Options

what do people think of Inter-racial dating?

Comments

• Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Benry_Gale wrote: »
    I'm torn on this. On one hand I have no problem with say, a black and white person marrying, but on the other hand I find it a shame, as it means in a few thousand years different races will all die out and we'll be left with one boring, coffee coloured mass. So yeah. no objection from any race/political point of view, I just think it's a shame to destroy the diversity in the world.

Yeah, but as long as people are happy with their partners that's all that matters.
  • Options
    4EvaOptimistic4EvaOptimistic Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    1MJ1 wrote: »
    You obviously don't agree. What was all that fuss about Apartheid in South Africa about then? By your reasoning there is nothing wrong to exclude certain people simply because of the colour of their skin, something that your mother is capable of doing.

No I don't. Please read Benry Gale's. They have effectively said what I said in another way, maybe you'll get what I mean then?? In retrospect I shouldn't have quoted what my mum said in this thread as she is not here to talk for herself, perhaps I'll point her to it and you and her can continue this discussion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I don't. Please read Benry Gale's post below mine. They have effectively said what I said in another way, maybe you'll get what I mean then?? In retrospect I shouldn't have quoted what my mum said in this thread as she is not here to talk for herself, perhaps I'll point her to it and you and her can continue this discussion.

I know that it is not you as I did read your post. I was committing on your mum's comment who wouldn't marry a white person simply because he is white.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,664
    Forum Member
    mr dude to be is mixed, so its not like its something new to him, ive dated pretty much everyone so ive never it as a issue but some of them have and that was mainly down to religion not colour.
    cant say i have really thought about it that much till being on this forum, seems DS is overly interested in peoples race and who they shag.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm torn on this. On one hand I have no problem with say, a black and white person marrying, but on the other hand I find it a shame, as it means in a few thousand years different races will all die out and we'll be left with one boring, coffee coloured mass. So yeah. no objection from any race/political point of view, I just think it's a shame to destroy the diversity in the world.

How so? Unless you force people to marry interracially, this won't happen. Furthermore, you'd have to force black and brown people to marry white people. Koreans are as pale as some white people; a Korean and white person's child would look white.

There are still many, many monocultures in the world which lack diversity simply because they are monocultures. There will always be diversity. People tend to stick with their own kind on the whole and lack of movement, resources, desire, whatever means that most people will be born, live, love and die in the same place.
    Besides, you won't be around in a few thousand years so I wouldn't worry.

ETA: I agree with mongodude.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mongodude wrote: »
    mr dude to be is mixed, so its not like its something new to him, ive dated pretty much everyone so ive never it as a issue but some of them have and that was mainly down to religion not colour.
    cant say i have really thought about it that much till being on this forum, seems DS is overly interested in peoples race and who they shag.

Really? Were you around during my 3 month drink bender as I don't recall you at any other time :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

but thats not how genetics work and not every race is in every country so are in the right proportion to homogenise.

i dont understands peoples view that we are just going to end up one colour or something, i mean if you look at most mixed race familys now you see a massive range in looks and shades so why folk think diversity is going to be lost i cant understand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really? Were you around during my 3 month drink bender as I don't recall you at any other time :D

well you live in newcastle as do i so unless you were so drunk as to not remember a rather short hairy transsexual man then your safe :D
  • Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    but thats not how genetics work and not every race is in every country so are in the right proportion to homogenise.

i dont understands peoples view that we are just going to end up one colour or something, i mean if you look at most mixed race familys now you see a massive range in looks and shades so why folk think diversity is going to be lost i cant understand.

Exactly. My uncle is Indian and my aunt is a pale Russian. Their 4 daughters are a complete mix. One is blonde and pale, one is dark with red hair, one has light brown skin and dark hair, the youngest has darker skin and blue eyes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    1MJ1 wrote: »
    I know that it is not you as I did read your post. I was committing on your mum's comment who wouldn't marry a white person simply because he is white.

Yes but what my mum has said, is not plain black and white (excuse the pun) as you are making out. She wouldn't not date or have a baby with a white man because she "hates" the colour of his skin in a racist way, she would just prefer our race to continue. I'm sorry if you don't get that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes but what my mum has said, is not plain black and white (excuse the pun) as you are making out. She wouldn't not date or have a baby with a white man because she "hates" the colour of his skin in a racist way, she would just prefer our race to continue. I'm sorry if you don't get that.

yeah but thats the same reason that plenty of groups like the BNP use for wanting to ship out the non whites from this land, your race would continue if she had kids to a white/chinese/indian man, of course it would, its not like shes the last of her kind is it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well you live in newcastle as do i so unless you were so drunk as to not remember a rather short hairy transsexual man then your safe :D

Nope, it wasn't you then. Back to the drawing board to try and figure out who it was ;)
  • Options
    jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As in, black and white are two separate races and she would prefer the integrity of the black race to be preserved?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    its not like shes the last of her kind is it.

Fair comment but it's her view and I still respect it being so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jasvinyl wrote: »
    As in, black and white are two separate races and she would prefer the integrity of the black race to be preserved?

I think I have explained myself enough!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    I understand it's an issue for some, fail to comprehend why on a personal level. I've dated men of different races to myself, race/ethnicity really isn't something that factors into the date-or-not-to-date equation.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I get what you mean and have done from the start. A lot of my friends have asked me how can I date/marry a white man. I said his race was of absolutely no importance to me and they said they just couldn't do it.

More fool them. A lot of black women sell themselves short by not dating other races out of some sort of misguided loyalty to black men. Black men have no problem dating outside of their race, but some black women can't get their heads together. Why would you settle for some no good black dude when there are men of other races that can make you happy?

My mother experienced horrendous racism growing up and she wasn't keen on her children dating interracially. One day I just asked her why she was so unhappy when I was clearly happy with my now husband. She couldn't answer, but after that, she just changed. She told me that the world was a different place and she had to get over herself. She now chastises anyone that has something negative to say about IR relationships.
  • Options
    jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I have explained myself enough!

Crikey. My first foray into the discussion and I get shouted at.

If you don't want to answer, that's your prerogative, but perhaps have a think about the question.
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mum is far from racist but I guess it's easy to use that word when you don't understand something. In my book a racist is someone who dislikes someone of a different colour, will not associate with someone of a different colour and in this case would forbade their child to date another race and bring another race into their home. My mum is NONE of those things!

My mum sees beauty in all races including her own, hence she would like to see the black race continued. As much as I am attracted to white men - I GET THAT!

Pardon me, but that's utter poppycock. If a white mother said she wouldn't like her children to have mixed relationships and children because she wanted her white race to continue she'd be labelled a racist , and you know it.
    For years white people have been told skin colour is irrelevant and that we're all the same, however now it's ok to want your race to continue undiluted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trunkster wrote: »
    Pardon me, but that's utter poppycock. If a white mother said she wouldn't like her children to have mixed relationships and children because she wanted her white race to continue she'd be labelled a racist , and you know it.
    For years white people have been told skin colour is irrelevant and that we're all the same, however now it's ok to want your race to continue undiluted.

Yeah, it's one of the worst attitudes as far as racism is concerned...keeping the bloodline pure and all that. As a black person myself, I find it a bizzare attitude for other black people to take. Haven't they learnt anything about racism?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I get what you mean and have done from the start. A lot of my friends have asked me how can I date/marry a white man. I said his race was of absolutely no importance to me and they said they just couldn't do it.

More fool them. A lot of black women sell themselves short by not dating other races out of some sort of misguided loyalty to black men. Black men have no problem dating outside of their race, but some black women can't get their heads together. Why would you settle for some no good black dude when there are men of other races that can make you happy?

My mother experienced horrendous racism growing up and she wasn't keen on her children dating interracially. One day I just asked her why she was so unhappy when I was clearly happy with my now husband. She couldn't answer, but after that, she just changed. She told me that the world was a different place and she had to get over herself. She now chastises anyone that has something negative to say about IR relationships.

Thank you!!

I don't want to get into any kind of arguement on this thread but when people are accusing my mum of being racist, my blood starts to boil! Some people fail to see the bigger picture and if you don't date outside of your race you are racist. Some people's reasons do stem back to the way they were brought up, what black people had to deal with hundreds of years ago or simply the reasons my mum has.

My mum has her views but they are her own, she knows how I feel about dating outside of my race and has NEVER had a problem with it. Black, white, she we welcome you into her home.

I get what you mean about some black girls though :D, got to be with the black guy, the same guy that's no-where to be seen doing "his thing." But god forbid they went out with a white guy even if he was trustworthy and loyal. Obviously people of all races cheat but I'd rather be with the right person regardless of what colour he is!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Right...

I have already explained myself enough on here, the views quoted are my mum's not my own.

If you don't get it, so be it. I couldn't care less.

I'm done!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jasvinyl wrote: »
    Crikey. My first foray into the discussion and I get shouted at.

If you don't want to answer, that's your prerogative, but perhaps have a think about the question.

Oh and just to clairfy I didn't shout! I had posted enough comments on here for you to read back on. If what I had posted previously you didn't get, well then you're not gonna get it. Life's like that - we don't agree on everything!
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right...

I have already explained myself enough on here, the views quoted are my mum's not my own.

If you don't get it, so be it. I couldn't care less.

I'm done!

It's agreed then, you mum does have racist views - but it's ok as it's aimed at mainly white people.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,030
    Forum Member
    I know of loads of black women who *say* they would'nt date outside their race , and then found out they have been having affairs with white men. GO FIGURE:rolleyes: