The New Renee Zellweger ???

Comments

• BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donovan5 wrote: »
    To be fair I would never have guessed it was her from that pic either,I know she's older now but anyone who knew her just from Bridget Jones would not see any of these pics and think it was the same woman.
    I bump into people I knew at school nearly 30 years ago and they still recognise me and I've a lot less hair than I had back then.
    I cant see how anyone would believe she hasn't had major work done

I follow her career on and off so have seen her change over the years so I guess if the last time people noticed her was during the BJ era, then I guess she will look very different to them. :) But the reality is, the only major work she's had done is upper lid blepharoplasty, and this is often done for medical reasons as overly heavy drooping eyelids (which she had) can impair vision. I really think that's why the impact is so great because her eyes were a very distinctive part of her look. But she had that done in (far as I can recall) late 2012/early2013 so this is not new to anyone who's familiar with her. But also, I don't think the Elle pics are particularly flattering, the lighting is harsh and her styling (oddly for Renee who's usually immaculate) is very poor. As I said earlier, lots of candids of her out and about over the past few months where she looks lovely. Different, but still lovely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you - I thought it was just me!!

Yes, she's had some work done - but it's hardly on a par with Pete Burns. She still looks pretty much the same, albeit with a few 'tweaks'.

As for whoever made the comment about her boyfriend - how shallow. She clearly adores him and maybe he is intelligent, funny, kind, generous and all those other important things - even if he isn't an archetypal 'Hollywood hunk.'

I know, Pru, what can you do? He is of course very probably all those things you list, and also very talented. http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/2013-03-28/music/eric-clapton-s-secret-weapon-doyle-bramhall-ii-isn-t-playing-any-games/

And he is a bit of a hunk, underneath the 'fro. ;-) http://www.doylebramhall2nd.com/pics.htm
  • HystericGlamourHystericGlamour Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    Bela wrote: »
    I follow her career on and off so have seen her change over the years so I guess if the last time people noticed her was during the BJ era, then I guess she will look very different to them. :) But the reality is, the only major work she's had done is upper lid blepharoplasty, and this is often done for medical reasons as overly heavy drooping eyelids (which she had) can impair vision. I really think that's why the impact is so great because her eyes were a very distinctive part of her look. But she had that done in (far as I can recall) late 2012/early2013 so this is not new to anyone who's familiar with her. But also, I don't think the Elle pics are particularly flattering, the lighting is harsh and her styling (oddly for Renee who's usually immaculate) is very poor. As I said earlier, lots of candids of her out and about over the past few months where she looks lovely. Different, but still lovely.

Thank you, Bella. I can't believe some of the rubbish I've read today, such as plastic surgeons claiming she's had all manner of things, which is merely a cynical ploy to inform people of what services they offer. I see the Daily Mail has also done one of it's typically bitchy articles where it just stops short of saying what she's had done, but practically hammers the reader over the head with enough evidence so that only an idiot wouldn't get it. "Is it her eyebrows? Look at the before and after photos of her eyebrows. Look at the is close up of her eyebrows. And eyes. LOOK AT HER EYES!"
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2802261/are-renee-zellweger-s-unkempt-anti-cara-eyebrows-reason-looks-different-lick-photoshop-drastically-alters-appearance.html
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    This is a candid from a week ago and is a far better guide imo to what she actually looks like rather than these 'shock' pics. - http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/renee-spotlight/renee-zellweger-will-take-spotlight-at-savannah-film-festival-01.jpg.
    Slightly disingenuous in that you can't even see her eyes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, Bella. I can't believe some of the rubbish I've read today, such as plastic surgeons claiming she's had all manner of things, which is merely a cynical ploy to inform people of what services they offer. I see the Daily Mail has also done one of it's typically bitchy articles where it just stops short of saying what she's had done, but practically hammers the reader over the head with enough evidence so that only an idiot wouldn't get it. "Is it her eyebrows? Look at the before and after photos of her eyebrows. Look at the is close up of her eyebrows. And eyes. LOOK AT HER EYES!"
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2802261/are-renee-zellweger-s-unkempt-anti-cara-eyebrows-reason-looks-different-lick-photoshop-drastically-alters-appearance.html

^ Absolutely that! Oh and you're welcome, the rubbish is pretty frustrating to read.
    jzee wrote: »
    Slightly disingenuous in that you can't even see her eyes.

It wasn't intended to be disingenuous, just more to show her face (shape), and her lips/mouth which someone (somewhere!) also accused her of having had work done on. As I said above, the eye surgery is possibly as much as 2 years old so I wasn't out to highlight that. This is from May 2014 and you can see the eyework quite clearly here - http://cdn03.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/renee-hands/renee-zellweger-doyle-bramhall-iii-hold-hands-06.jpg
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    I haven't seen such a change to an actor's appearance since Mickey Rourke's boxing career.

Yep. She looks nothing like how she looked before. Even Boy George didn't look completely different when he lost a load of weight.
  • fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    I haven't seen such a change to an actor's appearance since Mickey Rourke's boxing career.

Have to say I agree, I would not have known who that was, she looks completely and utterly different :o...and what I know about her I like but to pretend that she looks pretty much the same, again :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved how she used to look. Why on earth did she get her face done? Surely her face is a precious asset as an actress. I feel so sad for her now.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, looks like I've upset a few of Renee Zellweger fans here by commenting on her surgically enhanced eyes & her boyfriend's hairstyle.

This article suggests otherwise:

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/10/21/renee-zellweger-plastic-surgery-face-experts-pics/

Even 92.1% of Hollywoodlife readers have voted YES when asked:

HollywoodLifers, do you think Renee had plastic surgery?
  • chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks like a mixture of Robin Wright and Katie Couric...and it's not supposed to be a compliment.

Girl, whatever happened to your career?
  • Pixie24Pixie24 Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Thank you - I thought it was just me!!

Yes, she's had some work done - but it's hardly on a par with Pete Burns. She still looks pretty much the same, albeit with a few 'tweaks'.

As for whoever made the comment about her boyfriend - how shallow. She clearly adores him and maybe he is intelligent, funny, kind, generous and all those other important things - even if he isn't an archetypal 'Hollywood hunk.'

I really don't know what all the fuss is about here.

I thought it was just me too! I don't think she looks that different - she has naturally high cheekbones and you can see wrinkles round her eyes and on her forehead. There are plenty out there who look a hell of a lot worse!
  • daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to say I agree, I would not have known who that was, she looks completely and utterly different :o...and what I know about her I like but to pretend that she looks pretty much the same, again :o
    I know .. that's the shocking thing. My partner showed me a pic and told me it was an actress I knew well (on screen etc) but it didn't look like anyone I knew .. and certainly not Rene.
    If this is a result of being happy and making better lifestyle choices then it's not a particularly good advert for it. I'd better stay miserable .. at least my loved ones will recognise me :D

I wish she would just be honest .. it's a bit odd to say that claims of plastic surgery are just 'silly' .. it's up to her what she does but be truthful fgs or you'll scare the life out of people by making them think that they may wake up with a completely different face one day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pixie24 wrote: »
    I thought it was just me too! I don't think she looks that different - she has naturally high cheekbones and you can see wrinkles round her eyes and on her forehead. There are plenty out there who look a hell of a lot worse!

WHAT?! You have to be joking! Seriously?
  • Pixie24Pixie24 Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    WHAT?! You have to be joking! Seriously?

No I'm not! I genuinly can't see what the fuss is about especially as a lot of the comparison pictures are of her Bridget Jones days when she was a) a lot younger and b) a lot bigger!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pixie24 wrote: »
    No I'm not! I genuinly can't see what the fuss is about especially as a lot of the comparison pictures are of her Bridget Jones days when she was a) a lot younger and b) a lot bigger!

I just.....can't believe it.
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    She is a different person , getting old does not changed a face that much .
  • The DaneThe Dane Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Droopy eyelids that obscure vision is a family trait in my family. My brother had surgery to remove excess skin on his eyelids and he did not end up with the look ms Zellweger has around her eyes. He looks like himself without the excess skin...
    I think Ms Zellweger looks pretty, yet generic now. No longer the pixie, the huggable sweetheart, who is always recognisable. Age isn't the issue for me here, recognisability is.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The smug hamster-face is no more? From now on an anonymous Channel 5 TV thriller movie lead? Uh-huh.
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she looks weird. The thing is she looked pretty before but in a very distinctive way and she has lost that. It's a nonsense for her to claim that she hasn't had anything done.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    I don't get why people have the audacy to act like she owes any explanations why she looks the way she does. So what if she had plastic surgery, why should she explain it to anyone? And funnily enough the same people who most likely drove her to the possible plastic surgery by commenting on her looks for years, are now commenting on her partners looks.
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she looked lovely before and she looks nice now but just so different that it is a bit of a shock.

I feel strangely sad about it though in a way I cannot explain.

It will be interesting to see how it affects her career.
  • SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't quite put my finger on what she's done. If you look at individual features, most of them look the same or nearly the same as before, yet somehow her entire face looks different. I would not recognise her if I didn't know who it was.

I suspect that she's had an upper eyelift and a brow lift, combined with different make up on her eyebrows.

Isn't Renee part Saami? Which would make mocking her eyes racist. Not that it would be acceptable if she's not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why people have the audacy to act like she owes any explanations why she looks the way she does. So what if she had plastic surgery, why should she explain it to anyone? And funnily enough the same people who most likely drove her to the possible plastic surgery by commenting on her looks for years, are now commenting on her partners looks.

Why deny it for then? I think she has anyway. She could simply have said yes and then left it at that.
  • QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never understood why people were so mean about the way she looked. I've always thought she was cute, especially in Empire Records, Down with Love, Bridget Jones and Me, Myself and Irene. She still looks nice now, just a tad different.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quixotic wrote: »
    I've never understood why people were so mean about the way she looked. I've always thought she was cute, especially in Empire Records, Down with Love, Bridget Jones and Me, Myself and Irene. She still looks nice now, just a tad different.

I don't think there was anything wrong with the way she looked before. Unfortunately though, some people tend to take notice of what others say about their looks rather than just thinking to themselves, am I happy with my face? If they are, de hell with what some others think. I think everyone, or almost everyone, will get their looks criticised for some reason. What matters is if that person likes their face. Other people's opinions on it don't matter, especially if it's a negative opinion.