Options

What's going to happen to Ken Barlow/William Roache?

xmel05xmel05 Posts: 8,079
Forum Member
I don't see the point of him now Deirdre is gone. Maybe William Roache will leave?

Comments

• Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I am sure he will carry on, there is still a family unit in the house.
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure he will carry on with Corrie.

It's really weird thinking that Ken & Deirdre will never have scenes together anymore. Like most of the older characters on Corrie you think they've been there as long as the show has.
  • Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back Barge lady
  • Options
    Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xmel05 wrote: »
    I don't see the point of him now Deirdre is gone. Maybe William Roache will leave?

Who knows but if they kill the character of Diedre off screen Peter will probably come back for the funeral maybe later down the line bring in a recasted Adam Barlow so the Barlow name can live on.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    Ken existed before Deirdre and will do now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .....................& a few spells inbetween too.
  • Options
    Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would make sense for him to bond with Roy and get involved with the Community Centre as that would suit his character
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's so sad that there will be no more Ken & Dierdre :(
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ken and Roy should definitelyb Strike up a friendship. Plus He still had Tracy and Amy to Call family :)
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

No way. However he will now be free to tell Tracy to clear off.
  • Options
    Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who knows but if they kill the character of Diedre off screen Peter will probably come back for the funeral maybe later down the line bring in a recasted Adam Barlow so the Barlow name can live on.

I don't think Anne would have wanted Ken to be killed off
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Ken will go on being Ken as he always has, with or without Deirdre!! Let's not forget they were apart for many years after Ken's affair with Wendy Crosier, during which time Deirdre met & married Samir & got involved with John Lindsay, which led to her stint in prison!! Which is not to say that her & Ken as a unit won't be sorely missed!!
  • Options
    AuntieSoapAuntieSoap Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ken will go on being Ken as he always has, with or without Deirdre!! Let's not forget they were apart for many years after Ken's affair with Wendy Crosier, during which time Deirdre met & married Samir & got involved with John Lindsay, which led to her stint in prison!! Which is not to say that her & Ken as a unit won't be sorely missed!!

Massively missed because in those times you always knew Ken and Deirdre would reunite. Given the age difference I always expected Deirdre to grow old at no. 1 reminiscing about Ken.

A true and rare soap icon is gone. RIP
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Martha's (Stephanie Beacham) barge may well float back along the weatherfield canal while he's walking Eccles.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would make sense for him to bond with Roy and get involved with the Community Centre as that would suit his character

Yes I agree.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's so sad that there will be no more Ken & Dierdre :(

Yes, it's like Jack & Vera, they just went together.
  • Options
    a01020304a01020304 Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

they should just axe the whole show instead, its totally unrealistic to real life
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    a01020304 wrote: »
    they should just axe the whole show instead, its totally unrealistic to real life

You want soaps axed just because they arent real to life? that is the whole point of them a little escape from reality.

Want real life? watch a documentary :)
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ken will continue for as long as Bill Roache is able to do so.

I imagine that Anne's passing will give him an even greater determination to continue in the show.
  • Options
    AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Recently there has been a bit of a spark between him and Audrey and she is single too and just saying the other night how she misses male companionship.
  • Options
    malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,642
    Forum Member
    Rita's never been married to Ken yet has she?

Now's the time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He will continue for as long as he wants. He will never be written out. The character of Ken is I think now in his late 70's, there are lots of men that age who are widowers and maybe Ken will see out his years as a widower, looking after Tracey.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ken will go on and on
  • Options
    rob_bangorrob_bangor Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    malpasc wrote: »
    Rita's never been married to Ken yet has she?

Now's the time.

ken and rita did have a fling in the early 70's
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have said he will quit I just cant see him sticking with the show now hes lost his on screen partner