Options

Espn Usa?

Hello,

I do hope somebody can shed some light on this query.

I was in Costco earlier today and the were showing ESPN with a blue logo, it was highlights of the Argentina match from the other day. All the televisions were stunning HD, from a check of ESPN's listings, ESPN News would have been showing worldcup highlights around the time I was shopping.

Is there a alternative ESPN channel, kicking about that can be viewed?

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    koogakooga Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    on the open night of the world cup I did a blind search of astra 23.5 and picked up espn America two feeds one in English an done in Spanish, nothing since then.
  • Options
    HarshadHarshad Posts: 5,996
    Forum Member
    i think you need to ask Costco how they got ESPN USA in the first place, there is no alternative ESPN not FTA anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    going on Friday so I shall check it out and maybe sneek a pic.
  • Options
    Blue HawkBlue Hawk Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    I think you will find that they had their dish at 15West. There are 2 Caribbean Channels showing ESPN!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Blue Hawk wrote: »
    I think you will find that they had their dish at 15West. There are 2 Caribbean Channels showing ESPN!

The op said the pictures were in stunning HD unless I've misinterpreted the post.
  • Options
    sat-iresat-ire Posts: 4,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harshad is right, it's not 15 west.

A pub couldn't really rely on a feed either.

It has to be via an IPTV box.
  • Options
    Blue HawkBlue Hawk Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    The 2 ESPN channels on 15West are in HD and are not feeds. They have been showing football, golf, tennis etc for the last 6 months!! The pictures I receive are as good as S** HD!!
  • Options
    the_viasat_guythe_viasat_guy Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 2 ESPN channels on 15West are in HD and are not feeds. They have been showing football, golf, tennis etc for the last 6 months!! The pictures I receive are as good as S** HD!!

1. No they're SD
    2. They're streched 4:3 into 16:9
    3. The 2nd ESPN channel is indeed a feed.
    4. They don't have the world cup on...
  • Options
    sat-iresat-ire Posts: 4,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 2 ESPN channels on 15West are in HD The pictures I receive are as good as S** HD!!

Check your cables!
  • Options
    packerbullypackerbully Posts: 2,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably an internet feed.

I have 4 ways of getting ESPN on my TV and the quality is HD in all but one. (Still better than SD though(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There's a espn of sorts on 10e but it's encrypted as well.
  • Options
    Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    Is it possible to try getting these channels off 15 West with a 90cm Dish in NW England?
  • Options
    pedro2000ukpedro2000uk Posts: 2,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it possible to try getting these channels off 15 West with a 90cm Dish in NW England?

You should be fine if it's set up well, should get it on smaller - 60 70cm maybe a z1
  • Options
    John896John896 Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    The strongest transponder for me is 11150 H 21600 3/4 Asda FM.
  • Options
    Dr.PhloxDr.Phlox Posts: 2,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the ESPN on 15w were all encrypted in PowerVu (AKA the decoder that has to "dial back" or re-verify its key every few minutes) and is "impossible" to decrypt unless you had an authorized box?

It's been a while since I've dabbled with multi-sat and I think I may get myself sorted out with some new kit as a I see it's ESPN Caribbean on there now, and in BISS rather than PowerVu, so I may stand a chance of receiving it.

FYI I've been watching ESPN USA via a Roku Box and a subscription to a US TV provider on there (not advertizing it!) HD quality near-as-dammit and looks good even on my shonky 50" 8 year old plasma!