Is Ken Bruce leaving?

BohochicBohochic Posts: 370
Forum Member
Over a year ago it was said that Ken Bruce was to be axed from Radio 2. Does anyone know if this is still on the cards?

Comments

• zingzing Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's got to be one of the longest hosts there surely?
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bohochic wrote: »
    Over a year ago it was said that Ken Bruce was to be axed from Radio 2. Does anyone know if this is still on the cards?

"it was said" , yes, in the Dail Fail which makes the story null and void. Long may he continue,
  • RutakatekiRutakateki Posts: 2,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would he be axed?

If it was 'on the cards' over a year ago, I'm sure they would have gotten round to it by now.

O/T- I thought he was a good sport taking part in Jon Holmes' 'Ken-Bruce-master' a couple of weeks back. Made me chuckle! He won a CD wallet that Jon Holmes had nicked from his desk.
  • Mapperley RidgeMapperley Ridge Posts: 9,922
    Forum Member
    As has been pointed out, it was "said" by the BBC hating Daily Mail and repeated by certain erstwhile posters on here who were praying for it to be true. It wasn't and it isn't.
  • RutakatekiRutakateki Posts: 2,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I posted about the same time as Ramsay Ladders. tbh, it did have the whiff of tabloid b*ll*cks to me.
  • BohochicBohochic Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Delighted to hear it was a stupid rumour:p
  • AlanOAlanO Posts: 3,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "it was said" , yes, in the Dail Fail which makes the story null and void. Long may he continue,

To be fair to the Mail / Mail on Sunday, it did correctly announce Wogan's retirement and that his replacement would be Evans.

It's possible that this story running actually prevented KB's replacement - which I for one am grateful for as his is one of the few progs on R2 worth listening to.

Sadly, I suspect he's likely to be the next to be replaced on the daytime line up and, after the "appointments" of Evans to replace Wogan and Feltz to replace Sarah Kennedy, who knows what horror will replace Ken? I suspect it will be somebody who shouts alot and talks about 'me, me, me' all the time - probably Zoe Ball.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AlanO wrote: »
    To be fair to the Mail / Mail on Sunday, it did correctly announce Wogan's retirement and that his replacement would be Evans.

But how many other prophesies have they made that have not turned out to be true.
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AlanO wrote: »

It's possible that this story running actually prevented KB's replacement - which I for one am grateful for as his is one of the few progs on R2 worth listening to.

Sadly, I suspect he's likely to be the next to be replaced on the daytime line up and, after the "appointments" of Evans to replace Wogan and Feltz to replace Sarah Kennedy, who knows what horror will replace Ken? I suspect it will be somebody who shouts alot and talks about 'me, me, me' all the time - probably Zoe Ball.

Or even worse, Tarbuck. To be honest I have all but given up on Radio 2 apart from Ken's show nowadays. next weeks breakfast cover does nothing for me and having Feltz on earlies is the final straw for me I think.
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No!! He's not leaving. He has holidays to spend with his family. I think he signed a long contract before Douglas left.