Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment

Comments

• Options
    Dominatrix_BexDominatrix_Bex Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlizzardUK wrote:
    Then there is that god awful toilet roll advert where they try to make it look real by the woman throwing the toilet roll back to the presenter but it misses. Oh yeah, that wasn't planned, oh no, it must be real, she must be a real member of the public doing it for free and ubiased, oh yes..

I hate that advert

First off, it makes women look pretty bloody stupid - If someone came up to me with this balmy toilet roll stuff I wouldn't make such a fuss over it. Would anyone??

And secondly - The woman with the freakishly wide eyes scares the living bejesus out of me :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    What about the new home pregnancy test. I never thought I would hear a voice-over saying "The most advanced technology you've ever peed on!!" :o
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The advert for Domestos where the germ is saying/singing "I'm going to give you Diarrhoea" & it is to the tune off London Bridge is falling down.Horrible ad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Freckles_ wrote:
    "Little Ellie Kelly, the cutest shoes...oh yeah"

Probably not the right brand name, as I usually just scream when it comes on...which is about twice in each ad break on all the kids channels! :mad:

Jumping Jesus, I hate that advert. I think it goes something like "Lelly Kelly the cutest shoes, oh yeah, With Lelly Kelly we are so cool, oh yeah!" I forget how the rest of it goes because I've usually kicked my way out of the house through the nearest exterior wall and gone on a stabbing rampage by that point.

For the benefit of readers fortunate enough not to have seen this advert, it's for a brand of children's shoes. They're nasty-looking violent-pink trainers with sparkly bits on, and they come with a free plastic mobile-phone-shaped 'compact' which holds nasty-looking violent-pink make-up. The advert itself seems to be dubbed from German and features three girls (who all look about 5) jumping up and down, pretending to use their 'phones' and applying the unpleasant make-up. It is truly horrible.

Every time my 4 year-old sees it, she says she wants it. She has no idea how close she is to being put up for adoption.
  • Options
    chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yes all buying birthday presents for their "posseeeeeeeee"
    maybe to go with the birthday card reading "happy birthday grandma - 30 today"
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Chief wrote:
    I agree about the ones for ASDA with the singing kids.
    They make me shudder every time they come on.

Kids sound terrible when they all sing lets face it. Kids can't sing!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marroo wrote:
    I wouldn't mind getting a grip of her mum ! :D

Then you would have to put up with the kids :D:D:D
    I agree, though, she is worth a grip :p:p;);)
  • Options
    SmeggypantsSmeggypants Posts: 16,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote:
    Actually Fabreze is a b****y good product, works wonders even with puppy accidents and other doggy smells. As for chemicals well sorry even my aged old knowledge can tell that with all the other stuff we spray, wipe and coat our homes with one more ain't going to do that much more harm.

I do agree the advert is probably doing Fabreze more harm than good.

Oh dear! The "were poisoning ourselves already so let's poison ourselves even more!" argument.

Allergies, asthmas, IBS cancers, etc,etc are all on the increase. 1 in 3 get cancer these days. Humans have spent millioins of years evolving immune systems to cope with natural chemicals. Over the last 100 years we've been introduced to millions of man made chemicals.

Two wrongs don't make a right I'm afraid. You don't have to contaminate yourself with this stuff.

I don't spray any 'chemicals', or wipe any 'chemicals' in my house, and I certainly wouldn't be so crazy as to spray something like Febreze. Crikey some people even spray their pets with the vile stuff. They should be reported to the RSPCA.

You can get natural plant based cleaners. E-cover is a good brand and one I use.

Still in the spirit of forum respect, you use what you like. I just hope you don't expose any children or pets to the stuff. Because they don't have a choice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I alos hate adverts that sell a product as an orgasmic utopia. Come on!!! :(

Very ironically I've currently got the programme Sexcetera showing on Living TV2 at the moment. About half hour ago they were showing people having a wicked time having multiple orgasms in group sex on a beautiful venuzualen beach in the sun.

And then the adverts came on and Kellogs tried to sell me their Bliss Bar as being the ultimate experience. I couldn't help but laugh.

Kinda puts it all in perspective doesn't it. :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,259
    Forum Member
    markbus wrote:
    What about the new home pregnancy test. I never thought I would hear a voice-over saying "The most advanced technology you've ever peed on!!" :o
    Hehe!
    I thought that was hilarious! Surely just taking the pee?

Oh and yes, ryanwilliams, kids cannot sing.
    The new ASDA ads are a beautiful example of that... oh and cheap tacky promotions too. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Chief wrote:
    Hehe!
    I thought that was hilarious! Surely just taking the pee?

Oh and yes, ryanwilliams, kids cannot sing.
    The new ASDA ads are a beautiful example of that... oh and cheap tacky promotions too. ;)

For cheap and tacky clothes. Makes sense in a twisted way :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For cheap and tacky clothes. Makes sense in a twisted way :)
    What do you mean "cheap and tacky clothes"?!?!
    Fred and Fanny isn't it? They're all over Milan this season dontchaknow! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    New to this thread...but it's great!

I can't bear the sensodyne advert that's on at the moment where the woman goes on about her sensitive teeth and chocolate habit....there's something about the way she speaks that irritates me - chocoLIT was the worst culPRIT - and the whole ad is just generally patronising and annoying.

That lynx anti persperant one with the guy who sprays water from his armpits whenever he lifts up his arms is stupid as well...and it's seemingly on every ad break too for extra irritation.

Have to say that any of the Herbal essences adverts are the ones I most dislike. The notion that washing your hair with this stuff is some sort of orgasmic experience is stupid and actually done in really bad taste that I find quite offensive, and I'm not a prude!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    These Dolmio ones are starting to really really annoy me now! :mad:

"It'sa my Dolmio day!!" <slap>

The music really grates too.
  • Options
    iampukingiampuking Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i hate the saab one with the plane noises, it says "having experience with keeping planes in the air, we make sure our cars stay glued to the road" - it's not like anyone is worried about their car coming off the road!! Tell us something useful!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    iampuking wrote:
    i hate the saab one with the plane noises, it says "having experience with keeping planes in the air, we make sure our cars stay glued to the road" - it's not like anyone is worried about their car coming off the road!! Tell us something useful!
    OMG! Thanks for reminding me of another one!
    How could I forget?

The awful Honda advert with the orchestra of people making screeching and humming noises in a car park.
    If that's what it's like to drive a Honda, I never ever want to buy one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand DFS adverts either, the new one with that awful electronic music! ARGH!!
    and PC world adverts, it's so obvious that they've been reading a script as they answer the customers questions instantly!
    ASDA adverts with the crappy singing children, arghG!H!GH!GH
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Hamlet77 wrote:
    Actually Fabreze is a b****y good product, works wonders even with puppy accidents and other doggy smells. As for chemicals well sorry even my aged old knowledge can tell that with all the other stuff we spray, wipe and coat our homes with one more ain't going to do that much more harm.

I do agree the advert is probably doing Fabreze more harm than good.

I've gone off Febreeze since overhearing two 30 something chav-esque women looking at a top in next...

Chav 1: Ooh, look at that, it's really pretty with all those sequins
    Chav 2: That'd look great for the xmas party... Wait, ach, it's dry clean only.
    Chav 1: Oh, I wouldn't worry, Just give it a squirt with Febreeze, you can keep wearing it for weeks.

*needs slighty ill looking smiley*

The probiotic yoghurt adverts irritate the hell out of me. By digestive discomfort, do they mean uncontrollable guffing? An over priced sugary yoghurt is not going to sort that out. And I don't care what their so called research claims, gving it to 82 people then asking them if they feel better isn't a sodding clinical trial. :mad:

/wanders off muttering
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the yoghurt ones aswell, actimel i think! They bring in loads of women to ask about how their stomach feels, its like, MEN HAVE STOMACH PAINS ASWELL! Why have you just asked women?!?!?

Oh and I loath that orange one, where she is walking around someones 'thoughts' it's so pretentious, and it's so obviously been advised by some college graduate who wanted to show off how much money orange could spend on adverts...
  • Options
    kinseyjafkinseyjaf Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gerry d wrote:
    The advert for Domestos where the germ is saying/singing "I'm going to give you Diarrhoea" & it is to the tune off London Bridge is falling down.Horrible ad.
    Somehow this ad always comes on UKTV Food ,puts you right off your food as well!!! :(
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kinseyjaf wrote:
    Somehow this ad always comes on UKTV Food ,puts you right off your food as well!!! :(

Yup and always shown at tea-time too :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Chief wrote:
    These Dolmio ones are starting to really really annoy me now! :mad:

"It'sa my Dolmio day!!" <slap>

The music really grates too.

The Glasgow versions here are much better
    http://www.wido.co.uk/html/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=38
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luxor wrote:

Bloody brilliant :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Chief wrote:
    What do you mean "cheap and tacky clothes"?!?!
    Fred and Fanny isn't it? They're all over Milan this season dontchaknow! :rolleyes:

No George at Asda. :confused::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iampuking wrote:
    I hate the yoghurt ones aswell, actimel i think! They bring in loads of women to ask about how their stomach feels, its like, MEN HAVE STOMACH PAINS ASWELL! Why have you just asked women?!?!?

Yeah, I'm a man and I suffer from IBS, and thus I am uncomfortably bloated very often.

And no that Actimel crap doesn't help one bit.
This discussion has been closed.