Utopia, C4&HD, 10pm, 15-22-29 Jan 5-12 Feb

Comments

• HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying it...& i'm not young! I don't need to know all the ins & outs in the first ep, it's fun trying to work it out.

Didn't know it was on for 90mins, lucky I didn't turn over!
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is just wrong
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen worse in many other films. The Saw films come to mind, as does Hostel, etc. Pretty mild for a torture scene really.
  • QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, the cushion wasn't enough so I ran into kitchen.
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,128
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »
    This is just wrong

I agree. Smoking indoors is never acceptable unless it's your own home or the host allows you to:cool::cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm reminded of the Blair Witch Project. Find Jessica Hyde, something about a manuscript, It's over. A lot of people look pissed.
  • kaniakania Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    Hmmmm may tune in for the next one, it has me intrigued.
    I agree. Smoking indoors is never acceptable unless it's your own home or the host allows you to:cool::cool:

:D
  • TOFFEEMAN1878TOFFEEMAN1878 Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    The only thing I can make of it, is it was filmed in Liverpool!
  • Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite liked it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting, some funny bits, though I'm not loving it stylistically.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha, actually laughing at it. My main problem is it's lack of feeling. It didn't convey any sense of drama or urgency. It felt flat and listless throughout. It made no attempt to make the drama and the whole big drama scenes feel like it, it was like watching a shopping channel. I'm aware it's on, and that there is supposed to be feelings of excitement, but it didn't do a good job.

Scenes like people getting arrested, murdered, murdered again, tortured. There just wasn't any feeling in it for me.
  • SillyBoyBlueSillyBoyBlue Posts: 3,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does everyone want everything explained to them in five minutes? It was very easy to follow, there's a conspiracy that will unravel over the six episodes. I'll be watching next week.
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it. I have decided to let programmes take me where they want to take me this year rather than endlessly analyzing things the nth degree. Life is so much more fun that way.

I guess that Jessica Hyde knows something or has something they want. I think that is it because it is so wonderfully vague.

Sadly to see Wilson Wilson so injured and I think I will avoid anyone buying spoons, chillis, bleach and sand at the same time. They are probably up to no good.
  • elgransenor1elgransenor1 Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this looks like something you'd cook up after a weed trip.

like a cross between the kill list, the matrix and scanners, and not as good as any of them :D
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that kept me glued. Love the length too, hope they all go past the hour mark. Contemporary issues, nicely shot, interesting mix of characters... and had two of the leads from that film Kill List which unsettled me no-end when it was shown on Ch 4 films a couple of months ago!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like the Utopia website has crashed
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Ah half watching this on +1, if you lot can't make head nor tail, I've got no chance, I need to pay attention and probably piece it all together, so I'll give this series a miss, Blazing Saddles is on ITV4.

I'll check the thread out of curiosity see if the storyline is explained.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clearly the whole idea of the show is that the main characters uncover this parallel universe that only those who are connected to the comic can see, very much like the matrix.

whether any of the stuff in it is particularly new or cutting edge, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well according to the internet it featured the worst torture scene ever and made people physically sick, or scarred them for life.

Am I just super desensitized to stuff like this, or are they over reacting? I didn't bat an eyelid at it, it was so mild. Oh he got Chilli's put in his eyes, then they scooped them out with a spoon. Big whoop.
  • spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To me there was something Clockwork Orange about it. The eyes bit was gross :eek:. I'm not really sure what the hell's going on, but I will probably tune in next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    or rather I should say uncover that the reality we're supposed to believe is real, and that this schizophrenic guy who wrote this comic was the only one who could see the true reality.
  • Vexille1Vexille1 Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only thing I can make of it, is it was filmed in Liverpool!

...apart from the bits that were filmed in London!! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went on the Utopia website and saw it would take them 46 hours to find me.
  • TOFFEEMAN1878TOFFEEMAN1878 Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Series Record set!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very intriguing and exciting.