Options

EastEnders - Branning spoilers

I did It First!I did It First! Posts: 528
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone see the Daily Star today? it said Carol will take all her anger out on Jim in a sickening attack in two weeks time and call him a racist who hasn't changed. Then she bans all her brothers from the funeral claiming they are all racists and not welcome!

Looks like Bryan Kirkwood knows the Branning history pretty well.

Comments

• Options
    walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    Wow... looking forward to seeing this. Thanks for posting.
  • Options
    ghettoBLASTER!ghettoBLASTER! Posts: 5,220
    Forum Member
    Max wasn't racist though. We know he tried to distance himself from it however we haven't heard about whether Jack was. Of course we know Derek was. This could be interesting.
  • Options
    a4514a4514 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    whose derek?? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    a4514 wrote: »
    whose derek?? :o

The really bad Branning. He only appeared in 1996 when Jim and April (Carol's other sister) joined but was a full on racist. Jim was as well but not on Derek's scale.
  • Options
    a4514a4514 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    ohhh ive been watching ee since i was a kid but cant seem to remember derek !! so he was another one of carols brothers ?
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,957
    Forum Member
    :rolleyes: if they want us to feel sorry for carol they wouldn't be going the right way about it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Max wasn't racist though. We know he tried to distance himself from it however we haven't heard about whether Jack was. Of course we know Derek was. This could be interesting.

Max definitely isn't racist, Derek was worse than Jim. Jack doesn't seem racist. On a other note didn't Jim say a while back he had delivered 7 kids?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    a4514 wrote: »
    ohhh ive been watching ee since i was a kid but cant seem to remember derek !! so he was another one of carols brothers ?

Yep Derek is the oldest brother.

Its

April
    Derek
    Carol
    Suzy
    Max
    Jack

Derek appeared at April's wedding in 1996. She was marrying a Turkish man and the whole thing turned into a racist rally. He was only in those few episodes but April was around for a year while Jim returned later on and became full time. Suzy also appeared here but was played by a different actress. Neither Max or Jack did however.
  • Options
    liliroselilirose Posts: 10,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This sounds great. I look forward to the Branning/Jacksons taking centre stage soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hulllad10 wrote: »
    Max definitely isn't racist, Derek was worse than Jim. Jack doesn't seem racist. On a other note didn't Jim say a while back he had delivered 7 kids?

Well he only has six kids that we know of (see above). Maybe they lost one? although saying that. Both Suzy and Carol had kids as teenagers so maybe it was one of them.
  • Options
    nickymongernickymonger Posts: 11,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone see the Daily Star today? it said Carol will take all her anger out on Jim in a sickening attack in two weeks time and call him a racist who hasn't changed. Then she bans all her brothers from the funeral claiming they are all racists and not welcome!

Looks like Bryan Kirkwood knows the Branning history pretty well.

Or the writers do ;) BK is mainly going to be responsible for vetoing storylines, changing direction and the style of episodes. He isn't writing the episodes or solely deciding storylines ;)
  • Options
    nickymongernickymonger Posts: 11,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Given Jack dated Chelsea; I'd say we can conclude he isn't racist ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Given Jack dated Chelsea; I'd say we can conclude he isn't racist ;)

I've never thought Jack was but maybe Carol will tell us he followed the crowd when younger. Jim's mates locked Max in a coffin for not doing as he was told so makes you think about what Jack got up to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never thought Jack was but maybe Carol will tell us he followed the crowd when younger. Jim's mates locked Max in a coffin for not doing as he was told so makes you think about what Jack got up to.

It's about time they revisited the past especially with Jack. He has been in EE for 3 years and we hardly know who he is.
    I would love to find out more about Jack and Max's childhood.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lilirose wrote: »
    It's about time they revisited the past especially with Jack. He has been in EE for 3 years and we hardly know who he is.
    I would love to find out more about Jack and Max's childhood.

The Branning's are a great family because there are so many of them. It's a shame John Bardon's health has protentially stopped storylines they had planned. I'd love to see Derek, Suzy and April all back to fully explore them. Be the first time we have ever had the full set on screen at the same time. Like you say loads to find out about Max and Jack's childhood.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the Brannings too. I always thought that they had plans when they brought Jack in EE, but due to John Bardon's health they probbaly had to scrap a few things. Now that Carol is back they can do something with the Brannings.
    Can't wait.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Branning's are a great family because there are so many of them. It's a shame John Bardon's health has probably stopped storylines they had planned. I'd love to see Derek, Suzy and April all back to fully explore them. Be the first time we have ever had the full set on screen at the same time. Like you say loads to find out about Max and Jack's childhood.

The Branning's are IMO the most complex and "human" family in the show right now. There's a genuine feeling of affection between all of them on screen but also a sense of deep regret regarding Jim. I think all of them love him but cannot reconcile the man they knew and the one they see now.
  • Options
    ned flandersned flanders Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Branning's are IMO the most complex and "human" family in the show right now. There's a genuine feeling of affection between all of them on screen but also a sense of deep regret regarding Jim. I think all of them love him but cannot reconcile the man they knew and the one they see now.

Well put!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah didnt max say that his best mate as a kid was black and thats how jim locked him up!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah didnt max say that his best mate as a kid was black and thats how jim locked him up!

Yeah he did, I thought they could have brought the best mate in
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    whos funeral is it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    baybee wrote: »
    whos funeral is it?
    Billie Jackson's
  • Options
    blue_cobaltblue_cobalt Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Why would Carol start accusing Jim of being racist? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would Carol start accusing Jim of being racist? :confused:

Because when he first appeared in the early 90's he was.
  • Options
    blue_cobaltblue_cobalt Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Because when he first appeared in the early 90's he was.

Yes but why would she call him racist now?