How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 - UKE4 Pace.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
Forum Member
Hi,

Just letting all that enjoy the show know that Season 6 of How I Met Your Mother, starts this Thursday 23rd December 2010 at 9:30.

(I put it in this forum as I am not sure this show counts as cult)

Comments

• bexmil89bexmil89 Posts: 4,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woo so excited, i love how I met your mother :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    The last season wasn't fantastic, but I hear good things about season 6 so I am definitely looking forward to the show too.
    Forum Member
    I thought people enjoyed this programme, but I guess not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    completely forgot about this. such s random time to start a new series, but I'm not complaining! It's on today!
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    I agree that Season 5 was pretty poor for the most part, but so far Season 6 has been a lot better. Not as good as in its best years but still a big improvement. Halfway through the season, I'd say around 2 thirds of the episodes have been at least 'good'.
    Forum Member
    qwerty282 wrote: »
    completely forgot about this. such s random time to start a new series, but I'm not complaining! It's on today!

I thought it seemed a random time too, that is why I thought it would be best to give a heads up.

Gives me something to watch though since there is nothing on my Planner to watch now :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what's happened to it tonight? Is this a one off or is it semi-permanent like Big Bang Theory? I really wanted to watch it after American Idol, but that awful Glory Daze is on instead :mad:
  • CrimsonmonCrimsonmon Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they announced that it was on a break last week, which is odd as it's on regularly in the US now.
  • SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm getting sick of this programme so far. I've had season six recording recording but probably due to the bad taste season five left I just haven't been bothered watching any of this new season. I'll probably try and give some of it a watch over the weekend but if it's still rubbish then I'm giving up on it. ...I had to get that off my chest, I'm sorry guysh
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Crimsonmon wrote: »
    I think they announced that it was on a break last week, which is odd as it's on regularly in the US now.

We're 8 episodes behind the US but it might get pre-empted again.

Whilst UK broadcasters used to wait until a whole 'season' was available before screening, t'Internet has encouraged them to close the gap between US and UK screening dates.

However, if the UK follows too closely behind the US dates we end up with a schedule that looks something like this:-

8 episodes - 3 week break - 5 episodes - 2 week break - 7 episodes - 4 week break - 2 episodes - 1 week break - 3 episodes

UK stations, if they're not screening a whole season over consecutive weeks would rather take an extended break in the middle and wait until they are sure they won't "catch up" and have to take yet another break a few weeks later.

Some viewers seem unable to cope with either an extended delay before screening a whole season or the break in the middle when US goes on hiatus - having several breaks would I'm sure send them batsh*t crazy :eek:

ETA: The last few episodes of HIMYM should air in the US about the end of April / early May.

Glory Daze, which replaces HIMYM on E4, runs for 10 weeks complete, so that will finish around the same time, allowing E4 to pick up with HIMYM after Easter and the Royal Wedding and run it through to about the end of July. Not saying this WILL happen, but it's a possible scenario.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We’re (or sholud that be were) 8 episodes behind the US, considering we are now in March we wouldn’t have been at risk of over taking the US, this is purely an (annoying) decision made by E4.
  • VirginMediaPhilVirginMediaPhil Posts: 2,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else still watching? I only started watching a few weeks ago after reading about it for a long time.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,699
    Forum Member
    Yep. I am. Still watching; still laughing.