Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    He's already announced that his foundation will "fully fund the London mobile unit this year and in years to come" which is reportedly going to cost £500,000/year. He's been involved with other charities such as NSPCC and Caudwell Children for several years and raised hundreds of thousands of pounds for them so I don't think there's any grounds to question his commitment. He's made a very public pledge so if he fails to deliver I'm sure he knows he'll receive a lot of criticism. As to why some people seem to be willing it to fail when it's only just been launched leaves me :confused:
    He also pledged on tv that he'd be playing Wembley Stadium:rolleyes:. He makes big pronouncements that go nowhere. I hope he plans to fund any shortfall himself and not have CR footing the bill if his foundation can't cover it.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    I was cringing so much but was very funny and he took it well, haha little wannabe Michael Jackson

It was really funny! :D And fair play to DOTY, he took it on the chin. Overall, apart from a couple of very disengenuous bits, he came across much better on JR than he usually does.
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    He also pledged on tv that he'd be playing Wembley Stadium:rolleyes:. He makes big pronouncements that go nowhere. I hope he plans to fund any shortfall himself and not have CR footing the bill if his foundation can't cover it.

I'd imagine Cancer Research are pretty discriminating about entering into 'celebrity' partnerships and that guarantees would have to be made. I doubt they'd allow their name to be associated with something that they felt hadn't been fully thought through and that was only being done on a whim to generate short term publicity. He's made a long term commitment so perhaps the best time to judge is at the end of the first year.
  • notfussynotfussy Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh. No wonder he had a nose job...
  • QueeniepopsQueeniepops Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    notfussy wrote: »

Truly shocking :eek: How very dare he !
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe most celebs have some form of surgery or Botox etc these days .. Some admit to it ..most don't..
  • notfussynotfussy Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, just seeing the early footage. If my beak was like that I would too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Was his nose job before or after he met Katie?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    di60 wrote: »
    Let me tell you what's really "vile".... the way you twist and turn things..... I was responding to your saying "PA is known for being a cryer, at every emotional situation. Why ask him not to be who he is
    " I was NOT responding to your saying that he was "crying over his dead brother"
    That's what it looked like. Same as how it looked like your 'sick d!ckhead' comment was you taking umbridge, which you also denied.
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, just seeing the early footage. If my beak was like that I would too.

He was desperate for publicity and popularity at any cost then, too.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was his nose job before or after he met Katie?

It was definitely a few years before he met her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In all honesty senseiSam I am disappointed his fans haven't got behind such a good cause.. With all the publicity he has done for his foundation I expected more..and I don't blame him for it not getting more ... As he has been on tv and done interviews to promote it

Tbh BB after looking at the marie keating foundation web site and then at PA, I can see why people maybe donating else where, Ronan Keating and his family are the founder members of the cancer awareness roadshows, their site is totally dedicated to cancer awareness, where as PA is 90% dedicated to himself, he has imo turned this site into nothing more than a fan site for himself, its all very disappointing, even coming from him:(
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    scone wrote: »

Are you making personal comments scone? I liked your twitter link the other week btw. Nice.

No more a personal comment than you lovey
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it really fair to compare a foundation that's been established for years with one that's a few weeks old? Pete doesn't have a dedicated foundation website at this point, it's just a page on his fan website. In my opinion it would be better to spend the money directly on the project work rather than on duplicating existing resources. Cancer Research have their own very informative website to raise awareness which he links to.
    http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/cancer-info/spotcancerearly/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it really fair to compare a foundation that's been established for years with one that's a few weeks old? Pete doesn't have a dedicated foundation website at this point, it's just a page on his fan website. In my opinion it would be better to spend the money directly on the project work rather than on duplicating existing resources. Cancer Research have their own very informative website to raise awareness which he links to.
    http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/cancer-info/spotcancerearly/

Hes launched a support charity without an appropriate website ? and changed the name of his fan website to the peter andre foundation so he can continue promoting himself and flogging his goods, how disgusting that he sees the cost of a flash car more important than creating an appropriate website with which to respect his brothers memory !!! this time...theres just no excuse !!!!!
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    Hes launched a support charity without an appropriate website ? and changed the name of his fan website to the peter andre foundation so he can continue promoting himself and flogging his goods, how disgusting that he sees the cost of a flash car more important than creating an appropriate website with which to respect his brothers memory !!! this time...theres just no excuse !!!!!

I can see where you're coming from, Cym, but he hasn't changed the name, he's added a page to publicise the Foundation in which he outlines the remit and links to Cancer Research and a giving facility, and that imo is reasonable enough to kickstart things.

But I did shake my head at the page itself because of the total absence of Andrew on it? :confused: Why is there a pic of PA on a page about a Foundation dedicated to his brother?? Seriously, what is wrong with him that he can't see how self-serving this looks? So I'm not surprised your reaction is as it is. And not surprised also that it's not exactly heaving with donations.

I would change that page immediately, give Andrew top billing with a good sized pic of him (just him, no PA) a dedicated paragraph or so about the person he was - so important when you're trying to raise money in someone's name - followed by the remit of the Foundation, the links to CR and the Just Giving page. I suspect it might also attract more donations if they did that. And if PA can't bear the idea of not having his own pic on there, then at least include one with all the brothers, since they also are being totally ignored here.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    He's already announced that his foundation will "fully fund the London mobile unit this year and in years to come" which is reportedly going to cost £500,000/year. He's been involved with other charities such as NSPCC and Caudwell Children for several years and raised hundreds of thousands of pounds for them so I don't think there's any grounds to question his commitment. He's made a very public pledge so if he fails to deliver I'm sure he knows he'll receive a lot of criticism. As to why some people seem to be willing it to fail when it's only just been launched leaves me :confused:

My point is IMO he doesn't appear to be doing too much to help promote the Foundation as sadly £1600 raised so far seems to prove. Also it's very easy to make pledges, seeing them through is another but matter but as I said in a previous post I would be happy to be proved wrong on this one.
    With regards as to people willing it to fail, not me, as I also said I would be delighted if he helped to raise a fortune for a fantastic cause.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    I didn't see him on Jonathan Ross last night but from what I gather he came over not too bad, however I suspect JR will now be referred to as "My good mate JR" in his column next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He introduced Andre as "everyone's favourite Australian," I can think of several others more worthy of that title
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He introduced Andre as "everyone's favourite Australian," I can think of several others more worthy of that title

He isn't Australian ..he was born here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He isn't Australian ..he was born here

Blame Wossy I didn't say it :D

I have watched his interview on ITV Player and I rather enjoyed it, I'm being swayed again, he also looks nice in a suit, plus they showed this new faces clip from ages ago where he appeared to be some kind of Michael Jackson impersonator, he can laugh at himself at least.

He also said that after his brother died he told Claire that he wanted to take six months off but she kept on at him about cancer awareness so in the end he agreed and didn't take a long absence, something like that anyway
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I can see where you're coming from, Cym, but he hasn't changed the name, he's added a page to publicise the Foundation in which he outlines the remit and links to Cancer Research and a giving facility, and that imo is reasonable enough to kickstart things.

But I did shake my head at the page itself because of the total absence of Andrew on it? :confused: Why is there a pic of PA on a page about a Foundation dedicated to his brother?? Seriously, what is wrong with him that he can't see how self-serving this looks? So I'm not surprised your reaction is as it is. And not surprised also that it's not exactly heaving with donations.

I would change that page immediately, give Andrew top billing with a good sized pic of him (just him, no PA) a dedicated paragraph or so about the person he was - so important when you're trying to raise money in someone's name - followed by the remit of the Foundation, the links to CR and the Just Giving page. I suspect it might also attract more donations if they did that. And if PA can't bear the idea of not having his own pic on there, then at least include one with all the brothers, since they also are being totally ignored here.

After tapping in PA foundation, I honestly expected to see info/pics on andrew and his family, brief medical awareness details of andrews illness and images of past roadshows and what the buses look like, I never expected to end up on a PA fan site, and after viewing marie keatings foundation site and then seeing this, I just saw red !!! especially as seeing that it would have been possible for him to include all of the above things on just one page, but then again, showing pics of anyone else but him who must be grieving would take the focus off him wouldnt it :mad: yes MK web is established, but my point is that no where do you see RK promoting himself via his mums death, never thought it was humanly possible to cheapen a cause like this with self promotion, but by god hes done it !!! and to think celebs get accused of self promotion running 26 miles for charity!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blame Wossy I didn't say it :D

I have watched his interview on ITV Player and I rather enjoyed it, I'm being swayed again, he also looks nice in a suit, plus they showed this new faces clip from ages ago where he appeared to be some kind of Michael Jackson impersonator, he can laugh at himself at least.

He also said that after his brother died he told Claire that he wanted to take six months off but she kept on at him about cancer awareness so in the end he agreed and didn't take a long absence, something like that anyway

If that's what Claire said to him then she is a heartless cow... If the man wanted time off then that's what he should of done regardless of what she said..he is 40 yrs old ..not a child .. He employs her not the other way round
  • dirty dingusdirty dingus Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just looked at his merchandise. I can get a team andre t-shirt for £1.99 and a signed photo set for the same price but I can't possibly extend my budget to buy the 2. I am in a tizz, I now know how Meryl Street felt in Sophie's Choice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just looked at his merchandise. I can get a team andre t-shirt for £1.99 and a signed photo set for the same price but I can't possibly extend my budget to buy the 2. I am in a tizz, I now know how Meryl Street felt in Sophie's Choice.

Hahahahaha :D
This discussion has been closed.