N Sync

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was too old to get into this group, but today I found myself on you tube listening to their music. I guess I was postponing cleaning:D some great songs for a boy band.

I hadnt realized there were two lead singers in the band and how one went onto huge success and the other not.

Comments

• 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JC is a good singer too and they both worked well in the band at the time.

I'm guessing you've heard about the mini reunion tonight?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    JC is a good singer too and they both worked well in the band at the time.

I'm guessing you've heard about the mini reunion tonight?

I read about a possible reunion and I realized I didnt know their actual music. I always thought Justin was the singer and I hadnt even heard of Chavez. Its interesting that two men with comparable voices and only went on to super success.

I cant get over how adolescent Justin looks in the videos.

Were they friends or are they a put together band?
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh wow I was just going to start an N Sync thread:eek:
    Anyway, yeah I always found it strange how JC never really had the success that Justin had as a solo star. He was probably considered even more conventionally handsome than Justin back then and had a nice voice. Maybe he lacked the drive.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When a big group breaks up, usually one singer has a big solo career while the rest get an early grave, this is what happened here
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love nsync. My guilty pleasure. Not keen on JT's solo stuff, I loved future sex/lovesounds era and cry me a river..but I prefered him when he was in NSync!
  • _Magnum__Magnum_ Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Its Gonna Be Me is a TUNE always was always will be.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I loved N Sync :D Love JT too.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _Magnum_ wrote: »
    Its Gonna Be Me is a TUNE always was always will be.

Guess what? It's gonna be MYYYYEEEE":D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    When a big group breaks up, usually one singer has a big solo career while the rest get an early grave, this is what happened here

I agree with what you are saying if a band had one really good singer. I was just surprised from my looking at You Tube that N Sync wasnt Justin's backing group, which is what I assumed and Chavez did have a comparable voice.

Was it that the teen girls were smitten with Justin, like One Direction and Harry??
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    Justin was the heart throb in the group and he had something extra .
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    I agree with what you are saying if a band had one really good singer. I was just surprised from my looking at You Tube that N Sync wasnt Justin's backing group, which is what I assumed and Chavez did have a comparable voice.

Was it that the teen girls were smitten with Justin, like One Direction and Harry??

Justin was the fav, but I believe Lance was more popular than JC, though that's just my guess by watching its Gonna Be Me vid, don't take it for granted

Also i have the feeling that 1D will do the Take That thing by a member leaving that is not Harry ie Robbie leaving instead of Gary
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    Justin was the fav, but I believe Lance was more popular than JC, though that's just my guess by watching its Gonna Be Me vid, don't take it for granted

Also i have the feeling that 1D will do the Take That thing by a member leaving that is not Harry ie Robbie leaving instead of Gary

Interesting article from Billboard that answers my question

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/1552214/justin-timberlake-vs-jc-chasez-why-n-sync-only-spawned-one

Perhaps it just is about having the right song.
  • lil_boolil_boo Posts: 1,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a massive NSync fan back in the day and my inner 13 year old self is squealing with excitement at a possible reunion at tonight's VMA's
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    I do like Tearin' Up My Heart and Bye Bye Bye. :) however I much preferred the Backstreet Boys, its strange as Nick Carter was the Justin of that band and he didn't have nearly as much success perhaps it comes down to the material. I liked Justin's first album and I liked What Goes Around.

As for One Direction, I can see it being Liam as the one who leaves but maybe that's just because I think he has a bad attitude. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lil_boo wrote: »
    I was a massive NSync fan back in the day and my inner 13 year old self is squealing with excitement at a possible reunion at tonight's VMA's

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2401984/MTV-VMAs-2103-N-Sync-BACK-Boyband-steal-join-Justin-Timberlake-stage-MTV-VMAs.html

They did reunite, but only a brief vid
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simi89 wrote: »
    I do like Tearin' Up My Heart and Bye Bye Bye. :) however I much preferred the Backstreet Boys, its strange as Nick Carter was the Justin of that band and he didn't have nearly as much success perhaps it comes down to the material. I liked Justin's first album and I liked What Goes Around.

As for One Direction, I can see it being Liam as the one who leaves but maybe that's just because I think he has a bad attitude. :o

I think it comes down to the material and talent. Nick Carter wasn't as talented as Justin no offence. Nick could sing but JT has the all round star quality that only happens to a few people. Nick Carter was just a singer.. :o
  • lil_boolil_boo Posts: 1,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »

yup, woke up with excitement to watch it, would've liked it to be a bit longer, but hey! gotta take what you can get!