Options

Gennie's death and Debbie's role in it (spoilers)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It seems that Debbie won't be charged with anything for her role in Gennie's death and covering up Cameron's murder. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

As far as I know the only consequences for her is Brenda refusing her apology and Andy telling her he's keeping the kids (and I am sure she'll get them back soon enough so she can again palm them off to anyone)

We all knew she would only get a slap on the wrist but it would be nice to be proven wrong from time to time.

Comments

• Options
    evoleevole Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »
    It seems that Debbie won't be charged with anything for her role in Gennie's death and covering up Cameron's murder. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

As far as I know the only consequences for her is Brenda refusing her apology and Andy telling her he's keeping the kids (and I am sure she'll get them back soon enough so she can again palm them off to anyone)

We all knew she would only get a slap on the wrist but it would be nice to be proven wrong from time to time.

And they are gearing up to humiliate Ashley AGAIN!! Debbie needs to see jail or at least get the sh*t beat out of her,lol!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evole wrote: »
    And they are gearing up to humiliate Ashley AGAIN!! Debbie needs to see jail or at least get the sh*t beat out of her,lol!:D

Well Ashley hit his daddy once two years ago so of course he deserves to be relentlessly humiliated and to lose everything.

Only characters who sell poisoned alcohol, kidnap people, threaten to kill them with a shotgun, cause a car crash while aiding and abetting a murderer, destroy evidence and lie to the police - deserve to get off scot free :rolleyes:
  • Options
    lolasofielolasofie Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She does get the kids back because her and Cain take them to Scotland on holidays next friday .
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Ashley hit his daddy once two years ago so of course he deserves to be relentlessly humiliated and to lose everything.

Only characters who sell poisoned alcohol, kidnap people, threaten to kill them with a shotgun, cause a car crash while aiding and abetting a murderer, destroy evidence and lie to the police - deserve to get off scot free :rolleyes:

Yes, so it seems. Princess Debbie must always get away with it.
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fantastic news :D:D:D
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the horrible feeling that Debbie would get a lot of leeway with the CPS, because she is helping the police to trap a serial killer (who lets face it will probably kill again). Personally, I think she does deserve some time in jail, but I wonder if in reality she would get it, considering what she's risking?

Housing Ashley with Maurel is horrible, but on the upside it could be the beginning of Laurel realising what an idiot Marlon is and going back to Ashley (with a lot of grovelling). Perhaps they're trying to rebuild that family? They certainly need to do something with Ashley.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lolasofie wrote: »
    She does get the kids back because her and Cain take them to Scotland on holidays next friday .

How nice:rolleyes: so it's just a telling-off from Brenda then she's off on holiday :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the horrible feeling that Debbie would get a lot of leeway with the CPS, because she is helping the police to trap a serial killer (who lets face it will probably kill again). Personally, I think she does deserve some time in jail, but I wonder if in reality she would get it, considering what she's risking?

Housing Ashley with Maurel is horrible, but on the upside it could be the beginning of Laurel realising what an idiot Marlon is and going back to Ashley (with a lot of grovelling). Perhaps they're trying to rebuild that family? They certainly need to do something with Ashley.

No. The police cannot use her like that and then arrest her for her crimes afterwards. If they want to arrest her for her crimes then they have to do it, not use her and then do it.
    They've decided that Cameron is the danger to society and although serious, Debbie's crimes don't match up to those of a serial killer.
    How nice:rolleyes: so it's just a telling-off from Brenda then she's off on holiday :rolleyes:

She goes on holiday to get away from it all. Sarah is being bullied at school because Cameron was a murderer.

Just because Debbie isn't going to prison doesn't mean she isn't punished. She has to live with what she's done for the rest of her life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you watch Orange is the new black? It's what I wish for princess Dobbeh :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    No. The police cannot use her like that and then arrest her for her crimes afterwards. If they want to arrest her for her crimes then they have to do it, not use her and then do it.
    They've decided that Cameron is the danger to society and although serious, Debbie's crimes don't match up to those of a serial killer.

She goes on holiday to get away from it all. Sarah is being bullied at school because Cameron was a murderer.

Just because Debbie isn't going to prison doesn't mean she isn't punished. She has to live with what she's done for the rest of her life.

Come on even you don't believe that. As if she's going to lose sleep over it? How long did it take her to get over Gennie's death? two or three days? Four at most.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is just one long :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: and rightly so...Debbie is a disgrace and now Rhona is gonna lose her kid for taking a few pills and kissing Vanessa....where's the justice, haha:D:D
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on even you don't believe that. As if she's going to lose sleep over it? How long did it take her to get over Gennie's death? two or three days? Four at most.

Exactly.
  • Options
    MaddaleneMaddalene Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    She did have to sleep with Cameron. Cruel and unusual punishment not enough eh?
    ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you watch Orange is the new black? It's what I wish for princess Dobbeh :D:D:D

YES!!! That show is great and perfect for Debbie, hahahaha, perfect!:D:eek::D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But dont you remember according to Debbie she had nothing to do with Gennie's death! :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes I do believe it because it's true.

We've had this argument before.
    They move all the characters on quickly because no one wants to watch weeks of people grieving.

For what it's worth I do think Debbie deserves a stint in jail.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I do believe it because it's true.

We've had this argument before.
    They move all the characters on quickly because no one wants to watch weeks of people grieving.

Wasn't Debbie all like don't let the door hit your ass on the way out about Nikhil leaving? She don't give a F.....I see jail, lol.:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't Debbie all like don't let the door hit your ass on the way out about Nikhil leaving? She don't give a F.....I see jail, lol.:D:D

I believe it was more she was glad he was gone so she didn't have to watch him and Molly because she felt guilty over Gennie.
  • Options
    80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think she deserves a stint in jail, and not just for her hiding Carl's death and her reckless driving. She has got away with a hell of a lot over the last couple of months. IMO, the scriptwriters took her 'gangster' behaviour too far - realised that the character was becoming unpopular so they have written the Cameron finale to fit with her redemption. Surely she deserves some sort of punishment? Even Cain got hit over the head for his sins.
  • Options
    ofniofni Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she now even more of a Dobbeh, now she's dobbed Cammo to the Fuzz?
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

do they
    take the kids? I thought andy had them?I thought it was wales that they're going to?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do they
    take the kids? I thought andy had them?I thought it was wales that they're going to?
    They take the kids because Sarah is being bullied at school after the Cameron stuff. Andy wants the kids to stay with him while it all blows over but as said the last time he can't keep Debbie away as she has full custody. I think they go with his blessing though, I've read nothing to suggest any fighting. And it is Wales
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hands up who DIDN'T think it would end this way? I was convinced all along that, as far as the law is concerned, she'd get off scott free. The villagers will turn their nose up at her for about 5 minutes then it'll all be back to normal. Just as I expected.

I know she's helped them in the last few days but the LEAST she deserves is a suspended sentence FGS. Gets up to any more bother and she'll be straight in the clink! The least she deserves but in reality she deserves more.

Though I have to say I'm watching the programme now and I did feel a teeny, tiny bit sorry for Debs when she was crying on the stairs. Note that she cried on the stairs though where the fuzz could see her not in her room ;):D
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Hands up who DIDN'T think it would end this way? I was convinced all along that, as far as the law is concerned, she'd get off scott free. The villagers will turn their nose up at her for about 5 minutes then it'll all be back to normal. Just as I expected.

I know she's helped them in the last few days but the LEAST she deserves is a suspended sentence FGS. Gets up to any more bother and she'll be straight in the clink! The least she deserves but in reality she deserves more.

Though I have to say I'm watching the programme now and I did feel a teeny, tiny bit sorry for Debs when she was crying on the stairs. Note that she cried on the stairs though where the fuzz could see her not in her room ;):D

Notice I haven't got my hand up, Lotteh. :rolleyes: I guess we all knew this was going to happen, long before we saw any spoilers. Dobbeh was always going to get off scot free, because she's apparently the star of the show who has to be in every ep and almost every scene.

And yes, it wasn't nice seeing her crying halfway up the stairs like little Robin the muppet, but she was happy enough to sleep with Cam and have his murdering hands all over her after she found out he killed Carl. So no sympathy here I'm afraid. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? That's some detour for Cain from Yorkshire via Pembrokeshire to Scotland. :eek:
    Where does it say he takes the kids?