Options

The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »
    so busy day today...........but at least it is getting lighter in the evenings , that's something that is bound to make things feel better.

Ilove the idea of getting dressed up georgy, trouble is my OH doesn't ! so he avoids these kinds of events....one day I am going to set him up properly. He looked good all dressed up for our daughters graduation....

Time just keeps vanishing so fast at the moment, I know just what you mean, you think you have loads of time, and then all of a sudden its Monday again and you wonder where the past week has gone.

daughter has gone skiing with her friends .....it was fun seeing them off at the airport, you could spot they were going skiing a mile off...I think it was the salopettes and jackets that did it! it

It was lovely Augusta

Mine moans to, i think all the men do about getting dressed up, but they did look good.
    I wore a simple black dress, but with statement pieces of jewellery felt princess like :blush::D

hope your daughter enjoys her time skiing, which airport did they fly out of, it is fun
    seeing people of at the airport.......great people watching place, a hive of activity.

hope everyone has a good day :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know what happened to John James? He was uploading pictures every couple of days on his Instagram and tweeting quite a lot and then he stopped tweeting and deleted his Instagram it looks like....

I think he works in the neverlandstore clothing shop in Melbourne, they were talking about filming something called Leafy Langy and nothing happened, unless it was a joke.

No sorry Luke, have no idea....... but you know what he's like......... he often disappears for a while........ then pops up again, when he feels like it :D
  • Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Morning all

How are we all? Sorry Luke, haven't heard a peep from John.

Hope your daughter has a lovely time skiing. I used to ski in Andorra when I was younger and fitter. Loved it.

Going to go out tomorrow - first time in 4 weeks! Still coughing, but much better.
  • Options
    augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    Morning all

How are we all? Sorry Luke, haven't heard a peep from John.

Hope your daughter has a lovely time skiing. I used to ski in Andorra when I was younger and fitter. Loved it.

Going to go out tomorrow - first time in 4 weeks! Still coughing, but much better.

it would be nice to hear something from John James, but then again I am glad he seems to be busy and enjoying his life.

hopefully he will be able to look back on BB11 as an interesting interlude in his life?

She went out from Stanstead, but there are so many airlines that fly out to Geneva, trouble is taking ski equipment isn't that cheap, so it makes more sense to hire stuff out there. She is in the Porte de soleil region of France, which is breathtakingly beautiful xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning all

Skiing sounds wonderful - I know the resort and it is beautiful.

Sad tidings - a friend from the village collapsed outside her home. She died yesterday from a brain haemmorhage. Only 58. A year to the day my dear friend died of the same thing. Life can be very cruel.

Makes me want to live each day to the full.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning all

Sad tidings - a friend from the village collapsed outside her home. She died yesterday from a brain haemmorhage. Only 58. A year to the day my dear friend died of the same thing. Life can be very cruel.

you never know quite what is going to happen next do you. I wonder if it is best to die almost instantly or to go through a long lingering death from something like cancer, where you know its coming and can really set your affairs into some kind of order.

Life can be very cruel indeed

Half term next week, I love half terms great fun.

Just started to watch Fortitude, which was extremely slow to start off with, but it rapidly growing on me, and did anyone else see this weeks Comic relief does bake off, with Jennifer Saunders and Dame Edna everage, it was absolutely hilarious. and so good to realise that baking can be extremely difficult...........!!

is anyone doing anything special for Valentines day? we are going out for a meal with friends tomorrow night,?

luv m
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning all

I,m so sorry to hear this
    how very sad ...... 58 no age at all really is it

sending wishes your way :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    you never know quite what is going to happen next do you. I wonder if it is best to die almost instantly or to go through a long lingering death from something like cancer, where you know its coming and can really set your affairs into some kind of order.

Life can be very cruel indeed

Half term next week, I love half terms great fun.

Just started to watch Fortitude, which was extremely slow to start off with, but it rapidly growing on me, and did anyone else see this weeks Comic relief does bake off, with Jennifer Saunders and Dame Edna everage, it was absolutely hilarious. and so good to realise that baking can be extremely difficult...........!!

is anyone doing anything special for Valentines day? we are going out for a meal with friends tomorrow night,?

luv m

Nope no valentine plans, well my valentine is away again
    never mind

spent this weekend watching sport
    barely moved from in front on the tv
    and the result have mainly gone my way
    well if we ignore our poor showing in the world cup cricket starting match .

the England rugby win was good....... but Italy shouldn't of gone over 3 times .... poor
    defence

and a Liverpool win in the FA cup ....... sees us going through to the next round
    very pleased :D

now i need to pop out for milk
    its a exciting life :D

keep well all xxxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning all

Hooked on the rugby this weekend. Also watched Indian Summers. Good but a bit slow I thought. Can't keep all the characters straight.

Spent Valentine's day at Home - had some bubbly and salmon en croute. Watched BRIDGEat Remegen and then I retired to watch the last episodes of SPIRAL. Left you hanging.

Have a good day all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    evening all we watched a Casual Vacancy as I loved the book.

Im t
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was having problems writing anything.!!

I am trying to make a family tree for my dads 80th birthday, only the immediate family really , but its a pain trying to find all the dates of birth for my nephews and nieces etc.

I also wanted to add the dates of birth of my grandparents, I did a sketchy family tree a few years ago, and now I cant find where on earth I put it,! So it will be back to genes reunited to check I suppose.........I got back to the mid 19th century, but then it started to get a bit complicated......as I was trying to trace a relatively common name....and I couldn't distinguish which one was which...when there are 4 or 5 John smiths, which one is going to be your ancestor??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    just had my pancakes, with sugar and lemon, sometimes you just cannot beat a traditional recipe....

what are your favourites?,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning all

Hooked on the rugby this weekend. Also watched Indian Summers. Good but a bit slow I thought. Can't keep all the characters straight.

Spent Valentine's day at Home - had some bubbly and salmon en croute. Watched BRIDGEat Remegen and then I retired to watch the last episodes of SPIRAL. Left you hanging.

Have a good day all.

The rugby was fantastic ...... really good matches :D

and of course 2 win to us..... looking good :p:D

how posh bubbly and salmon, hope you had a lovely Valentines day
    you deserve it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning all

How are we?

Cold but sunny - my two favourite types of weather.

No, don't celebrate pancake day - much prefer American buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup. Pancakes here are more like crepes... like them with sugar and lime.

Went out for the day yesterday - first big outing - really tired but I managed.

Take care and have a great day.

Highlight of my day is changing beds and having window cleaner come. . .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was having problems writing anything.!!

I am trying to make a family tree for my dads 80th birthday, only the immediate family really , but its a pain trying to find all the dates of birth for my nephews and nieces etc.

I also wanted to add the dates of birth of my grandparents, I did a sketchy family tree a few years ago, and now I cant find where on earth I put it,! So it will be back to genes reunited to check I suppose.........I got back to the mid 19th century, but then it started to get a bit complicated......as I was trying to trace a relatively common name....and I couldn't distinguish which one was which...when there are 4 or 5 John smiths, which one is going to be your ancestor??

Have fun with that
    you give such thoughtful gifts ...your Dad will love that

my sister did ours a few years ago
    its interesting ..... a few crooks ...... a couple of soldiers and a few do goods :D

what was really interesting......... on my Dads side the lot of them haven,t moved very far
    not great travellers or movers us :blush:

they all stayed in the same area...... give or take a few miles here and there .......
    strange really

good luck and i hope you're successful :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    just had my pancakes, with sugar and lemon, sometimes you just cannot beat a traditional recipe....

what are your favourites?,

eldest son went the same as you Augusta ..... sugar
    and lemon

Youngest ........ does not like

Hubs went with Banana and Golden syrup

me just the syrup

but no tossing around........ just had the kitchen decorated :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning all

How are we?

Cold but sunny - my two favourite types of weather.

No, don't celebrate pancake day - much prefer American buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup. Pancakes here are more like crepes... like them with sugar and lime.

Went out for the day yesterday - first big outing - really tired but I managed.

Take care and have a great day.

Highlight of my day is changing beds and having window cleaner come. . .

all good here Nyannie

weather roughly the same as you

pleased you made it out....... but rest up a bit today
    give yourself a chance to recover

i,m sure the beds can wait, no one will know.......
    not even the window cleaner ....... lol :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    so tonight is Wolf Hall and the inside look at the House of commons, and of course the Bake off for comic relief, tomorrow I am going to need to do something energetic.....!!

its beautiful weather here today, it was lovely taking the dogs out for their walk....

Poldark looks good
  • Options
    Forum Member
    so tonight is Wolf Hall and the inside look at the House of commons, and of course the Bake off for comic relief, tomorrow I am going to need to do something energetic.....!!

its beautiful weather here today, it was lovely taking the dogs out for their walk....

Poldark looks good

Morning all

watched Bake off last night ...... Jonathans profiteroles :o need i say more :D

but what a fun show

also watched Eastenders which i have not watched for years
    but even i want to know who killed Lucy Beale :blush:

the weathers good ...... shall walk down to the village later

hope you all have a great day :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning

I'm a little hive of energy this morning.

Friend coming Sunday til Monday so house is gradually looking tidy - just the guest loo and remaking bed - then a quick hoover on Sunday morning.

I too want to know who killed Lucy - haven't watched Eastenders for years. I am watching re-run of SOLDIER SOLDIER on Movies for Men station.

Have a mountain of ironing to do so best get on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    so who did kill lucy beale, ? I need to go and find out...

we had a lovely meal out last night, but nearly got stuck in the car park......I have never heard before of a car park locking itself up at 11!! luckily one of the other people also locked in showed us a way of overriding the barrier....!!!

But I don't think I will use this car park again!!!

have a lovely weekend everyone xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning

I'm a little hive of energy this morning.

Friend coming Sunday til Monday so house is gradually looking tidy - just the guest loo and remaking bed - then a quick hoover on Sunday morning.

I too want to know who killed Lucy - haven't watched Eastenders for years. I am watching re-run of SOLDIER SOLDIER on Movies for Men station.

Have a mountain of ironing to do so best get on.

Morning Nyannie

who would of thought it.......... well i never :o lol

Pleased you're a hive of energy....... i struggled to get out of bed :D

thought you might be interested in a programme i saw advertised last night

its on Sunday BBC 6pm the big artist challenge..... it looks very similar to the portrait artist programme that Augusta and i raved about ......... same sort of format but landscape painting by promising amateur artists

i shall be tuning in :D

good luck with the ironing mountain :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    so who did kill lucy beale, ? I need to go and find out...

we had a lovely meal out last night, but nearly got stuck in the car park......I have never heard before of a car park locking itself up at 11!! luckily one of the other people also locked in showed us a way of overriding the barrier....!!!

But I don't think I will use this car park again!!!

have a lovely weekend everyone xxx

Bib ........... who would of thought it :o

we have also been caught out like this with car parks ......... you have to be careful
    some close entry around here late at night but leave the exit open ......
    seem a far more sensible idea :D

hope you also have a lovely weekend xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    just playing around with some jewellery ideas, ive got a few things I want to make, now I need to put an order in for some more silver

Tried to do a bit of basic gardening, it was lovely spotting the crocus that are starting to sprout, I love their bright colours.

Did any one else see Gogglebox last night, they were watching Wolf Hall and commented on one of the rudest lines in the whole episode, it was a comment made about Jane Seymore and was the c word! I must admit I watched it on Wednesday and didn't even realise that it was said!! No wonder swearing rarely offends me! I think sometimes I must just tune out!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning Nyannie

who would of thought it.......... well i never :o lol

Pleased you're a hive of energy....... i struggled to get out of bed :D

thought you might be interested in a programme i saw advertised last night

its on Sunday BBC 6pm the big artist challenge..... it looks very similar to the portrait artist programme that Augusta and i raved about ......... same sort of format but landscape painting by promising amateur artists

i shall be tuning in :D

good luck with the ironing mountain :D

Thanks for the info re the Artists Challenge. Will watch it. We don't have Sky so didn't see the programme.

Friend coming for tonight and tomorrow morning. Haven't seen her in quite a while - she is going to be working in Oxford for a week.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend.

More later.