Beyonce surprises the world releasing self titled album on iTunes without warning.

Comments

• RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Beyoncé abd her voice is flawless yet simplistic on this album but I'm really not feeling this album at all.
    They all seem like filler tracks as there is no stand outs and I get bored aand sleepy listen to it. Very disappointed tbh

This! I totally agree! I Am Sasha Fierce blows this new album out of the water.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who are just looking for big hit singles are missing the point of this album completely.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    This! I totally agree! I Am Sasha Fierce blows this new album out of the water.

Jesus. That album was as musically generic as hell.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »

4 is better than this Beyoncé bore fest imo
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 is better than this Beyoncé bore fest imo

4 is definitely better than this disappointing let down.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Physical CD/dvd is on her website .
    No sign of it in stores or Amazon though >:(
    http://us.shop.beyonce.com/mobile/index.php/music/visual-album-cd-dvd.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    Physical CD/dvd is on her website .
    No sign of it in stores or Amazon though >:(
    http://us.shop.beyonce.com/mobile/index.php/music/visual-album-cd-dvd.html

It's not released physically until 20th.
    Forum Member
    It's not released physically until 20th.

it should be available to pre order though surely..
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »

I completely disagree. I thought that album was great, definitely her best one. The only songs I didn't like from that were Diva and Videophone.
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who are just looking for big hit singles are missing the point of this album completely.

Isn't the point of any album that people listening to it (especially fans) are supposed to like it?

I am not a Beyonce fan & am not a huge R'n'B fan either (though I like/love some R'n'B songs too I suppose, but it's not my favourite genre), so my judgement is pretty much irrelevant.
    But if a Beyonce fan doesn't love the last album, the aim isn't achieved when it comes to this fan IMO.
    I am sure many fans love it though, but quite a few seem disapointed here.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Madonna and Beyoncé seem to have such respect for each other, during the final Oprah show Beyoncé and Madonna's embrace was so real and natural. You could see genuine affection was there.
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprises the world is a bit of an over exaggeration for the title to this thread.surprises her fans would be more bedded in reality. its hardly a where was you when it happened moment.
    I like a couple of beyonce tunes, visually and live theres no doubt she is an awesome performer.but song and album wise she is not all that and never has been.and this new album hasnt changed that hence the marketing overkill.the producer is the real star on all of her songs.
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really love everything Beyonce has done with this album. I love how every song has a video, and the videos are expertly made. I love how she's kept it all a secret. I love how she's gone more experimental on the songs. I genuinely love every song on the album, which has not happened with me and a Beyonce album so far. She's really surpassed herself and this is an incredible album, this truly deserves all the success it's getting. Partition, Mine, Superpower, XO, Flawless are all my favourites.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    Isn't the point of any album that people listening to it (especially fans) are supposed to like it?

I am not a Beyonce fan & am not a huge R'n'B fan either (though I like/love some R'n'B songs too I suppose, but it's not my favourite genre), so my judgement is pretty much irrelevant.
    But if a Beyonce fan doesn't love the last album, the aim isn't achieved when it comes to this fan IMO.
    I am sure many fans love it though, but quite a few seem disapointed here.

I said "People who are looking for hit singles are missing the point of the album", and with your resposne you seem to have prooved me right.

During Beyonce's documentary, she talked about how these days it's all about singles. Everything is so regimented...promo, release a lead single, release another single, promo, release an album, more promo, release another few singles, then the end of that era and onto the next album. She spoke about how it used to be all about the album. When she said all of this I was a bit worried and didn't understand where she was going with all of this. However, she has put her money where her mouth is and gone and released a body of work with no lead single. All videos have been filmed. The album is meant to be viewed as a whole. It's not about a 'Crazy In Love' or 'Single Ladies' type hit. She set out to make a body of work to be viewed as a whole, and that's exactly what she has done.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    XO is very nice but as a single it just doesn't pack enough of a punch...it is just lacking that "oomph" IMO.
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said "People who are looking for hit singles are missing the point of the album", and with your resposne you seem to have prooved me right.

During Beyonce's documentary, she talked about how these days it's all about singles. Everything is so regimented...promo, release a lead single, release another single, promo, release an album, more promo, release another few singles, then the end of that era and onto the next album. She spoke about how it used to be all about the album. When she said all of this I was a bit worried and didn't understand where she was going with all of this. However, she has put her money where her mouth is and gone and released a body of work with no lead single. All videos have been filmed. The album is meant to be viewed as a whole. It's not about a 'Crazy In Love' or 'Single Ladies' type hit. She set out to make a body of work to be viewed as a whole, and that's exactly what she has done.

I have stated that I don't follow her or am not a fan, why would I know what she is saying about her album?
    The music should speak for itself, I don't believe in having to introduce & explain your stuff (like Gaga did...). People like it or don't like it. I know it's a simplistic approach, but it's how most people deal with music, I think...

Although: fair enough if she did what she set out to do with this album, but I get why some people would be disapointed if that's the spirit of the album tbh.

You obviously liked it though, so not all the fans are disapointed.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Bought my copy today. HMV had literally hundreds lining the shelves. I was quite suprised, as I didn't think the UK would get the CD until Monday.

Not heard it yet, but it's a nice little package. No lyrics or thank yous, but lots of nice photos :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    Bought my copy today. HMV had literally hundreds lining the shelves. I was quite suprised, as I didn't think the UK would get the CD until Monday.

Not heard it yet, but it's a nice little package. No lyrics or thank yous, but lots of nice photos :D

Jealous!

Tesco doesn't have it until Monday so I have to wait :(
    Forum Member
    glyn9799 wrote: »

yes i rung up yesterday to make sure HMV would have it :D
    i was also surprised to see the shelves rammed full.

this is how i like my albums, on CD. not some ghastly itunes download :p
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the snippets on iTunes do the album justice. I've been listening to some of the songs on iTunes and I like them. I'm going to buy the album on iTunes now.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    yes i rung up yesterday to make sure HMV would have it :D
    i was also surprised to see the shelves rammed full.

this is how i like my albums, on CD. not some ghastly itunes download :p

Do you get the videos with the physical CD though? And can you rip those to play on your phone/iPad/iPod ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Do you get the videos with the physical CD though? And can you rip those to play on your phone/iPad/iPod ?

It's CD/DVD combo, and yes, the videos are transferable.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like that the thread title says 'warning', like the album was going to be an assault on the eardrums, ha ha!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    I completely disagree. I thought that album was great, definitely her best one. The only songs I didn't like from that were Diva and Videophone.

I Am... Sasha Fierce is her worst album.