Did they ever record any TV stows near where you live

Comments

• nightporternightporter Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vivbell wrote: »
    Open all hours was filmed round the corner from my house ,we used to watch them filming it :0)
    When Granville rode his bike around town he rides through the park and you can see my house over the road.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Some of the Steve Coogan film The parole officer was filmed around the corner from where i lived in Burnage, and scenes from Cracker was filmed around the the other corner.
  • molyeshamolyesha Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    A couple of years ago there was a godawful series called 'Candy Cabs'. I only watched it because it was filmed (but not set) on the Wirral.
  • Biker JeffBiker Jeff Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm from Bristol..... up until a couple of years ago, Casualty was always filmed here. They even did a scene in my local pub and many times i've seen them shooting scenes in the city.
    A lot of Only Fools & Horses was shot here.... the Batman and Robin episode scenes were shot in Broadmead shopping centre at night.
    The Young Ones was filmed in a house in Bristol and also the private detective series Shoestring was also filmed and set in Bristol.
  • Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,735
    Forum Member
    I'm about 10 minutes away from the village where they film some of the exteriors for Downton Abbey and about 20 minutes away from Oxford where, of course, they filmed Morse and now film Lewis and Endeavour
  • Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,621
    Forum Member
    ITVs Watching filmed a couple of miles from where i live[ i've been down the prom where the Mother lived thousands of times, [although i don't know what the house number was/is]. The scenes from the Olympic stadium & ferry terminal in the Film Chariots Of Fire was shot not too far away from where i live either.
  • Joe1500Joe1500 Posts: 2,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some scenes of Pie in the Sky were shot outside the office building I worked in at Bracknell in the 1990s. Also, a TV adaptation of Dracula was shot at Woodchester Mansion which was only a few miles from where I used to live.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The office block at BBC Elstree is used as exteriors for Holby City hospital in the series.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Biker Jeff wrote: »
    I'm from Bristol..... up until a couple of years ago, Casualty was always filmed here. They even did a scene in my local pub and many times i've seen them shooting scenes in the city.
    A lot of Only Fools & Horses was shot here.... the Batman and Robin episode scenes were shot in Broadmead shopping centre at night.
    The Young Ones was filmed in a house in Bristol and also the private detective series Shoestring was also filmed and set in Bristol.

Sticking with the Brizzle theme, some of Skins was shot on the housing estate where I live - I used to see the BBC vehicles and lights. I've obviously never seen the footage as it's a ghastly show...:p
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    im in bristol where casuelty is made a scene of it was filmed a few 100 yards from my house also saw a scene from shoestring being filmed
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am just catching up on Wanted Down Under Revisited and they have showed places just down the road from here in Clacton LOL
  • simes188simes188 Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    The Good Life was filmed in Northwood.

Some episodes of The Professionals were filmed in Watford.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parts of game of thrones are filmed pretty near where I'm from in Northern Ireland.
  • FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They filmed My Mad Fat Diary, something with a fifties car outside a hospital and something set in Cowley Police Staion in the old town hall up the road . And Panorama cornered an illegal immigrant just over the road. My house was on telly.
  • LilylilacLilylilac Posts: 1,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted.
  • LilylilacLilylilac Posts: 1,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night's 'Derek'... There are always film crews about.
  • simes188simes188 Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    Scenes for a Bollywood sitcom are being filmed in a newsagent in Harrow Weald.

I did see an advert for KFC being filmed in Harrow quite a while ago.
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They used to film to film the Bill in Croydon where I lived, They also used to come to where I worked to get stuff for props etc
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supergran was filmed a mile from my birthplace and I can add The Watchtower, Barriers, an episode of When The Boat Comes in, The Machine Gunners, to the list of shows that were made in Tynemouth and North Shields. In Cumbria The Lakes( nineties drama) was filmed not too far from me and some of A Time To Dance was filmed in Cockermouth.
  • biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reading,where i was born and grew up,was the location for the first fly-on-the-wall "The Family"

The town where I live now was the setting for BBC Three comedy "We Are Klang" and was also used extensively in the film "Yanks" with Richard Gere.

oh,and "The League Of Gentleman"s Royston Vasey is about 5 miles away.
  • candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woody allen movie and i'm pretty sure sherlock or something.
    I seem to remember spotting either benedict cumberbatch or richard e grant - memory fails me.
    I do know that they took the road signs from around baker street and actually filmed somewhere else. Which annoyed me that they didn't use the real 221b baker street as the exterior at least.
    Of course it's not their fault the place is a shop now. :D:D

They also filmed an advert that went out recently right below our flat on the railway station platform. You've no idea how boring it is - they have to repeat their scenes over and over and over and over....lol.
    It was a fun watch tho
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Bill. I'll never forget one scene where they were chasing a suspect along the main road about two minutes walk from here,it cut to a scene inside the station then when they went back to the chase scene they were going past the office nearer to central London where my Dad used to work. He smiled and said "I wish I could get to work as fast as that" :D
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    The office block at BBC Elstree is used as exteriors for Holby City hospital in the series.

Also doubled as Grange Hill for 20 years.
  • howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    Morse
    and many movies.
    In fact the film crews get in the way when I cycle to work.
  • jay seanjay sean Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    keeping up apperances was filmed in/arround Royal Leamington Spa