Stamp tribute to Gerry Anderson

Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
Forum Member
A new set of stamps from the Royal Mail will pay tribute to Gerry Anderson (it really should be SIR Gerry Anderson by now!)

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/stamps/jump1?catId=32200669&mediaId=32300674

Comments

• ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always wondered why someone who has made such a huge contribution to British tv has never been knighted. Long overdue.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ironjade wrote: »
    I've always wondered why someone who has made such a huge contribution to British tv has never been knighted. Long overdue.

yeah , too right . Wonder why he never received one . perhaps he hasn't greased the right palms .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I couldn't agree with you more & were I to meet the great man I would probably do a Waynes World!

'I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!' :D

Then get hauled away by security :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    A new set of stamps from the Royal Mail will pay tribute to Gerry Anderson
    Now you can decorate your desktop... 6 different designs available featuring the Captain Scarlet, Thunderbirds, Joe 90, Fireball XL5, Stingray & Supercar stamp designs. Get yours now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair his ex wife Sylvia deserves recognition also as she had a lot of input into the Anderson programmes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    The puppet characters in Stingray, Joe 90, Captain Scarlet and Thunderbirds have enthralled millions since they first arrived on our TV screens in the 1960s.

Enter now for the chance to win a load of Genius of Gerry Anderson goodies including the UK’s first ever Motion Stamps that ‘plays’ the opening sequence of Thunderbirds.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair his ex wife Sylvia deserves recognition also as she had a lot of input into the Anderson programmes.

Rumour has it Terrahawks' Zelda was based on her as revenge for taking GA to the cleaners. Allegedly.:)
  • _SpeedRacer__SpeedRacer_ Posts: 6,724
    Forum Member

Yes, indeed. And over multiple generations too, when it was "relaunched" in the early nineties his programmes were incredibly popular.

So popular in fact that I had to go without Tracey Island one Christmas because they'd sold out :(:D