'feminist terrorists'opposed bikini-focussed campaign because they a

Comments

• jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    The woman in the picture is clearly not unhealthy, quite the opposite.

I didn't say she was :confused:
  • GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    jesaya wrote: »
    I can't say I get overly worried about a bit of poster defacing to be honest - sometimes it can be quite amusing.

Ok but some of us still believe in law and order, and this was far from amusing given that it led to violent threats against the company.
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The woman in the picture is clearly not unhealthy, quite the opposite.
    The fruit loops actually compliment the model in their fury! :D:D

http://oi60.tinypic.com/wqsi9c.jpg
  • edward_mckenzieedward_mckenzie Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    Hilar. Only as I said, I don't believe a word of it. He sounds like an immature idiot making stuff up to annoy people. And his products sound like such worthless crap that they should be banned for misleading people, never mind the hideous advertisements.

can we just go 5 mins without banning something? its tiring
    Forum Member
    Ok but some of us still believe in law and order, and this was far from amusing given that it led to violent threats against the company.

i agree. law breaking isnt a trifle matter especially with the ugly escalation that happened here.
  • yourpointbeing?yourpointbeing? Posts: 3,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    So SJW's and the usual loony lot have scored a massive own goal boosting the guys millions. Nothing new there.

Hilarious stuff! :D
    Does that make you feel better? Imo you still look a backward thinking ignorant dinosaur
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hilar. Only as I said, I don't believe a word of it. He sounds like an immature idiot making stuff up to annoy people. And his products sound like such worthless crap that they should be banned for misleading people, never mind the hideous advertisements.
    Yea ok the link is from The Sleaze but who the hell had heard of Protein World before a bunch of wacko's decided to go round defacing ads?

Now the entire nation knows! That's brilliant PR! :D

And what part do you find 'hideous' about the advert? The slogan.....or the female model in a bikini? :confused:
  • too_much_coffeetoo_much_coffee Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They defaced their own posters and sent themselves bomb threats?

Quite possibly. Very clever ploy if they did.

I wouldn't be surprised if they got a couple of complaints, responded inappropriately and then ramped up the indignation for their own means. The MD came across as arrogant and calculating when he was interviewed.
    jesaya wrote: »
    I can't say I get overly worried about a bit of poster defacing to be honest - sometimes it can be quite amusing.

Unfortunately none of the defacing has been as good as this one

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=+poster+if+this+car+was+a+lady&view=detailv2&&&id=2E80D734366A7010CFAFB92B7925813A1600D2F9&selectedIndex=40&ccid=IL1PfTjX&simid=608023874797896900&thid=JN.4yfaDaLlhQNbtHX6%2b4q1cg&ajaxhist=0
  • bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Couldn't we just show him some goodwill, after all we live in a multi-cultural world and everyone has the right to buy into consumerism even if we find it abhorent.
  • Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But listen an believe surely? that's what i keep hearing from feminists and SJW's
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    can we just go 5 mins without banning something? its tiring
    Not in this case, no. I am generally liberal, but have strong feelings about marketing clearly worthless products as weight loss products. And there is something emetic about their 'get off your arse and do something!" oratory when they are actually encouraging people to do no such thing, but to try and buy and illusionary slimness. You will see that the model says that she has 'worked very hard' to stay slim, not that she has 'bought a ton of expensive crap and sat shovelling it down my throat'.
    Yea ok the link is from The Sleaze but who the hell had heard of Protein World before a bunch of wacko's decided to go round defacing ads?

Now the entire nation knows! That's brilliant PR! :D
    You don't think there was an element of 'PR' in spending hundreds of thousands of pounds on plastering tube stations with hundreds of billboards?
    And what part do you find 'hideous' about the advert? The slogan.....or the female model in a bikini? :confused:

The concept. The model is pretty, but so are the Dove ones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What were the tweets?

Presumably the company telling the outraged to grow up but i'm sure that sexist or something..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The concept.
    "Are You Beach Body Ready"? :confused:

Hhmmmm.....could easily be sales blurb for some factor 10 sun screen lotion. After all, the only image is a bikini clad model which you will see on any beach, though more often without a top.
    The model is pretty, but so are the Dove ones.
    Yes i agree, she looks pretty fit eh?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bspace wrote: »
    Couldn't we just show him some goodwill, after all we live in a multi-cultural world and everyone has the right to buy into consumerism even if we find it abhorent.
    What has multi-culturalism got to do with selling worthless products with deceptive advertising? Do you suppose there is some cultural element deserving of respect that believes in false advertising?
    Skyclaw726 wrote: »
    Presumably the company telling the outraged to grow up but i'm sure that sexist or something..

It was linked above. They were chortling that a protester with a history of very serious anorexia had a mental problem. Very mature.
    Forum Member
    Not in this case, no. I am generally liberal, but have strong feelings about marketing clearly worthless products as weight loss products. And there is something emetic about their 'get off your arse and do something!" oratory when they are actually encouraging people to do no such thing, but to try and buy and illusionary slimness. You will see that the model says that she has 'worked very hard' to stay slim, not that she has 'bought a ton of expensive crap and sat shovelling it down my throat'.

You don't think there was an element of 'PR' in spending hundreds of thousands of pounds on plastering tube stations with hundreds of billboards?

The concept. The model is pretty, but so are the Dove ones.

you seriously want this banned? for what? what are the limits of this banning legisaltion you wish for?

It is a ridiculous idea. We dont need cotton wooling to decide if something is worthless or not. I strongly object to you making that decision for me. I think youneed to consider what you are saying.
    Forum Member

Hhmmmm.....could easily be sales blurb for some factor 10 sun screen lotion. After all, the only image is a bikini clad model which you will see on any beach, though more often without a top.

totally different campaigns. Dove is after girls to make them smell nice. This ad is after girls who want to get their bodies into shape. So obviously a model was chosen who looks fit.

SJWs did their nut as usual lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have obviously not made myself clear. A factor 10 sun screen lotion is a good and sensible product. No one would object to an advertisement that showed someone, for example, packing some sunscreen in preparation for going to the beach.
    d
    This advertisement is selling the idea that only extremely thin people are 'ready' for the beach. They are not selling something sensible, or useful; they are selling a lie, and a deeply unpleasant one as well. If you haven't mysteriously dropped to an extreme level of slimness by buying a lot of powders and tablets, you are clearly not 'ready'. They are trading on the belief that enough people have strong enough insecurities about their body to try absolutely anything, no matter how idiotic, to be worthy of being seen in public.

Not from using these products, I would be willing to wager a large sum.
  • EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member

Of course not, she got that way from busting her ass in the gym and eating right
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What has multi-culturalism got to do with selling worthless products with deceptive advertising? Do you suppose there is some cultural element deserving of respect that believes in false advertising?

It was linked above. They were chortling that a protester with a history of very serious anorexia had a mental problem. Very mature.

She does have a mental problem if she gets mad at that advert because it has a healthy body on it. They were rightfully mocked as should anyone who gets outraged over this advert.
  • yourpointbeing?yourpointbeing? Posts: 3,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sipped, well it is Wonkey:D

Quite, let alone the air brushing
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you seriously want this banned? for what? what are the limits of this banning legisaltion you wish for?

It is a ridiculous idea. We dont need cotton wooling to decide if something is worthless or not. I strongly object to you making that decision for me. I think youneed to consider what you are saying.

I have several times lodged complaints about advertisements for an equally ludicrous non-product called Raspberry Ketones. The ASA has warned them to pull the offending advertisements, but they come worming back every time with equally bad ones. I will persist though. It is my mission in life to bring just a tiny bit more honesty to advertising.

I don't really care what you claim that you want. I really don't think I am impinging on your human rights if I report advertisements that seem to me openly untruthful.

In this case, the advertiser has been more careful; they have made no claims at all, just hoping that they can rely on the self-loathing of people who are terrified of exposing themselves on a beach. But if I ever see them making any actual claims, I will be there and reporting like a shot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skyclaw726 wrote: »
    She does have a mental problem if she gets mad at that advert because it has a healthy body on it. They were rightfully mocked as should anyone who gets outraged over this advert.

:confused: She was sectioned with life-threatening anorexia. Mock away, if it makes you happy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused: She was sectioned with life-threatening anorexia. Mock away, if it makes you happy.

I don't care about her physical condition she's an idiot if this makes her angry.
    Forum Member
    I have several times lodged complaints about advertisements for an equally ludicrous non-product called Raspberry Ketones. The ASA has warned them to pull the offending advertisements, but they come worming back every time with equally bad ones. I will persist though. It is my mission in life to bring just a tiny bit more honesty to advertising.

I don't really care what you claim that you want. I really don't think I am impinging on your human rights if I report advertisements that seem to me openly untruthful.

In this case, the advertiser has been more careful; they have made no claims at all, just hoping that they can rely on the self-loathing of people who are terrified of exposing themselves on a beach. But if I ever see them making any actual claims, I will be there and reporting like a shot.

so you dont want banned as you realise they havent broken any rules. thank goodness for that. But kind though your offer is id rather make my own mind up than your nannying deciding what i can see or not.
  • GoldengayerGoldengayer Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    It'll give the women haters something to post about all through the night.