Need good advice

My mother bought a lap top while she was living in Spain. The OS is Windows 7. One of her favourite programmes is Audacity. So here's the problem. It don't work on her computer, it dose however run quite nicely thank you on my son's lap top, bought in England, but also Windows 7

Any offer any good advice here please :-)

Comments

• irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Need a bit more information than that to diagnose the problem.

Does it install? Does it throw an error message during installation? Or if it does install, what does it do when you run it? Nothing? Or does it throw a error message? Does the event log show any issue?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    It installs on both computers no error messages. Runs (works) on my son's but not on my mum's
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It installs on both computers no error messages. Runs (works) on my son's but not on my mum's

Still need more info. What do you mean by "it doesn't work"? When you run it, does the program run but it doesn't detect any sound the PC is playing? Or does it just do nothing when you click on the icon to run it? Does the event log list any issue?
  • max99max99 Posts: 9,002
    Forum Member
    You need to explain exactly what happens when you try to run it.

Have you tried uninstalling it and installing the latest version?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Mum's gone to bed now guy's. Thanks for your interest tonight. I'll try to get back to this tomorrow with the information your asking for.
    Once again, thanks for your interest
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mum's gone to bed now guy's. Thanks for your interest tonight. I'll try to get back to this tomorrow with the information your asking for.
    Once again, thanks for your interest

No problem but give us as much information you can. The more information you give, the more likely someone can solve the problem.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    ees it in espanol, feed it some tapas...
  • sy278sy278 Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Check to see if your mothers laptop is running a 64 bit version of Win 7
  • JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Check the version of Audacity which has been installed. It has to be a version which will work for Win 7. It is quite easy to download and install the wrong one because they keep the older version downloads for people who have, say,XP stil, or older MAC systems.