Worst advert on TV at the moment

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sincerely hope that is the case - If not - I am calling the Television Standards AND the RSPCA ! ! !
    Please do, and post your reply right here ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    The head and shoulders advert:

"Did you know that some conditioners may wash away the anti-dandruff protection of your shampoo? Advanced scientific tests have shown that some conditioners may wash away the anti-dandruff protection of your shampoo."

How stupid do advertisers think we are? Apparently we're all so dense that we need to hear the same phrase twice in 5 seconds to stand any chance of understanding it. Also, isn't it good that they've used 'advanced scientific testing' that's a comfort. They'll be telling us it contains Boswellox next!

Also, couldn't agree more about Sarah's Mum and her shredded wheat! GRR!

And the Sensodyne icecream woman is too smug for words.

One of the most disturbing ads around at the moment has got to be the air freshner one where the elephant somehow manages to have a child who's a centipede! WHAT???
  • hotpotatohotpotato Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My vote's definitely for the Old El Paso one with the bunch of wallies straight out of (bad) acting school..... Having an orgasm over a processed tortilla purleeze.........

I actually think the Shredded Wheat is cool.... . I have a cousin who was just like that girl when she was that age.......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    ACTIVIA YOGHURT ADVERTS:
    It contains Bifidus Digestivum...apparently.
  • Captain StableCaptain Stable Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the way she casually says it contains Bifdimuff digestum...

And she was NOT kidding about trying to steal off her friend. She does that smile at the end that says "I caught you trying to steal my yogurt... you'll pay for that. I've spat in your coffee!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ACTIVIA YOGHURT ADVERTS:
    It contains Bifidus Digestivum...apparently.

Try this link for further info!

http://www.thevitaminbin.com/jarrow-bifidus-balance.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    i can't stand the Frosties, "they're gonna taste great!!" tune. the kid needs a punch.
  • Nadias_ballsNadias_balls Posts: 1,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like practically everyone else in the country, the Frosties one is a real pain, but personally I can't stand that "Wax Virgin" woman on the wax strips ad. I don't know whether she's acting annoying deliberately or just a prize c*nt. Either way, I'd love to tw*t her one right round the face
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    Oldbod wrote:
    It appears to be American...need I say more?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hasting's Insurance - arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It appears to be American...need I say more?
    Exactly.
    But do not worry Pentapeptides and the like are about as well :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Vauxhall Zafira ad s with the 2 annoying boys are back again :eek: :eek:
  • wombatofludhamwombatofludham Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Citroen ad where a bunch of 'erberts drive all the way from France to Finland, freeze their gonads off to watch a car turn into a Cyberman version of Torville without his Dean. Why?

Oh and Citroen, is the message of this ad that your cars have such crap grip in the ice they turn into manic skaters?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Oldbod wrote:

I feel slightly ashamed to admit this BUT I quite like the Zafira adverts. Don't know why, just always make me laugh...sorry!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    HI, I'M BARRY SCOTT from the CILLIT BANG adverts... Anyone else get an overwhelming urge to ram a tube of cillit bang universal degreaser where it'll REALLY make him shout...

\wanders off muttering...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you see that puff??
    1 puff, 2 puffs...47 puffs!!!!
    AAAaaGGHHH! :eek: :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    'picture loans' claim that you can have an 'adult conversation' with them. when i've asked them to provide this service they just hang up!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really getting annoyed with the Volkswagen ads where people keep questioning the prices of the cars in the showrooms!

Do these people not realise Trading Standards would not allow Volkswagen to put up false prices?!

Dumb ad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel slightly ashamed to admit this BUT I quite like the Zafira adverts. Don't know why, just always make me laugh...sorry!

Don't be ashamed, they make me laugh too but they are on too often.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That new one for some Oral B toothbrush.

Features an exclusive zoom in on the evil bugs under our teeth. Which all look like Mothra.

"This is a dramatisation".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    russ_beer wrote:
    i can't stand the Frosties, "they're gonna taste great!!" tune. the kid needs a punch.

Haha, that advert is so annoying, it makes me laugh!

"For ladies who insure their cars, shealer's wheels are superstars..." grrr
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldbod wrote:

Click,BBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    The Frosties boy's rhyming is just too cringeworthy - it's actually embarrassing watching him saying "pi-rate" and "the sound of Frosties hitting me plate". Who the hell eats cereal off a plate anyway?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Vodafone mayfly ad. Yes, jolly clever, but what the flip does it have to do with mobile telephones?
  • JillstarJillstar Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 'do you suffer from an erection problem?' advert annoys me, however, I find it funny too.
    Why do they have to repeat the phrase 'erection problem' about 3 times though?
This discussion has been closed.