The Bill

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
Forum Member
✭✭
As of Monday 16th December, it appears that The Bill is not going to be aired on Watch. The TV mag up to December 21st is not showing it at all. I assume this will carry on over Christmas also, but the TV mag isn't on sale as yet to find out.
Anyone know if the show will resume after Christmas?

Comments

• pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes it will. it's taking it annual xmas break
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's about time they started showing the really early ones
  • Dan_CbbcDan_Cbbc Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was about to make a thread on this, I dont know about anyone else but im sick of seeing 2007-2010, at least this year we've got 2004-2006 so let's hope for 2001-2003 from January onwards, anyone agree?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    Here was me thinking I was the only one who enjoyed watching repeats ofThe Bill. I agree, I wish they would show the earlier stuff, when Des was in it and Don Beech. Alibi showed really early episodes a couple of years ago, but stopped suddenly! Hope Watch continues showing it after Christmas and doesn't just stop it all together!
  • SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    I'd like them to go back to the days of Steve Loxton and DI Galloway. Much as I like the later episodes, there are so many times I can watch them.
  • owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a reason why the earlier episodes are never shown. I am aare of may people who enjoy the glory years of Burnside, Roach Brownlow etc and yet these are rarely repeated. There are over 1000 episodes to choose from so why only show around the letter 200 or so
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    owl61uk wrote: »
    Is there a reason why the earlier episodes are never shown. I am aare of may people who enjoy the glory years of Burnside, Roach Brownlow etc and yet these are rarely repeated. There are over 1000 episodes to choose from so why only show around the letter 200 or so

Possibly something to do with the contracts signed by the actors vis a vis repeat fees

Personally I'd like to see a return to the days of Des Taviner and Reggie Babe
  • welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    rkid wrote: »
    It's about time they started showing the really early ones

May not have the rights to those anymore, especially as they're on DVD etc.
  • SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    owl61uk wrote: »
    Alibi used to show them, could be they still have the rights?
  • malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,127
    Forum Member
    They also like repeating the newer episodes as widescreen, and then the final year or so are HD.
  • mediatycoonmediatycoon Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Why do they insist on keep showing the Kristen/Zain storyline every year! We have all seen in so many times and are completely sick of it now! I just wish they would listen to us and rewind the tapes a bit to at least 1998. That way they have loads of episodes to go before we have to endure the new stuff again! On a positive note though, anyone else pleased that they are now showing two episodes a day rather than one and a repeat of yesterdays? I hope this is permanent because it was so pointless the way they were doing it before :)