Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delicious

To be fair cavegirl's posting was from 2008 when Fed was still likeable along with Rolf, Stuart Hall and DLT. I wont mention Savile as he was never likeable even before we knew what we now know.
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    To be fair cavegirl's posting was from 2008 when Fed was still likeable along with Rolf, Stuart Hall and DLT. I wont mention Savile as he was never likeable even before we knew what we now know.

I think that's part of the problem with Talbot, and maybe it's part of his MO. Right up to the trial, and even during it (as I understand it), he came across as friendly, jolly and approachable. Just the sort of person, in fact, that teenaged boys would feel safe to trust and confide in.

Which makes the whole thing all the more gruesome.
  • samantha_vinesamantha_vine Posts: 1,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have only met a couple of celebs.

Toyah at one of her concerts. She's like a tiny little doll of stage, very nice.

Noel Edmonds seemed quite arrogant from my encounter, he certainly gives the ladies the eye.

Princess Dianna, I didn't actually meet her but were the only two women on an airport run way, she was greeting a row of military and I had to walk near them to get where I was going for my work. She seemed ever so tall and slender. She looked across at me and I got the feeling that she wasn't too happy that I had to walk past them, like I was disturbing the moment. My friend much later suggested perhaps one of the men was her boyfriend what's his name, the chap with there'd hair as it was about that time and location.

Bay City Rollers chappie, the singer Les, but won't go into detail as made a right idiot of myself! Only to say he looked slightly afraid. Oh dear.

Wow I thought Princess Diana was supposed to be pretty good with people. Obviously everybody has their own opinion of her but I know a.person at work who met her and said she was nice....

I guess sometimes.when you are that high profile sometimes it can get annoying having to be not caught off guard.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are peoples views on here about celebs signing autographs?
    I mean I guess its a nice thing to do but also I can see why some high profile stars decine since it must be annoying having to sign everytime you go out.
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    nick202 wrote: »
    I always think Stefan Dennis seems like a top bloke - he's got that relaxed aussie demeanour where he doesn't take things too seriously

God I love Stefan Dennis, always have. I would absolutely devour him if he came near me :o:D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trfYjucLGj0
  • damianswifedamianswife Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My old man has had lunch with Prince Charles on several occasions. ( probably not really a celeb as such ). Anyway,he said that Charles was charming and extremely well informed about the work himself was doing and they chatted for ages. He also said that HRH looked a bit shabby round the edges.:D
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    My old man has had lunch with Prince Charles on several occasions. ( probably not really a celeb as such ). Anyway,he said that Charles was charming and extremely well informed about the work himself was doing and they chatted for ages. He also said that HRH looked a bit shabby round the edges.:D

I was a waitress for Charlie once - he doesn't eat salmon and asked for egg sandwiches instead, philistine ;-)
  • wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know what you mean about Sa(vile), for years I've always thought he gave off a cold, unpleasant vibe, even more so after watching the documentary Louis Theroux did on him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow I thought Princess Diana was supposed to be pretty good with people. Obviously everybody has their own opinion of her but I know a.person at work who met her and said she was nice....

I guess sometimes.when you are that high profile sometimes it can get annoying having to be not caught off guard.

Lol, don't be fooled by the 'little Miss Butter Wouldn't Melt' image she portrayed whilst peeping shyly from beneath her fringe. My Dad used to know a policeman in the Royal protection squad, once cameras were round filming at Highgrove she went ballistic at the camera cables all over the floor, "get these f@cking cameras out of my f@cking way!"
    Also Charles and Eddie had a spat at Sandringham when Ed was dating Sophie, Charles wanted one particular bathroom for his use but Ed bagged it first for him and Sophe, Charles had a grumble and Ed told him to "f@ck off". A tale of every day folk just like you and me, squabbles over the lavvie and language to make your Nan blush.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know what you mean about Sa(vile), for years I've always thought he gave off a cold, unpleasant vibe, even more so after watching the documentary Louis Theroux did on him.

When he was trying to be warm, friendly and avuncular with children on Jim'll Fix It, it just looked so forced and unnatural.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When he was trying to be warm, friendly and avuncular with children on Jim'll Fix It, it just looked so forced and unnatural.

Even when he gave that rictus grin, the eyes were cold and dead looking. When people say "who you bring back from history", Savile so he could face trial and be shamed in front of the whole Nation.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even when he gave that rictus grin, the eyes were cold and dead looking. When people say "who you bring back from history", Savile so he could face trial and be shamed in front of the whole Nation.

Nah, he'd have just been vague about it all and threatened people with 'friends in high places'. Better to just bring him back and kick his sleazy little head in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, don't be fooled by the 'little Miss Butter Wouldn't Melt' image she portrayed whilst peeping shyly from beneath her fringe. My Dad used to know a policeman in the Royal protection squad, once cameras were round filming at Highgrove she went ballistic at the camera cables all over the floor, "get these f@cking cameras out of my f@cking way!"
    Also Charles and Eddie had a spat at Sandringham when Ed was dating Sophie, Charles wanted one particular bathroom for his use but Ed bagged it first for him and Sophe, Charles had a grumble and Ed told him to "f@ck off". A tale of every day folk just like you and me, squabbles over the lavvie and language to make your Nan blush.

i never said I judged her or was fooled by her. You don't really know what anybody is really like when those doors are closed and people spread so much about her in the press that you can't help believe how much of it was bull**** and just written to sell papers.

Not saying you are not lying but you get my drift
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i never said I judged her or was fooled by her. You don't really know what anybody is really like when those doors are closed and people spread so much about her in the press that you can't help believe how much of it was bull**** and just written to sell papers.

Not saying you are not lying but you get my drift

Why on earth would I lie:confused:, my post wasn't meant as a dig at Diana, I once lived with a very wealthy family who had titles and a castle, my post just illustrated that Royal or not, these people are just the same as everyone else.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,471
    Forum Member
    Why on earth would I lie:confused:, my post wasn't meant as a dig at Diana, I once lived with a very wealthy family who had titles and a castle, my post just illustrated that Royal or not, these people are just the same as everyone else.

Actually, I think they're worse - they've (mostly) been raised to believe that they're better than other people and take umbrage when they're not treated with the due deference they expect.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Never said you were lying:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never said you were lying:(

Oh, sorry, a misunderstanding on my part :blush:
  • hatpeghatpeg Posts: 3,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just listening to BBC Essex with Gerald Main talking his about his 35 years in radio and discussing celebrities he had met during his radio career.
    He mentioned Cilla Black.
    She came into the studio all grumpy and moody, not very friendly,but as soon as the red light came on - the mic was live, she completely changed "Hi it's Cilla here".

Yet more confirmation she is two faced.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching a 1980's edition of Top Of The Pops recently reminded me that a work colleague at that time had met BA Robertson and found him to an absolute top man. Very friendly and welcoming with time to chat and have a few laughs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    I've met most of these at conventions so may well not be the way they are in real life:

Patrick Stewart - nice, polite but didn't talk much. Heard he doesn't like signing events and he was obviously popular so had a lot to get through!

Scott Bakula (Quantum Leap) - lovely, asked how I was and chatted even though I wasn't getting anything signed myself (I was queueing with my partner).

Benedict Cumberbatch - quite a quick signing and photo session as there were lots of people to get through but he made time to say 'hello, how are you' etc and gave me a hug.

Matt Smith - lovely, chatted a bit, asked if we were having a good time.

Bernard Cribbins - he was brilliant, really funny - said he was pleased I was getting a Wombles picture signed and talked for a while about who our favourite Wombles were.

Dylan Moran - met him outside a gig with a bunch of annoying teenage mates who ran up to him and 'tagged' him. He humoured us and spoke to us even though I'm not sure I'd have blamed him for telling us to piss off!
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Sam Heughan (Jamie Fraser from Outlander) a few years back at the Royal Exchange in Manchester. He was very nice but seemed shy at the time. It was on the same occasion that I met Will Young.
  • bringbackGalaxybringbackGalaxy Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only met two bad celebs:

Vic Reeves at the Hop Farm in Kent. Stuck up and rude.
    Alan Titchmarsh outside Morrisons on the Isle Of Wight. Very rude and pushed in the queue stating 'don't you know who i am?'

Geoffrey Hughes we met on the IOW Ferry. Sat with us on an empty boat all the way over telling us stories of Corrie, etc. Great guy sadly no longer with us

I have had a load of phone conversations with celebs in a previous job. While i was warn some were awful, i had no problem with them:

Keith Allen (he was drunk, it was 9am, he thought i was trying to take out his daughter)
    Lily Allen (amazing)
    Michael Winner (he was polite and chatty)
    Janet Street Porter
    Max Beasley (Very funny guy)
    Gary Lineker (Polite and funny)
    John Terry (he was training on the pitch at the time but was thankful for the rest!)

There are many more, but some stand out more than others.
  • wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Met the Chuckle Brothers in a hotel lobby in Birmingham and they were more than happy to pose for a picture. I don't have the pic any more as the only camera we had was a phone camera years before phone cameras were any good.

Met Nicola Bryant (Doctor Who's Peri - companion to the 6th Doctor) who was very pleasant as was Red Dwarf's Norman Lovett who I met at the same event.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,845
    Forum Member
    Only met two bad celebs:

Vic Reeves at the Hop Farm in Kent. Stuck up and rude.
    Alan Titchmarsh outside Morrisons on the Isle Of Wight. Very rude and pushed in the queue stating 'don't you know who i am?'

Geoffrey Hughes we met on the IOW Ferry. Sat with us on an empty boat all the way over telling us stories of Corrie, etc. Great guy sadly no longer with us

I have had a load of phone conversations with celebs in a previous job. While i was warn some were awful, i had no problem with them:

Keith Allen (he was drunk, it was 9am, he thought i was trying to take out his daughter)
    Lily Allen (amazing)
    Michael Winner (he was polite and chatty)
    Janet Street Porter
    Max Beasley (Very funny guy)
    Gary Lineker (Polite and funny)
    John Terry (he was training on the pitch at the time but was thankful for the rest!)

There are many more, but some stand out more than others.

There's at least one other story somewhere on this thread/site about him being on a plane and using this exact phrase. Seems like a right cretinous individual.

Geoffrey Hughes - bless him and yes, very sad he has gone.
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Geoffrey Hughes - bless him and yes, very sad he has gone.

Yes, he was a real gentleman. I always feel a bit sad that he is pretty much only remembered for his roles in Coronation Street and Keeping Up Appearances, when he had such a wide repertoire of roles on stage and tv.

That said, I saw an interview recently on Youtube where this was put to him, and his response was basically as long as people enjoyed watching him act, he didn't care whether they remembered him for Corrie or Shakespeare.