smile for his show.
  • CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob22 wrote: »
    Agreed. he's a vile individual. very rude and hard to warm too.

he puts on a fake, phony smile for his show.

What a load of twaddle.

Great guy, so far down my hitlist of showbiz hate figures as to barely register.

Lovely family guy who has been entertaining me for years. Long may it continue.
  • Ray266Ray266 Posts: 3,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was his own fault he's a big head & the brand episode sealed his fate with the BBC, it will be interesting to see who he works for in the future one things for sure he will payed what he's worth & not what the BBC lashed out on him:)
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    well im not bothered either way

i think hes gone up his own arse lately thinks hes bigger than the beeb itself

He's always been up his own arse. In the years he spent at Channel 4 he believed his own publicity and was ubbearable to watch. It seems to be his 'way'.:sleep:
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a load of twaddle.

Great guy, so far down my hitlist of showbiz hate figures as to barely register.

oh, do me a favour, when it comes to vileness, he ranks right up there with Chris Moyles.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Graham Norton gets the chat show on Friday Nights since for the past 2/3 years Grahan Norton's show has overtaken JR as the best chat show on the BBC.

I don't quite know why but I have a feeling Claudia Winkleman could get the Film 2010 role, would be a major change having a woman in the role, she used to do Liquid News which was all about entertainment, she covers the Oscars and Golden Globes for Sky and I think she could get a little promotion to the Film presenting slot. Just a wild guess really, in fact if they made the Friday Night show include a bit of entertainment news as well as interviews, I'd welcome Winkleman to take JRs Friday Night slot as well in a sort of bulked up Liquid News with real celebrities.

I miss Liquid News lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    I'm probably one of the only ones who's gonna miss him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    So very sad to hear the news about JR. No-one out there can touch him. Norton is good, but Ross is in a league of his own. As someone who has loved his shows since the 80s, and seen other presenters come and go, his style and humour will be very much missed.

His show was a great start to the week-end.
    I very much hope we see him back at the Beeb before long.

The whole Brand thing was the Daily Mess trying yet again to get at the BBC in any way they can and ultimately, not about one individual.

I can inderstand why Rossy feels he needs a break. I don't think the Beeb have anyone as good to follow him with, so basically, it's their and our loss.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Giggles wrote: »
    nothing to do with money is the claim.

If he wasn't motivated by money then one wonders why the BBC felt it necessary to hand over £16 Million of our licence tax to fund his current contract.... Must have been a mere tip.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SalBags wrote: »
    his style and humour will be very much missed.

"Wibble, wibble, wibble, minge, minge, minge" - That's a free ever-lasting sample of his style and humour, enjoy.
  • katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll miss him too, I like him Film 09 and I think that show needs to put it blunty, a bit of a geek for all things film. I can't think of anyone off the top of head who's like that and I guess we'll be stuck with a generic presenter :(

I love Graham Norton, but I think there's a need for a straight-up chat show too and I can't see him making a chat show without random websites (which are typically Norton and which I love!). However, I can't think of anyone else who's good enough really. Davina was dross and wouldn't like to see her back.
  • tvtimestvtimes Posts: 9,276
    Forum Member
    I think Sky will be beating his door down. Have they secured Paul O'grady aswell? I know it was rumoured.
  • GabriellaGabriella Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll miss Mr Ross like this blooming big freeze, so glad the Beeb won't be wasting any more of our money on him. The US can have him, as long as they keep him over there.

I'm looking forward to Film'10 having a new presenter, had to stop watching when he took over. Bring it on. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hes a prick
  • tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    What a load of twaddle.

Agree completely, I liked him since "the last resort" on channel 4.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lucy mane wrote: »
    Looks like the Daily Mail and its readers have finally got rid of him.
    I don't mind him. I think he will bring his chatshow over to ITV methinks.

That's what'll happen and he's probably got several other projects lined up aswell. He's also going to continue to present some BBC shows so he won't be going off our screens, which is good. I love him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a load of twaddle.

I agree, love him.