Channel 5 confirm UK vs USA theme

Comments

• CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another lame idea from the current production team. They're already on the verge of getting the civilian show cancelled.
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what to make of the theme at the moment

Hopefully BBUK will redeem itself somewhat with this series and end 2015 with a bang rather than a whimper after the last two series were pretty much forgettable

Not been a good year for BB overall so far this year as Canada was distinctly average as well

Dare I say it but it looks like USA could be the best of a bad bunch this year if Summer CBB doesn't deliver and it does need to deliver IMO
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Another lame idea from the current production team. They're already on the verge of getting the civilian show cancelled.

The ratings are still satisfactory to their standards so I doubt if they'll pull the plug on the civilian series. They just need reorganisation for the show and a reformat too. :cool:
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Not sure what to make of the theme at the moment

Hopefully BBUK will redeem itself somewhat with this series and end 2015 with a bang rather than a whimper after the last two series were pretty much forgettable

Not been a good year for BB overall so far this year as Canada was distinctly average as well

Dare I say it but it looks like USA could be the best of a bad bunch this year if Summer CBB doesn't deliver and it does need to deliver IMO

If they get likeable people in that is. :)
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    If they get likeable people in that is. :)

Hopefully there will be some fun laced in amongst the usual 'who said what about who' and the usual engineered conflict

Think it's needed after two lousy series where the fun was sucked out very quickly by certain people and they (the two series) became a chore to watch
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »

Agreed, sounds horrendous, I think I'll be avoiding it.
  • Norn2Norn2 Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fanntastik wrote: »
    I always prefer the American HMs so I'm rooting for Team USA! :p:D

i always find myself rooting for the americans too, such as frenchie, gary, perez
  • lynzeelynzee Posts: 8,193
    Forum Member
    Not a bad idea provided the Americans are able to watch and vote too.

I would guess, given level playing fields the Americans will wipe the floor with the Brits.;-)
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Prefer no Americans or maybe one at a push.

Problem is most of these people will be complete nobodies
  • malcommalcom Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jeanoj wrote: »
    I prefer no Americans - can't they find enough British "celebrities". They are completely losing sight of BB - it should never be a competition between countries - just a house full of people to see how they interact with each other. I don't think I shall be watching.

Sure they are running out of celebrities worth calling celebrities.

I hate soaps never watch the badly written badly acted rubbish. So when a soap so called celeb gets chosen I haven't a clue who they are.

Twice a year CBB is to much to often. We should have two civilian BB a year not two CBB's
  • DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bb2011fan wrote: »

It would work if the sides had equal amount of HMs to bounce off each other. Fun to watch:D:D Hope they don't change their minds at the last minute, and give us a dull show.
  • Rough DiamondRough Diamond Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    canucko wrote: »
    Big Brother USA is currently going on until September- so that house is already occupied :)
    Cheers :)
  • Shopaholic26Shopaholic26 Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Prefer no Americans or maybe one at a push.

Problem is most of these people will be complete nobodies

It was basically UK vs USA last year anyway! I'm sure there will be some shocking tasks that will rock the house.................or maybe not!
  • TomAceTomAce Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    It depends on how it's done. I don't really see how it can be a fair competition, as I can't really see a British public siding with a group of Americans over a group of British celebrities.

I don't trust the production team not to mess things up. They need to concentrate on getting the basics right before they try to overhaul the concept with fancy pants ideas. Celebrity BB is all about getting the right personalities in the house, and then most of the entertainment happens without any crazy makeover of the rules.
  • bluegroperbluegroper Posts: 11,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TomAce wrote: »
    It depends on how it's done. I don't really see how it can be a fair competition, as I can't really see a British public siding with a group of Americans over a group of British celebrities.

I don't trust the production team not to mess things up. They need to concentrate on getting the basics right before they try to overhaul the concept with fancy pants ideas. Celebrity BB is all about getting the right personalities in the house, and then most of the entertainment happens without any crazy makeover of the rules.

Didn't Gary Busey win, he is an American
  • Dr ZDr Z Posts: 3,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand while other countries all have their own versions of reality shows, the UK versions have to be open to the world? Why are we so ashamed of ourselves?
  • abbieuniqueabbieunique Posts: 4,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still no start date?
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    bluegroper wrote: »

But did he win because he was American, or because he was Gary Busey?

Making it UK vs US may make it harder for an American to win, even if they are the best housemate. And that's wrong.
  • TomAceTomAce Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    bluegroper wrote: »

Yes but people were voting for an individual rather than a cultural group.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could be great but only if the series has some interesting and great characters.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol at people taking it as a competition. It's just a fun theme, they will all still live together and interact with each other.
  • EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr Z wrote: »
    I don't understand while other countries all have their own versions of reality shows, the UK versions have to be open to the world? Why are we so ashamed of ourselves?

The US has no celebrity version of Big Brother. And the "quality" of the US contestants that show up in the UK BB house ... I don't think the American viewing public would watch them. Most of them are just a bunch of faux-celebrities no one's ever heard of.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care about the theme. For me it's who is in there.
    (I was in the Perez camp last time :D )
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    jeanoj wrote: »
    I prefer no Americans - can't they find enough British "celebrities". They are completely losing sight of BB - it should never be a competition between countries - just a house full of people to see how they interact with each other. I don't think I shall be watching.

I'd prefer no Americans, struggling to think of a single American housemate I liked - not looking forward to this CBB at all
  • EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yera wrote: »
    I'd prefer no Americans, struggling to think of a single American housemate I liked - not looking forward to this CBB at all

Then don't watch it.