Options

Bonnie Langford

xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
Forum Member
Bonnie is a fiesty redhead who made the transition from child star to star of the West End in so many musicals.... a great dancer, a great singer.... she has got it all.
Shes not bad on ice skates too... theres no end to her talents......

Comments

• Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what she's like at singing now, but she was very good years ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Bonnie. She's very 'Showbizzy' but seems pretty grounded underneath all the fizz. She carried a lot of flak for years following her 'Violet Elizabeth' role but it's never made her bitter or self-pitying. She's just got on with it.

Kyran Bracken tried to damage her reputation during the DOI tour but he was ultra competitive and he's got nothing like the track record Bonnie has. He came across as petulant and is the only one I've heard say anything nasty about her in recent years.
  • Options
    MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She killed Doctor Who.
  • Options
    ukbadgeukbadge Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    Bonnie is a fiesty redhead who made the transition from child star to star of the West End in so many musicals.... a great dancer, a great singer.... she has got it all.

And your point is???????
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,198
    Forum Member

I love Bonnie a true pro, and she was the best Violet Elizabeth ever! :)
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember her in Just William :D
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I preferred Lonnie Bangford and Got Four On It.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »

Kyran Bracken tried to damage her reputation during the DOI tour but he was ultra competitive and he's got nothing like the track record Bonnie has. He came across as petulant and is the only one I've heard say anything nasty about her in recent years.

Didn't she win the tour trophy and Kyran said she was bribing the judges? As if that would happen :kitty:

I saw her on this years tour, and she is still amazingly flexible for her age.

Bonnie on this year's tour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faEtvQwuxbo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bonnie hits the big 50 in July this year
  • Options
    fredsnailfredsnail Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I walked behind her after one of the DOI shows in Birmingham - she was walking with all the other hundreds of people leaving the venue and was with her husband and daughter - no attempt to hide her hair under a hat or anything (her hair was how I'd spotted her) and she seemed very normal.

She seems to be very positive and bubbly.
  • Options
    Poppy99Poppy99 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    She used to go in a sandwich bar I used to have lunch in. Given her showbizzy image I was suprised, pleasantly, at how normal, friendly and down to earth she was.
  • Options
    Goblin QueenGoblin Queen Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always liked Bonnie and have never understood why she got/gets slated so much.
  • Options
    FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bonnie was a close & true friend of fellow child star/singer Lena Zavaroni since childhood.

How close & true Bonnie proved to be as she & her husband attended Lena's funeral almost 15 years ago and Bonnie was the only celebrity there. I saw the press photos of Lena's funeral and I thought at the time: Why are her other celebrity chums & other people who worked for Lena like her agent not attending the funeral? Where were they doing at the time?

It seemed all very sad & Lena didn't deserve this. That was when I actually liked Bonnie for showing her love & respect to her late close friend that way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its annoying that her name is spelt with an ie at the
    end ...... wots wrong with....... Bonny ?
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Didn't she win the tour trophy and Kyran said she was bribing the judges? As if that would happen :kitty:

I saw her on this years tour, and she is still amazingly flexible for her age.

Bonnie on this year's tour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faEtvQwuxbo

That's right. Saw him slating her on a morning chat show (Matthew Wright, I think) and he was making that claim. I just thought "You big, pathetic baby!". It was a cheap shot but I think it backfired. Maybe he just couldn't get the fact that he is totally charisma-free, despite being a good skater. On the other hand, Bonnie has performed all her life, stayed in work and done well on DOI (including the tour) because she's good at what she does as well as being a very pleasant person. His criticisms of other skaters also showed him up.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can't see it matters how it's spelt - it's only a nickname. She was born Bonita.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nothing, nor is there anything wrong with Bonnie either. Ye Gods!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Timbo your taste in women is crapp
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Red hair gets me every time
    from Patsy P to Bonnie L
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Red hair gets me every time
    from Patsy P to Bonnie L

and jenni falconer and anthea turner
    what are your thoughts on Carol Smillie?
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moggio wrote: »
    She killed Doctor Who.

No she didn't
  • Options
    MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    No she didn't

She was the beginning of the end. It's all her fault.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're not the bloke who flies that little plane around on the Cuprinol adverts are you .............?
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Could never take to her.