Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• ValentineValentine Posts: 3,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in a long queue going through passport control in a US airport and Dave Grohl was in it with what I assume was his wife, with a child in his arms. We were stuck in that queue for a while but DG was very friendly and chatty with everyone. No starry airs and graces for him.

I can't tell you how jealous I am, just love DG!!
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems that his portrayal in Extras was pretty accurate then. :D

That's what surprised me as, if he can take the mock out of himself like that, I thought he'd be 'normal' - also, I couldn't imagine Gervais mixing with tossers. I was so disappointed.
  • RrosesRroses Posts: 1,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    realwales wrote: »
    'Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads?' was repeated on BBC Two extensively around the late 1990s/early 2000s, and has been shown on BBC Four more recently. Gold show it quite often, as well as the original 'Likely Lads' less frequently (I think Drama has shown it was well), so this story isn't entirely accurate to say the least.

Well it's Bewes who is directly quoted as saying he is losing out, however misguided he may be or perhaps a stop was put on when New Tricks was running and that is what he vetoed specially if repeat fees are more substantial for the BBC, yes I know it has been repeated. Seems rather pathetic that Bewes is relying on a 40 year old programme to still pay his mortgage.
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    linmic wrote: »
    My most memorable one was meeting Freddie Mercury in Biba in London in the 70's. He was so different from what I expected. A very nice man.
    ]

I'm so jealous that you met Freddie, the greatest frontman of all time.....imo.
  • bigbrotherwafabigbrotherwafa Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JessieJ Is The Nicest Person I Have Ever Met I Love Her So Much I BROKE My LEG To Meet Her And She Visted Me In Hospital And Brought Me To Her Concert But Then The Daily Male Writed A Horrible Article About Me
  • Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    Otis gets the hunting thing from his mother's side of the family. Ferry was away touring a lot when the boys were little & unfortunately, the mother was a drunken coke head. And no, that's not libel, it's all well documented.

I must say, I'm surprised and pleased to hear that Ferry was nice. He's notoriously shy.

Didn't Ferry send that waste of skin Otis to Eton, no wonder he turned out like he did
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    Conehead wrote: »
    Does Gregg Wallace own Greggs?

Would people vote him out of Strictly first if he gave us Greggs? :D:D:D
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    JessieJ Is The Nicest Person I Have Ever Met I Love Her So Much I BROKE My LEG To Meet Her And She Visted Me In Hospital And Brought Me To Her Concert But Then The Daily Male Writed A Horrible Article About Me

You broke your leg to meet Jessie J? :o must admit you are committed :p

Just a few questions if that's ok?

1. How on earth did you get her number? :o and why did you text her? Or was that a daily mail fantasy?

2. I'm assuming Daily Mail got your gender wrong?

3. What was Jessie like to you when she met you after all of this supposed stuff :p

I'm quite amazed, can't say I'm amazed in a positive way however :p
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Is This you?:o:o:o
  • denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think you need to go and see a psychiatrist , that is not normal behaviour , and if i was Jessie J i would be scared of you .

And this is not meant in a nasty way , i am genuinely concerned for your mental health .
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is This you?:o:o:o
    I would hope poor Jessie doesn't have two fans like that!
  • kazmartinskazmartins Posts: 1,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MorganaNK wrote: »
    I've known Nik Kershaw for nearly thirty years (gulp!) and in all that time I can say he's never once been grumpy. He's really sweet, worries about his fans, and always spends time talking to them, posing for pictures, signing autographs and generally being a really great guy. My health flared badly a couple of years ago when I was supposed to go to a gig, a few days later I received a personalised signed VIP pass in the post... made my day.

I love him and was gutted that I missed his recent shows at MK :cry: my friends went and he chatted to them and took photos with them - my friend also kissed him on the cheek lol poor guy just laughed he is an absolute gent!! Any news on when he is coming back
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've known Nik Kershaw for nearly thirty years (gulp!) and in all that time I can say he's never once been grumpy. He's really sweet, worries about his fans, and always spends time talking to them, posing for pictures, signing autographs and generally being a really great guy. My health flared badly a couple of years ago when I was supposed to go to a gig, a few days later I received a personalised signed VIP pass in the post... made my day.

Although not a fan of his music he does seem nice, not so long ago he done a gig in Hertford and donated cash for the breast screening charity for a hospital trust the trust had posters up for it.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in a long queue going through passport control in a US airport and Dave Grohl was in it with what I assume was his wife, with a child in his arms. We were stuck in that queue for a while but DG was very friendly and chatty with everyone. No starry airs and graces for him.

Like most heavy rock stars i have met they are well grounded, and the people i have met 11 all were really nice,Phil Lynott, Phil Campbell (Motorhead) Micheael Schenker (UFO Micheal Schenker group,Scorpions, and the rest of his current band all very nice we had a great laugh,Black Star riders (Featuring Scott Gorham (Thin Lizzy. Who even gave us a private acoustic concert, all very down to earth.:)

Heavy Rockers in my experience are very pleasant on the whole.Who respect their fan base.:)

Oh i forgot in the 90s i met Chuck Berry wandering about behind the stage at Brentwood Leisure centre,he despite his reputation signed my programme and was happy to chat.
  • matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 1,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conehead wrote: »
    Does Gregg Wallace eat Greggs?

Fixed that for you :D
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is truly terrifying.

For your own sake. Please seek help.
  • MorganaNKMorganaNK Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    kazmartins wrote: »
    I love him and was gutted that I missed his recent shows at MK :cry: my friends went and he chatted to them and took photos with them - my friend also kissed him on the cheek lol poor guy just laughed he is an absolute gent!! Any news on when he is coming back

You can visit the official site or follow https://twitter.com/NikKershaw_HQ
  • MorganaNKMorganaNK Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Although not a fan of his music he does seem nice, not so long ago he done a gig in Hertford and donated cash for the breast screening charity for a hospital trust the trust had posters up for it.:)

His wife and her friend are doing a cycle ride in Africa next week in aid of this

https://www.justgiving.com/NickiandSarah/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=fundraisingpage&utm_content=NickiandSarah&utm_campaign=pfp-share
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is the trust based on the hospital site i work on we have the breast screening charity office here.:)
  • BarrymorefanBarrymorefan Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Stuart Pearce - didn't speak but signed my book for me. Tbf, it was after a game.
    Rob Newman - lovely man. Naff comedian but a very nice guy, who took time to speak to me before his gig.
    John Bishop - was late for his gig but still took a few mins to pose for photos and sign my book, he even mentioned myself and the other two guys who were waiting at the beginning of the show.
    Jimmy Carr - nice guy, was chatting for about 5 mins after his gig. Signed my book but wouldn't do photos. Fair enough though, he took the time to chat to everyone. Totally changed my opinion of him.
    Omid Djalili - top bloke!
    Justin Moorhouse - again, another top bloke, had a photo.
    Trevor Dwyer Lynch - Patrick from Corrie, nice guy.
    Dave Spikey - had a brief chat, a photo and got his autograph. Nice guy.

Hoping to meet Alan Carr, Michael Barrymore, Kevin Bridges, Peter Kay, Jason Byrne, Frank Skinner, Al Murray, Bruce Foxton, Bryan Ferry & Terry Christian. Does anyone have any stories good or bad??
  • CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter Kay is...well, a dick.
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have to admit I always got the impression Kershaw was never interested in being a star in his own right but saw it as the best platform to get his songs out there that primarily he was a songwriter and would have just as happy if not happier writting songs for other people. This doesn't surprise he always seemed like a nice guy with a concern for others and an unstarry attitude.
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    linmic wrote: »
    My most memorable one was meeting Freddie Mercury in Biba in London in the 70's. He was so different from what I expected. A very nice man.

And Bryan Ferry was lovely too.

Everything I've heard about Freddie that he was actually a very quiet man away from the spotlight.
  • 777Eilidh777Eilidh Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CRM wrote: »
    Peter Kay is...well, a dick.

I've never met him, but after reading his autobiography I was rather put off, which was a shame as I thought he was fantastic before reading it.
  • Danny_GirlDanny_Girl Posts: 2,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am spending a few hours with Michel Roux Jr next year as part of a group of 12 who he gives a cookery lesson to and then we eat the meal we have prepared together. Can't wait as he is my favourite tv chef. So hope he doesn't turn out to be a dick. Hope to post here afterwards saying what a top bloke he is :).