CS: Why did the Nazir's and Windasses move here?

fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
Forum Member
I just don't get it why did Kal's whole family move to the street? He was only a personal trainer and next thing we know his whole family all moved over, why?

Same for the Windasses they seemed to find getting their kitchen burned as an invitation.

Why do whole families move because of one persons connection?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kal opened a gym with Dev, while Yasmeen opened up the community centre so she thought it was only convenient that they all moved over to the area.
  • TwentyFifteenTwentyFifteen Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    It's called stupid, opportunistic and predictable story telling.
  • llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Windass' are bad but the Nazir's are dreadful.
  • llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kazza81 wrote: »
    Kal opened a gym with Dev, while Yasmeen opened up the community centre so she thought it was only convenient that they all moved over to the area.

What even is that community centre? I've never seen anyone in there.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Nazirs had a lovely home. It can't have been far from Coronation Street because Emily and Norris (I think it was them) walked there for a meal. So why did they move to the small house in the street? And where do they all sleep in a 2-bedroom + box room house? Gran and grandad will have one bedroom and Kal the 2nd bedroom; that leaves Zeeden and Alya to fight over the box room and one of them ends up sleeping on the settee in the living room. Ditto Peter's 2-bedroom flat.: Anna and Owen have bedroom one, Faye the second bedroom; that leaves Gary sleeping on the settee.
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,855
    Forum Member
    It's crazy that all the characters have to live and work on the street. The Nazirs would have worked perfectly well if they'd stayed put, but I suppose they need to be able to walk out of their front doors and accidentally bump into various other characters as and when a storyline demands it :D Every story these days seems to rely on this happening quite often.

If Stan Ogden was around now I bet he would never get to dally with the woman from Inkerman St because he'd only do the windows in Coronation St.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Can't stand the family apart from Cal and his daughter, and the grandmother winds me up by just looking at her LOL
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    llgx wrote: »
    What even is that community centre? I've never seen anyone in there.

That is because there is no gym hall for birthday parties and private hires plus sport events. If there is not one of them then there is no community centre. Not even enough room for a youth club.

Roy is sentenced to be in there.
    Forum Member
    sam_gee wrote: »
    It's crazy that all the characters have to live and work on the street. The Nazirs would have worked perfectly well if they'd stayed put, but I suppose they need to be able to walk out of their front doors and accidentally bump into various other characters as and when a storyline demands it :D Every story these days seems to rely on this happening quite often.

If Stan Ogden was around now I bet he would never get to dally with the woman from Inkerman St because he'd only do the windows in Coronation St.

I imagine at the end of the final ever CS they will zoom out from above and all you will see is Coronation Street and everyone outside it being a muddy post-apocalyptic wasteland. That could actually be a good storyline. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    llgx wrote: »
    The Windass' are bad but the Nazir's are dreadful.

Alya is ok, but then again she is with Gary :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    sam_gee wrote: »

So true.
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both the Nazirs and the WIndasses are dreadful. I miss the Mortons :(
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bossy gran, Kal, and the miserable son are beyond terrible.

Alya is the only one I have any time for.
    GracieL wrote: »
    Both the Nazirs and the WIndasses are dreadful. I miss the Mortons :(
    They weren't much cop either.
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Alya still going out with gary?
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tim18 wrote: »
    Is Alya still going out with gary?

Yes she is :).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I didn't know better I'd say the Nazir's were introduced to push the Windstrong's out.

His lordship axed Katy, he has forced the Nazir family onto the street and into the Windstrong's house, Gary was forced to steal from Roy and since then Anna has been vile to Roy even though she used to be his friend. At some point Ian Puleston-Davies decided to quit and for a long time Izzy has been more like an extra. It's like the scriptwriters are waiting for these actors to get fed up and leave.

The Phelan plot was weak and there was no conclusion. Now Faye is with child.
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's clearly still a place for Anna, Gary and Faye as all are being given storylines. Owen and Katy are going and I can see Izzy following them soon enough as she really has no purpose now.

As for the Nazirs, I like Alya but not keen on the others. I wonder if we'll ever get to see another side to Zeedan other than the moody teenager act. It really is grating now. Kal is pointless also.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    There's clearly still a place for Anna, Gary and Faye as all are being given storylines. Owen and Katy are going and I can see Izzy following them soon enough as she really has no purpose now.

As for the Nazirs, I like Alya but not keen on the others. I wonder if we'll ever get to see another side to Zeedan other than the moody teenager act. It really is grating now. Kal is pointless also.

i agree :D
    but the mother is down soon with a secret :confused:
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It must be love of the cobbles.
    Forum Member
    Izzy is there to prevent disability discrimination. The Nazir's are to prevent race discrimination.

They are all token characters.
  • Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the Windass family, but not keen on the whole Nazir family and that includes Alya. The Nazi family do not work at all.
  • SoapAddict99SoapAddict99 Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Windasses moved because Anna wanted to find somebody to love-Pat Phelan.
  • mrsfojmrsfoj Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    It was pathetic to move the nazirs onto the street claiming they wanted to save on petrol money. Would happily see the back of all of them
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    To annoy us all. :(
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are Kal and the kids all living with the grandparents anyway?