Options

How old were you when you first started watching Eastenders?

EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
Forum Member
✭✭
I remember seeing an episode of Eastenders when I was 6 and it was the episode when Ian had all of his children together again after just getting Peter and Steven back and then I saw another episode when I was 7 and it was the may day bank holiday 1999 episode because I remember Melanie going out with Ian, Steven, Peter and Lucy and then I started watching it properly I think when I was 8

Comments

• Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I watched the first episode and I was 19 at the time. it was great back then.Woss gahn on nen 'Chelle? :D
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember bits from 1985, I was 11 then.
  • Options
    MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was five with my first memory though my family used to gather around my Auntys tv as a sort of ritual.
    My earliest memories was the YOU AINT MA MUVVA when I was five. Yup I've got a good memory..
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,851
    Forum Member
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    I watched the first episode and I was 19 at the time. it was great back then.Woss gahn on nen 'Chelle? :D

Me too, same age...born May 66
    Just watched out of curiosity really and still watching 30 years later
  • Options
    chatterbox57chatterbox57 Posts: 547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched it when it started in 1985 - wish I was that age again!! Left it for a few years around the early 90s - running after kids - and came back to it regularly around 1998. So there is a gap in my knowledge of the ins and outs of relationships.

I'm now 57
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I first became consciously aware of watching it when Tiffany Mitchell died, was that 1998? I'd be 7/8.
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    14, a couple of weeks off being 15 - in Feb 1985 when I watched the first episode. After having little else to choose between CS, Emmerdale Farm (as it was) and Crossroads, which were directed towards older viewers back then, it was nice to have a soap with quite a few teenaged characters, who were a similar age to myself.

Two quality episodes a week, and there were no spoilers, so we never had any idea what was going to happen other than a couple of lines in the Radio Times!
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    My first memory is watching Dirty Den being shot by a bunch of daffodils in 1989. I remember Mum and Dad getting all excited about it, so we all sat down as a family and tuned in. I was 9 then. I was a dedicated fan from that moment on, and never miss it!
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I watched the very first episode and I'm now 47 :)
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First ever time watching was the summer of 1996. Tony Hills, Simon Raymond, Tiffany and Bianca went on that memorable Blackpool trip.

I was 9 at the time. Think Jane Harris was the EP at the time.
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the start - I was 9 :)
  • Options
    demented yoyodemented yoyo Posts: 4,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was 12, it was the first episode :)
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    18 I am 19 now
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I watched from the start...I was 37.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seven!!!
  • Options
    spursboy68spursboy68 Posts: 4,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was 16.
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually I was 10. Doh. (#seniormoment)
  • Options
    BonesMcCoyBonesMcCoy Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    I don't know if it was from the very first episode, (I expect so as my late mother was a soap junkie), but definitely in 1985 with me aged 9.

I dipped out somewhere in the 90's due to personal stuff going on at home, but I remember Sharongate - it#s what made me a Shazza fan, but dipped out somewhere during the DiMarco era. Whenever that was. I heard that not only was Frank back and with Peggy but them two and Pat & Roy went on holiday and Frank and Pat had a thing on holiday.

I'm not sure when I got back into it but i remember the reveal (Peggy slapping Frank and Pat) , NuMartin (James A.) and the dreadful Ferreiras, so dates are very mixed and confused in my head to exact dates.
  • Options
    MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    I remember bits from 1985, I was 11 then.

Started watching in 1985 too.

Earliest story that I can vividly remember is Den's mistress Jan "miss silk knickers" Hammond turning up in the Queen Vic. This is dated 30th January 1986.
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was 11 when I watched the first Ep.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    25. I remember being at my parents and saying that I wanted to watch new show. My Mum hated it and never did watch it. She was a Corrie & Neighbours fan. I watched religiously for years but gave up when it got too many gangsters and lost the essence of what was at heart of it - family. Came back for a time and went again. It's now my favourite soap again as it's back to family again. Producers are building up the family units again to drive stories.
  • Options
    foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been watching from the start, so I was 10!!!! Jeez, I am OLD!!!
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been watching it since the start when I was 13
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    I remember 1991, Grant getting together with Sharon, Ricky eloping with Sam, Mark coming back etc. I'd have been 7.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember watching Sonia giving birth in around 2000, but the first time I actually started watching properly was in the Summer of 2001. I was 11. The first significant storyline I watched was when Melanie was kidnapped and Phil had to rescue her.