anyone else got sores from the cold?

OnexOneOnexOne Posts: 3,816
Forum Member
✭✭✭
hi folks, as im typing some of my fingers have cold cuts and my lips are chapped :(, anyone else allergic to the winter :):(

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    my hands have been reduced to bloody, knarled stumps. I've been putting moisturiser and E45 cream on like there was no tomorrow but it isn't really doing much.
  • Constant PMTConstant PMT Posts: 3,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ony the lips. No dry skin anywhere else. But my mum was saying today her Rosacea is playing up terrible at the moment.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I have, what's that all about? :(

Been rubbing Savlon into my hands, even cuts are appearing the skin has suddenly got so thin.
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The cold weather is playing havoc with my eczema.
  • _ben_ben Posts: 5,758
    Forum Member
    lil lexie wrote: »
    my hands have been reduced to bloody, knarled stumps. I've been putting moisturiser and E45 cream on like there was no tomorrow but it isn't really doing much.

I find that a decent indoor temperature helps as I have quite poor circulation in my hands and they don't heal in a cold room.
  • LittleMinx25LittleMinx25 Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nope ... mine are all fine :D
  • iannaiiannai Posts: 4,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »

That sounds quite bad.

Have you tried Atrixo?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sudacream works wonders on dry cracked skin! I have horrid coldsores! I always get them when it is really cold, and when it is really hot. My lips actually blister. I am allergic to the base cream in cold sore cream so have to go to the docs and get cold sore tablets, they do work wonders though!
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my knee still isnt great from silpping on it so many times, but otherwise im fine.
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    Had a cold sore pop up this morning so I put cold sore cream on straight away, hopefully in won't come to much, otherwise I'm fine. I keep myself well wrapped up when I go out in the cold.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    iannai wrote: »
    That sounds quite bad.

Have you tried Atrixo?

no, I'm just using what we've got in the house at the moment, some Avon cold weather crap and E45 stuff.

Hands are forever in the kitchen sink and house is quite cold so they've just sort of burst open, it's quite grizzly. :p
  • gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    I started the week with chapped legs the itching was unbearable! I've sorted that I'm wearing thick tights and knee high socks under my trousers when I go out. My hands are bad now and E45 is not working at all :(
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think my mother's got this problem, but it doesn't happen to me.
  • Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    I never go out without wearing gloves, yet the moisture seems to have been striped from my hands. In the evenings, I use one of those grain bag things you stick in the microwave to keep my hands warm. If I remember to lather my hands with hand cream first, the heat and cream do make a difference.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    My skin is dreadful at the moment. Gargh! Bloody winter.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    My hands are a bit dry sometimes, mostly at night. I usually wear gloves when going out though so I'm not sure how it happened. Apart from that I'm ok.
  • gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep! My hands are really bad atm. I've been using E45 and Neutrogena like it's going out of fashion. Doesn't seem to be making any difference this year :(
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My hands are a bit dry sometimes, mostly at night. I usually wear gloves when going out though so I'm not sure how it happened. Apart from that I'm ok.

The dryness from central heating?
  • missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can recommend Flexitol Hand Balm for anyone with very dry hands.

A friend of mine uses it and it's worked wonders.
  • gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The dryness from central heating?

I've heard that placing a bowl of water on top of a radiator can help with humidity. I've never tried it, so don't know if it works.