Options

Mysterious rumbling and crashing at night

2»

Comments

• Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    In case anyone wants to know, it was a fox squeezing through the cat flap, jumping into our recycling bin and rummaging among the plastic bottles and cardboard. Cheeky little fellow.
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    fefster wrote: »
    In case anyone wants to know, it was a fox squeezing through the cat flap, jumping into our recycling bin and rummaging among the plastic bottles and cardboard. Cheeky little fellow.

a) You have your recycling bin indoors?
    b) How do you know it was a fox rummaging through your recycling bin?
    c) Was there no evidence of this before? In my experience foxes aren't the tidiest of rummagers.
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Elyan wrote: »
    a) You have your recycling bin indoors?

b) How do you know it was a fox rummaging through your recycling bin?

c) Was there no evidence of this before? In my experience foxes aren't the tidiest of rummagers.

a) Yes, it's one of the box plastic boxes and when it gets filled up in the back porch, we roll the blue bin round and tip it in.

b) We set up the video camera to capture the evidence

c) No, he was rummaging but obviously nothing fell out. It's quite a deep box I guess.
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    a) Yes, it's one of the box plastic boxes and when it gets filled up in the back porch, we roll the blue bin round and tip it in.

c) No, he was rummaging but obviously nothing fell out. It's quite a deep box I guess.

i have to say i'm disappointed.
    i had my fingers crossed for ghosts.....:(
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moved into a new house and there are strange happenings.

Not every night, but at least 4 nights, this has happened.

3am
    An almighty crash and rumble from downstairs in the kitchen we think. It sounds like someone has stacked 20 pans into a pyramid and pushed them over.
    Then it stops.
    We run downstairs and all is quiet. Nothing is out of place. Nothing has moved or fallen over.
    It's freaking us out. What could it be?

New to you or new house? could be settlement, if a brick cracks, could cause a loud sound but then nothing as the strain has been removed in the energy release.
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member

Ah, I see.

So what do you think might have caused the huge crashing noise?
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    New to you or new house? could be settlement, if a brick cracks, could cause a loud sound but then nothing as the strain has been removed in the energy release.

you need to read the posts immediately before yours.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apologies. :blush:
    But if you leave the tv and laptops unplugged and outside the front door, I won't need to disturb you again.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    Moved into a new house and there are strange happenings.

Not every night, but at least 4 nights, this has happened.

3am
    An almighty crash and rumble from downstairs in the kitchen we think. It sounds like someone has stacked 20 pans into a pyramid and pushed them over.
    Then it stops.
    We run downstairs and all is quiet. Nothing is out of place. Nothing has moved or fallen over.
    It's freaking us out. What could it be?

"THEY'RE HERE"
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Sounds like you've got the makings of a sink hole so be careful.
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member

Aw, bless!! ;-)
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bloody foxes they are vermin
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    You might have a ghost. You need to call Ghostbusters. Failing that try The Exorcist. I'm sure he can help ;-)