Options

Callum Davenport and his mother stabbed

Comments

• Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Seems like it, although his mother was stabbed too. Something happened the previous night apparently. It will no doubt become clear in the fullness of time.

The stabbing in the both legs deffo suggests career ending rather than murder was the intent cos it sounds like they could have killed him if they wanted to, if you know what i mean.

Yeah, definitely. It strikes me as a deliberate blow to a footballer rather than an attempt at a man's life.

His mother being attacked as well though... I don't have the words.
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    celesti wrote: »
    Yeah, definitely. It strikes me as a deliberate blow to a footballer rather than an attempt at a man's life.

His mother being attacked as well though... I don't have the words.

Its the work of cowards. Nothing more.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets hope that karma has them sharing a prison with some hardcore and very large West Ham fans

Yes, most definitely. That could easily happen if the prison warders are also hammers fans.
  • Options
    Super Dog ManSuper Dog Man Posts: 4,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Its the work of cowards. Nothing more.

Couldnt agree more.

Horrible nasty bastards :mad::mad::mad:

Hope they both make a full recovery
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Echoing all the sentiments on this thread, I too hope Calum and his mum make a full recovery.
    Reading that the poor lad was stabbed in his legs is just horrendous. So obvious someone was trying to end his career by the sound of things. Sick sick people. :mad:
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All very unpleasant.

Best wishes to Mr Davenport and his mother.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope this isn't true, but i've read in the news of the world that the damage to calum's left leg is so severe he might lose it.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/466189/Hammers-star-Calum-knifed-Docs-battle-to-save-Davenportrsquos-leg.html

i know you have to take these things with a pinch of salt, especially with this paper, but I really do hope this one isn't true.
  • Options
    Sir Jeremy IIISir Jeremy III Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    This is unbelievable!

The people who have done this have clearly set out to end his career.

I really hope he can make a full recovery.
  • Options
    CarlosVelaCarlosVela Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The police have arrested someone for this
  • Options
    TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's just awful news - i've literally just read it.

I think it's clear by the nature of the attack it was driven by football "loyalties".

Awful news - wish them both well and hope they can make full recoveries.

Seems to me like it has nothing to do with football and everything to do with his sister.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to me like it has nothing to do with football and everything to do with his sister.

I did think this after reading the News of the World piece.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a callous, disgusting act.
  • Options
    Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    I've just read that his wife is seven months pregnant. :( How awful for the whole family.

There really are some horrible people in this world. :mad:
  • Options
    lux lisbon 2lux lisbon 2 Posts: 6,273
    Forum Member
    A disgusting, cowardly attack and I hope the police throw the book at the b*stards who did this.

I heard about Callum maybe having to lose his leg, such an awful thing to happen to him and his mother.

I wish both all the best and extend my sympathy and best wishes to the Davenport family.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully more details will come out, the reporting so far makes it sound like it was a planned attack and they didn't want Davenport to play football again.

Not sure if that is the case or if it is just they way the media are playing it. I find it really hard his own sister would want to do that to him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8217595.stm

They've charged someone over it - without trying to speculate (again), it could well be the sister's boyfriend.

If you believe what you read in the sun, she's expecting his child as well.
  • Options
    nothing on tvnothing on tv Posts: 5,044
    Forum Member
    Hopefully more details will come out, the reporting so far makes it sound like it was a planned attack and they didn't want Davenport to play football again.

Not sure if that is the case or if it is just they way the media are playing it. I find it really hard his own sister would want to do that to him.

sounds more like the nutty boyfriend didn't take kindly to some kind of request to stay away, or something said to the sister and relayed to him, I doubt this was the sister's request.

Davenport had been plagued with injuries and could have been killed (his mum too) I fear he won't play again professionally. I hope this will be fully taken into account when they sentence. WTF is wrong with people.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I think this is my first ever foray into the sports forum. This story is so shocking and I wanted to add my best wishes to Callum and his Mum.

To think that days later it's still not certain if his leg can be saved - never mind his career, it's sickening. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a strange old story this one isn't it? A family that appears to have a few issues.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ginger Nut wrote: »
    It's a strange old story this one isn't it? A family that appears to have a few issues.....
    Yes, there's obviously a lot of complicated (and violent, in one way or another) emotions, there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »

So, having seen her boyfriend stab her mother and brother she has decided to press charges against her brother for assault?

Interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, having seen her boyfriend stab her mother and brother she has decided to press charges against her brother for assault?

Interesting.
    I don't think we can know that yet. I guess he could have assaulted her first and her boyfriend carried out a revenge attack. Who knows? (Not defending any of them and all the sympathy for Callum, if he was innocent in this, of course, especially if his sister is lying and making him suffer more than he already has. Christmas should be fun at their house).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think we can know that yet. I guess he could have assaulted her first and her boyfriend carried out a revenge attack. Who knows? (Not defending any of them and all the sympathy for Callum, if he was innocent in this, of course, especially if his sister is lying and making him suffer more than he already has. Christmas should be fun at their house).

He has been charged with ABH, so maybe he did attack her first but not sure that multiple stab wounds was the correct response.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ok, who wants leg???

:eek: