How Long Until I am a New Customer?

PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi

I am thinking of cancelling my Sky Subscription, and then waiting a while and getting one of the new deals that are available to new customers and I was wondering how long (if ever) does it take to become a new customer in the eyes of Sky?

Comments

• Steve_CardanasSteve_Cardanas Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A year I think
  • davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is 12 months minimum
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although you will probably get a 50% off offer before your subscription is even turned off, so no need to wait 12 months.
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your responses it is helpful to know, what about if you are moving house, can you just start a new account then?
  • innitrichieinnitrichie Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    Hi

I am thinking of cancelling my Sky Subscription, and then waiting a while and getting one of the new deals that are available to new customers and I was wondering how long (if ever) does it take to become a new customer in the eyes of Sky?

Surely if you already know you want to come back to Sky before you leave, you know you like the service and should be willing to pay the fair market price?
  • powarpowar Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    The unemployed play this little game a lot. :D
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aurichie wrote: »
    Surely if you already know you want to come back to Sky before you leave, you know you like the service and should be willing to pay the fair market price?

Well I am moving into my own house soon, and the bills will be piling up and I just want to make the best of my outgoings and since new customers get better deals I thought it would be good to see if I would be able to get the deal if I waited a few months.

Kind of like when people who have credit cards will transfer their debt to new cards in order to use their new customer deals and that helps them with their outgoings.

Also I have noticed that since I stopped sky protect, my sky box seems to crash almost every day which means I miss out on many of my recordings - sky doesn't seem to be able to help and I really can't afford paying out for a new box, so I thought as a new customer I would get a new box.

I apologise if my trying to stretch my financial incomings a little has somehow offended you, I will probably go with Virgin or else go without since the new customer doesn't start straightaway.
    powar wrote: »
    The unemployed play this little game a lot. :D

So should I be asking the unemployed people how to do this then?
  • Marti SMarti S Posts: 5,771
    Forum Member
    aurichie wrote: »

Except Sky charge more than the fair market price, that's why they give so many discounts, they know some mugs will happily pay the full price.
  • StueyStuey Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marti S wrote: »
    Except Sky charge more than the fair market price, that's why they give so many discounts, they know some mugs will happily pay the full price.

They're either trolling or have such an affection for BSkyB that they'd prefer to pay the full list price than accept a discount.