• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Rubberbandits will get it.

They have way more publicity than Matt.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    could easily do with the amount of TV & Radio coverage today.
    also, any of Matts sales up to midnight tonight won't count towards the Christmas charts in Ireland.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Dream on.

I work in a record shop and Matts single is absolutely flying out the door. Horse will be a not so close-second.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    natec wrote: »
    Dream on.

I work in a record shop and Matts single is absolutely flying out the door. Horse will be a not so close-second.

but it doesn't count til Friday......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    miloilo wrote: »
    but it doesn't count til Friday......

Nah it'll be When We Collide..it's flying out the door..don't forget buying online too..
    It won't be Horse outside...especially if they release the *clean* version for charts...who wants to buy that version..I'd rather convert from YT & keep the filthy one..much funnier!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    foxylox wrote: »
    Nah it'll be When We Collide..it's flying out the door..don't forget buying online too..
    It won't be Horse outside...especially if they release the *clean* version for charts...who wants to buy that version..I'd rather convert from YT & keep the filthy one..much funnier!!

paddy power still has rubberbandits as faves but tbh I don't mind whether its them or Matt.

I love Matt but love the Rubberbandits too - I'm from Limerick:p
  • Options
    RevenReven Posts: 2,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer it on radio than on video. It's too Limerick on video. That said, I think it's a fun song and would cheer us up more for Christmas than Cardle's one. "When we collide, we come together" What a logical line! Matt Einstein Cardle!
    Dream on.

What's your demographic, though? One record shop does not a number 1, make!
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Hope rubberbandits get it :p

I like Matt really (Hope he gets it in England) but Horse Outside is too awesome not to get number 1 :D
  • Options
    jcallaghan86jcallaghan86 Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im sure matt won't lose much sleep if he doesn't get number one in ireland
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dream on.

I knw however one has to humour them;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

He has said thats up to them almost; ;)
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He is of Irish descent btw : family name was originally McArdle when they emigrated to England :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope rubberbandits get it :p

I like Matt really (Hope he gets it in England) but Horse Outside is too awesome not to get number 1 :D

I think if that pleases the Horses and does not frighten anyone else thats fine. Rubberbandits I wonder how long they have been together;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    He is of Irish descent btw : family name was originally McArdle when they emigrated to England :)

I know still ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who knows or cares if he will or not. Hopefuly a more fun song will win! As an aside, I came across something interesting today on a Cher youtube video. By far the most geographical interest in it was from Ireland! I suspect we only like her when she behaves, though...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mitacond wrote: »
    I know still ;)

He should have played that angle up on the live shows : would have got him more votes from the Emerald Isle :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paddy power still has rubberbandits as faves but tbh I don't mind whether its them or Matt.

Haven't heard it on the radio yet (clean or dirty version!) only on YT, but it says here that it sounds good?

I would hazard that it will be Matt, but there's nothing he can do if it turns out to be the Rubberbandits after all! They've done no publicity for it though? They won't get tweenies buying..they're the ones with the pocket money :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Well Matts family origins started in Ireland - ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reven wrote: »
    Who knows or cares if he will or not. Hopefuly a more fun song will win! As an aside, I came across something interesting today on a Cher youtube video. By far the most geographical interest in it was from Ireland! I suspect we only like her when she behaves, though...

There seems to be a thriving rapping scene in Ireland,especially in working class parts of Dublin....maybe that is a factor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Matt is extremely popular in Ireland..;)

But Louis did enough hyping up of Mary & Niall (who he said was from Dublin :eek: (Monaghan Louis u muppet!) & if he started banging on about Matt also being of Irish descent Simon would surely have planked him :eek:;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He should have played that angle up on the live shows : would have got him more votes from the Emerald Isle :)

I don't think he even thought of it to be honest although he does have lots of Irish fans QM being one of them.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There seems to be a thriving rapping scene in Ireland,especially in working class parts of Dublin....maybe that is a factor.

Euro, I'm not really a rap fan (Mainly rock and r'n'b, really, (oh, and cheesy pop) though I like bits from everywhere) but I still like her (when she behaves). I think she can do rap-lite along with mainly singing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    foxylox wrote: »
    Matt is extremely popular in Ireland..;)

But Louis did enough hyping up of Mary & Niall (who he said was from Dublin :eek: (Monaghan Louis u muppet!) & if he started banging on about Matt also being of Irish descent Simon would surely have planked him :eek:;)

Yes he would have wouldn't he;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    thekman wrote: »
    could easily do with the amount of TV & Radio coverage today.
    also, any of Matts sales up to midnight tonight won't count towards the Christmas charts in Ireland.

My mistake, Matts single sales don't count towards the Irish Christmas chart till Friday morning, not Thursday morning,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reven wrote: »
    Euro, I'm not really a rap fan (Mainly rock and r'n'b, really, (oh, and cheesy pop) though I like bits from everywhere) but I still like her (when she behaves). I think she can do rap-lite along with mainly singing.

Though I've seen one or two people here unkindly refer to her as a "karaoke rapper" Reven :D